it sat on night stand doing nothing, by morning
    8 am it was more than half drained. I have attempted
    to watch a movie 3 min in , 5% loss in power

Mail Service is bad due to many missing features
    such as no mark as read options and numerous others

Signal quality is poor, and in some areas where
    other phones function fine such as blackberry
    the iphone 3Gs could barely send a email

thus review - bad phone. don't by the hype.
    remember this is not envy - it was a real world test.

I am more than happy to be on my BB 8900
    06-27-09 11:04 PM
    I have a BB and the iphone 3gs. The iphone out performs it 5x or more. The email does need some work but it like night and day viewing web pages.. The apps are way better and love the wifi. I guess you just don't have good service in your area but i can view web pages while my blackberry is still loading...

The iphone 3gs is the best made right now. I can say this since I have a blackberry and also the iphone

The battery is the same as my blackberry except I can leave both of them on the nightstand and by morning the BB will have 40% gone and iphone will have 30% gone..
    06-28-09 01:02 AM
    K so here is what I love about your post. The fact that you play with it for what doesn't even seem like a day and you deside it's crap. So far the 3gs is amazing. Best phone I have ever had. A the battery life is fine unless you are planning on sitting on the Internet all day and or using a battery hog like YouTube you will be more then fine. I owned my storm for four months before I got rid of it. It really takes you learning the quirks of the phone to really figure out whether it's for you. The connection is great for me so all and all I am very happy with my change. I wish I would of done it sooner but I am glad I waited because I did I got the 3gs instead of the 3g.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 01:38 AM
    Bad Battery Life is very bad

Mail Service is bad due to many missing features
    such as no mark as read options and numerous others
    Signal quality is poor, and in some areas where
    other phones function fine such as blackberry
    the iphone 3Gs could barely send a email
    thus review - bad phone. don't by the hype.
    remember this is not envy - it was a real world test.
    LOL my battery is perfect , last 2.5 days easy , unlike my storm
    Mail service , is fine , will have push soon , and other isnt necessary
    I have never had below 5 bars , when i was with verizon i would max at 3
    "Dont buy the hype " lol , I can say the same about blackberry.
    And a real world test lol , you have no idea.. my iphone does everything i need it to do and more...
    06-28-09 02:21 AM
    I noticed that the battery gets much better after charging it several times. It also charges faster when you use the wall charger. I play with the iphone 3GS Way more than my Bold and get about the same battery life (2 Full Days)
    06-28-09 08:08 AM
    I noticed that the battery gets much better after charging it several times. It also charges faster when you use the wall charger. I play with the iphone 3GS Way more than my Bold and get about the same battery life (2 Full Days)
    How does it get better after a few days charge. Is that common?

06-28-09 08:14 AM

I noticed this on every phone I've owned. The Bold and iphone would last about one day on the first charge and progressively get better over the course of about two weeks.
    06-28-09 08:29 AM
    hmm on my 8900 curve battery life it very good, full charge left on night stand full charge in morning .. no change ..

that does sound like something that is possible with a battery.
    signal in non 3G area Edge only with curve email was fast

its true night and day viewing webpages & graphics are really good
    the email - eh hehe needs work, jail break could fix part
    of that .. push email should be free for iphone not pay
    mobile me ..

threading no contest BB wins

but hey I think I give it another try to be fair
    Last edited by vx1; 06-28-09 at 09:35 AM.
    06-28-09 08:36 AM
    hmm on my 8900 curve battery life it very good, full charge left on night stand full charge in morning .. no change ..

that does sound like something that is possible with a battery.
    signal in non 3G area Edge only with curve email was fast

its true night and day viewing webpages & graphics are really good
    the email - eh hehe needs work, jail break could fix part
    of that .. push email should be free for iphone not pay
    mobile me ..

threading no contest BB wins

but hey I think I give it another try to be fair
    I think you should give it another shot. As far as email, if you are only using Yahoo, AOL, or one of the web-based email providers then, the BB has a definite advantage. I use outlook and my Storm just can't compete when it comes to email. With the iPhone, I get all my subfolders, calendar and contacts synced wirelessly. Something my Storm can't do on BIS. I also get better performance connecting to my intranet with the iPhone using either 3G or WIFI. Battery life for me has been awesome, I used it pretty heavily, yesterday, didn't charge it last night and this morning I was still at 32%.

The battery life on my Curve still blows my iPhone away, but compared to my Storm the battery life is slightly better.
    06-28-09 11:51 AM

Yes it is common with all lithium-ion batteries.
    06-28-09 12:13 PM
    Hmm... maybe your device is defective.

I love my iPhone due to:

* no memory leaks
    * messaging app is awesome... threaded sms, mms, audio, contact cards
    * screen size is awesome
    * browser is unmatchable... even the Pre isn't on the iPhone's level
    * an app for everything, literally and they are either free or very cheap compared to bb versions
    * 3.0mp cam better than the 3.2mp 8900/95XX have. You're into photography? That's a plus for you
    * 30fps video recording + editing + ability to send straight to YouTube (YouTube uploads are up 400%)
    * Email... true HTML email. It's a beauty to read them off my device
    * Charges a lot faster than the Bold. In fact, it charges faster than all BBs after the Pearl
    * 32gb of storage in which over 100+ apps can be installed with no problems and no lag
    * iPod. I was going to leave it out as I don't use it for music/movies.

Docs2Go is a perfect example. It's $5 for the iPhone and $70 for the BlackBerry/
    Shazam is another. Free for iPhone (plus links to watch YouTube of that song) and $5 for the BlackBerry.
    06-28-09 02:09 PM
    I did a phone wipe and its performing better
    06-28-09 02:41 PM
    Docs2Go is a perfect example. It's $5 for the iPhone and $70 for the BlackBerry/
    Shazam is another. Free for iPhone (plus links to watch YouTube of that song) and $5 for the BlackBerry.
    $65 more for the same thing. That is very sad.
    06-28-09 03:07 PM
    $65 more for the same thing. That is very sad.
    Yup. The apps and game prices were much more than comparable apps on the Iphone. And they weren't nearly as good. That's another reason why I dumped my Bold. App world stinks.
    06-28-09 03:17 PM
    Yup. The apps and game prices were much more than comparable apps on the Iphone. And they weren't nearly as good. That's another reason why I dumped my Bold. App world stinks.
    That has been my complaint all along with BBs. Back when I had my 3G, I had every app I wanted when I had my Curve. Then when I got my Bold (still had the 3G also) I tried to get those same apps and they were all too much $$. And yes, App World does suck. A lot.
    06-28-09 03:46 PM
    Agree with a lot above

BIS cant compete with real exchange if you have access to an exchange server (or free mail2web even) for folders, contacts, calendar sync which BIS cant do at all.

HTML email, like on gmail, just WORKS. no hitting get images, or any BS its just there as if youre reading it on the computer gmail.com

Apps are FAR better and FAR cheaper. IM+ was $10, $30 on BB. Docs 2 Go is $8 i think for the exchange version, $70 on BB. Every app overall Ive seen is many many times less expensive on the iphone.

The phone in general just works, no battery pulls, freezes, lag, resets, etc etc.

I wont be going back to BB or WM anytime soon until they both decide to improve their outdated OS', and RIM their BIS policies cutting out half the useful features and get app pricing under control. there's no reason a half-featured Docs 2 Go thats included on the newer BBs is $70 to upgrade, thats ridiculous. Theres no reason an IM program is $30. If iphone can offer it for $10 or less, then any platform can too
    06-28-09 04:05 PM
    And a real world test lol , you have no idea.. my iphone does everything i need it to do and more...
    When will we have push? and will it be like with BB?
    06-28-09 05:26 PM

you sure about will have push soon?

the original announcement of the iPhone 3 years ago claimed push...

sorry noone knows when or if the iPhone will ever have push email..

the clear things up people seem to either choose the iPhone or not for the wrong reasons..

if you are super into media then the iPhone is for you but if your a mad business person then it will have its short comings vs other phones.. keep in mind apple has ALWAYS been a media centric company IE why macs are used in movie production in graphics design and why the iPOD is the number 1 selling mp3 player out there..

they DOMINATE in media..
    so if media is for you then the iPhone will be great..

but apple never has been solid in the business world IE mail, server side things, so if you expect it will dominate that category on phones I think you will be saddened by that.

As far as battery life I think the OP either has a bad phone or is mistaken about something because more times then not the iPhone has a fine battery life especially for a smartphone.. its on par with a blackberry anyway...

dont buy a iPhone for the wrong reasons these are the reasons I don't still own one but its not a bad phone either but don't expect it to be something that it simply is not..

I also want to add that when the iPhone originally came out you couldn't even delete more then 1 email at a time.. so with that being said I think its obvious that apple has a thing or two to learn about what email should be. Hopefully you as end users can push that point across to them because noone has been successful of doing that yet. I don't blaim it on you guys and some people assume because I downplay the company and the phone that it means I am downplaying them for what they like. That is not the case your phone your choice I love apples products for the most part but there is a ton of times that I think WHO thought this was a good idea seriously..
    Last edited by noaim; 06-28-09 at 05:51 PM.
    06-28-09 05:36 PM
    im sorry but thats bull...everyone knows the iphones battery doesnt last that long...you obviously dont use your phone.
    06-28-09 05:46 PM
    im sorry but thats bull...everyone knows the iphones battery doesnt last that long...you obviously dont use your phone.

and I kind of agree with this even the edge version didn't make it past a full day of heavy use..
    06-28-09 05:48 PM
    Once iPhone gets push email it will be perfect IMO
    06-28-09 05:51 PM
    Agree with a lot above

BIS cant compete with real exchange if you have access to an exchange server (or free mail2web even) for folders, contacts, calendar sync which BIS cant do at all.

HTML email, like on gmail, just WORKS. no hitting get images, or any BS its just there as if youre reading it on the computer gmail.com

Apps are FAR better and FAR cheaper. IM+ was $10, $30 on BB. Docs 2 Go is $8 i think for the exchange version, $70 on BB. Every app overall Ive seen is many many times less expensive on the iphone.

The phone in general just works, no battery pulls, freezes, lag, resets, etc etc.

I wont be going back to BB or WM anytime soon until they both decide to improve their outdated OS', and RIM their BIS policies cutting out half the useful features and get app pricing under control. there's no reason a half-featured Docs 2 Go thats included on the newer BBs is $70 to upgrade, thats ridiculous. Theres no reason an IM program is $30. If iphone can offer it for $10 or less, then any platform can too

and believe me every company you mentioned I have written a long email to because I agree the app prices are dumb compared to the BB these companys are milking business' for there app prices because of business' using the BB its rediculous..

but that has nothing to do with the iPhone nor the blackberry thats the app developing company's
    06-28-09 05:52 PM
    and believe me every company you mentioned I have written a long email to because I agree the app prices are dumb compared to the BB these companys are milking business' for there app prices because of business' using the BB its rediculous..

but that has nothing to do with the iPhone nor the blackberry thats the app developing company's
    It does... Apple came out with an SDK that is easy for devs to use. Heck, you even get a fake iPhone screen on your computer to be able to demo it. Most devs feel that since it's as easy as pie to make on the iPhone and uses less man power, they don't have to charge an arm and a leg. The other part is that devs realize more business users use BlackBerry devices and would fork over the cash.
    06-28-09 07:51 PM
    Once iPhone gets push email it will be perfect IMO
    once the Storm gets a faster OS(which is hinted that they are working towards)

and a more pleasant UI

it will be the perfect phone for me.
    06-28-09 08:08 PM
    once the Storm gets a faster OS(which is hinted that they are working towards)

and a more pleasant UI

it will be the perfect phone for me.
    The next storm will not be much different from the old in regards to the UI. BlackBerry hasn't changed their UI much (aside from new icons and small new features like adding/deleting folders).
    06-28-09 08:10 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD