06-10-09 10:10 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    Maybe APPL has done all they can do.
    This is the phone everyone is trying to beat. Everyone/everything peaks.
    I doubt this is all they can do. They might not have added more because like you said, this is the phone to beat and that hasn't happened yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 03:41 PM
    It's just the release of a new OS pretty much. No biggie. A little better camera (no flash?) too. The iPhone was already the king of apps, photo, music and video and still is. Where it lags is messaging (and still does). I don't think the update will do much to enhance the brand. Maybe a few will jump on board with the $99 3g, which is basically the same phone. That's a good price IMO. Hardly anyone tethers, and the voice command gimmick is just that. I wonder how long the battery will last and how they improved that (did they change the battery itself?).
    06-09-09 04:06 PM
    The 3GS update is fine for me since I have never owned an iPhone. My wife is happy with her 3G and the OS 3.0 update because she doesn't have the urge to go out and buy the new model.

I still can't believe i'm going to do it, but I am bored of the Storm OS update game. I'll keep my Storm and if I just can't live w/the iPhone, i'll reactivate it and put the iPhone on ebay, it'll get top dollar since the existing customers are getting shafted on the upgrade price. Since it's going to be free, I am pulling the trigger, the experience cannot be any worse than it's been using using the Storm since November. 4 or 5 returned phones due to hardware issues, having to buy a Curve JUST to reliably get my mission critical data, etc........
    06-09-09 04:34 PM
    I want the new iPhone 3GS specifically for it's compass and video recording ON the device.. that's awesome. And since my company will be paying for it, not like I will refuse.
    06-09-09 05:09 PM
    I wasn't going to upgrade to an iPhone anywho (BB FTW!) but I think the 3G S is a great phone nonetheless. It'll definitely draw in more iPhone users because of the 3G price drop, making the smartphone an "affordable luxury" as they called it.

I'll just update my iPod Touch to the 3.0 software. $9.99 is okay by me.
    06-09-09 05:29 PM
    I wasn't going to upgrade to an iPhone anywho (BB FTW!) but I think the 3G S is a great phone nonetheless. It'll definitely draw in more iPhone users because of the 3G price drop, making the smartphone an "affordable luxury" as they called it.

I'll just update my iPod Touch to the 3.0 software. $9.99 is okay by me.
    i want the iphone 3G S on Verizon
    06-09-09 05:37 PM
    Frankly I personally didn't expect much from this new model and it was about right. It'll be great for new users but a good chunk of current owners won't rush out for it. Oh well (although I shook my head at att..talk about dropping the ball)
    06-09-09 05:42 PM
    My first few thoughts were definitely negative but after much thought looking at the new specs and everything.. I'll be upgrading.
    06-10-09 12:06 AM
    I could kick myself... i heard there was a new iphone coming out, but there was no official word. so i went ahead and bought my 3g in april. If ONLY i would have waited. Now i can sell my current iphone to my sister use her upgrade and spend the money on the new one...i just dont know...any suggestions?
    06-10-09 10:10 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD