I am sorry but after all the announcements made and the "upgrades", I am at a loss. I was completely unimpressed today. Not worth upgrading IMO. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 02:04 PM
    I was pretty shocked that there was no real new device.. really waiting for something like gizmodo was reporting..

oh well.. guess I'll stick with the storm.
    06-08-09 02:06 PM
    Ya, todays annoucement made me love my Bold even more... So sad Apple.

06-08-09 02:08 PM
    Definitely NOT a HUGE let down...lol.

Upgrades:
    1. Better Battery Life
    2. All of the 3.0 upgrades.
    3. Video Recording and updating
    4. 32gb
    5. 7.2 Mbps
    6. 3.0 megapixel camera w/ autofocus
    7. Voice control (including iPod)

I'll be the first one in line on the 19th...lol (ok maybe not the first, but you get my point.)
    06-08-09 02:11 PM
    Typically, Apple�s summer announcements are more geared to �revisions� and not full-fledged reveals. They keep those for their fall announcements. That�s been their history anyway. I can�t believe they�re going to charge for their iPod Touch updates but not the iPhone. Oh well, I haven�t used my Touch for over a week anyhow.
    06-08-09 02:12 PM
    I expected a lot more.
    Battery life is nice.
    3.0 features are overhyped, nice add ons and improvements but overhyped.
    Video recording is one thing I am down for. (Does anyone know if 3G users get it)
    32GB storage doesnt impress me (I dont keep anywhere near that amount of stuff on my iPhone)
    7.2 is nice for ATT users but I am T-Mobile. Will never be an ATT customer so...
    Voice control is sort of cool but I have owned lots of phones that have had simliar voice control features and I NEVER used them. How often do you see someone on a bus, on a train or something talking to their phone (CALL SUSY, ETC).

06-08-09 02:16 PM
    Typically, Apple�s summer announcements are more geared to �revisions� and not full-fledged reveals. They keep those for their fall announcements. That�s been their history anyway. I can�t believe they�re going to charge for their iPod Touch updates but not the iPhone. Oh well, I haven�t used my Touch for over a week anyhow.
    This is exactly how I viewed this event today. iPhone maintenance.
    06-08-09 02:16 PM
    I expected a lot more.
    Battery life is nice.
    3.0 features are overhyped, nice add ons and improvements but overhyped.
    Video recording is one thing I am down for. (Does anyone know if 3G users get it)
    32GB storage doesnt impress me (I dont keep anywhere near that amount of stuff on my iPhone)
    7.2 is nice for ATT users but I am T-Mobile. Will never be an ATT customer so...
    Voice control is sort of cool but I have owned lots of phones that have had simliar voice control features and I NEVER used them. How often do you see someone on a bus, on a train or something talking to their phone (CALL SUSY, ETC).

3G users do not get video recording.

iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.) (You'll have to scroll down a bit)
    06-08-09 02:21 PM
    With all these "leaked" images or rumors and such I thought at least a few would turn out to be true. Even the boys over at Gizmodo were let down. Ehh, hopefully Fall will bring something new.

06-08-09 02:22 PM
    me neither but i'll probably get it anyway lol
    06-08-09 02:23 PM
    Did it go to 600 mhz speed, it was at 400mhz...I think it did..$ 99 current model is a nice option!
    06-08-09 02:24 PM
    No Steve Jobs, so nothing innovative.
    06-08-09 02:25 PM
    Total let down. Video recording, cut and paste and a cool compass... Come on thats so 20th century.
    06-08-09 02:27 PM
    I was more impressed with the snow leopard and 13" pro..
    but wasn't sure what everyone was expecting..A nano version? front camera? HD?.
    The voice features and edit features are nice, but still not enough to sway me to leave my provider. Unfortuantely ATT reception is still not up to par for me. I'll stick it out with itouch.. If the rumored LTE version comes out for Verizon next year however..
    06-08-09 02:29 PM

Upgrades:
    1. Better Battery Life
    4. 32gb
    5. 7.2 Mbps

I'll be the first one in line on the 19th...lol (ok maybe not the first, but you get my point.)
    I agree fully. Not a huge let down at all. I wont be in line to get one, since I just got my 3G, but its going to be a great phone, thats for sure. As soon as OS 3.0 comes out, all 3G owners will feel like they have the new iPhone!! lol

Upgrades:
    1. Better Battery Life
    4. 32gb
    5. 7.2 Mbps

Most of these weren't mentioned on engadget...
    What's interesting is that apparently the 3G won't support video, but the MMS features description claims that one click (er... tap) will allow you to snap a picture or take a video to send. Unless they're describing 3.0 entirely around the 3GS, something here is confusing me.
    06-08-09 02:31 PM
    $299 for a 32gb model is not bad.
    06-08-09 02:48 PM
    Now we know what Apple looks like without Jobs! What a MASSIVE dissapointment WOW. Apple has officially opened the door to the likes of the Palm Pre and others. Words cannot explain, from MMS with AT&T letdown "later summer" to no new redesign. Apple lost would could amount to millions of dollars without a redesign. Why upgrade? Video? What a joke.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-08-09 at 02:52 PM.
    06-08-09 02:50 PM
    I was waiting to see if this model would impress me enough to pull me away from the N97, but nope... Definitely not...

I really don't see much reason to even upgrade if you have the iPhone 3g...

OS3 has nothing to do with the 3GS considering it's backwards compatible anyways...
    06-08-09 02:52 PM
    I'm dissappointed with the new phone, but not suprised. I'm happy with the new OS though. Or atleast I hope I will be! So instead of buying another iPhone for my second line, I'll probably buy a BB instead. Guess I should read up on what's coming out!
    06-08-09 02:53 PM
    Will the ipod touch have a different pricing or be a new model?
    06-08-09 03:06 PM
    Will the new revisions allow multi-tasking with apps? (can you run more than one at a time?)

If not who cares about what has been updated... Only reason I went BB instead of Apple. If I'm listening to music or online I want to be able to receive txts and messages....
    06-08-09 03:08 PM
    I could get texts and such while listening to music on my 3g

06-08-09 03:13 PM
    Its not real multitasking, its background notifications.

06-08-09 03:14 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD