Here are some screen shots of the new iPhone 4.0 Operating system. The coolest 2 things are the application folders and the all in one in-box, (Like BB). Also, you can select what is searched when you hit the home button from the main app screen. Also, the multi tasking feature is a cool feature, but it could have been done a little better i think.

Here is the home screen, with the wallpaper in the background, as well as the Application Folders as Icons.

Here is what posps up after you select the folder icon. All you have to do is hold down the icon, and hover it over the app you want to group it with.

You can also change the name of the folder.

Clicking an image to "Set As" gives you these options.

Double-Tapping the Home button in an app brings up the multi-task bar on the bottom. You would select the app to switch to, almost like an alt-tab idea.

You have an option to turn off cellular data!? (Why i have no clue)

Your email accounts screen now has "All In-boxes" option. This is the coolest feature by far!

Home-button search results (where to look) settings.

And here is the firmware that i used when i took these pics.
    04-20-10 04:32 PM
    ...what's the battery life been like on it?
    04-20-10 04:48 PM
    I have been impressed. I just took those pictures a little earlier and I have not charged it all day. I have 3G and wifi on all day and it is sitting right at 70% as of now. That was taken at about 3:45 and it is now almost 6pm. No charges in the meantime. Location is on as well. It has been very good to be honest.
    04-20-10 04:57 PM
    So the multi-tasking seems to be okay then right? How could it be better?

If cellular data includes voice, then I think you'd want to turn it off if you just
    wanted to use the phone with only WiFi. Eliminates the hassle of taking the sim
    card out.

I'm glad to see that we'll be able to set two different wallpapers for the lock and
    the homescreen. I was afraid it had to be the same.
    04-20-10 05:05 PM
    Oh and I'm wondering something else. To get a 3rd party app to run in the
    backround, do I have to double-tap when I open it to ensure that it's running in
    the backround? For example, if I'm playing a game and I receive a text and I go
    to "View", will I still be in the same place of where the game was left off?
    04-20-10 05:10 PM
    The mutlitasking is okay i guess, it will not work with apps yet, only for Apple Iphone Core Apps, since the OS is in Beta, but it seems to be a good think, that we all have been waiting for.

I see that "cellular data off" turns off the 3G/Edge connection, but you can still text/talk.
    04-20-10 05:13 PM
    background, do I have to double-tap when I open it to ensure that it's running in
    the background? For example, if I'm playing a game and I receive a text and I go
    I cant tell since the Apps do not run in the b/g yet. but yes in the apple core ones, but as it is now, if you get a text you have to hit close, then double tap the home button and open text that way, then do your texting, then double tap again to go back to your app. I don't know if this is final but that is how this beta development works.
    04-20-10 05:16 PM
    One thing i just noticed. If you get a text message, and you dont answer it, and when it re-alerts you, the screen flashes, then dims. That is pretty cool.
    04-20-10 05:23 PM
    backround, do I have to double-tap when I open it to ensure that it's running in
    the backround? For example, if I'm playing a game and I receive a text and I go
    No, you don't have to double tap. The apps are always going to be backgrounded.
    04-20-10 05:45 PM
    The mutlitasking is okay i guess, it will not work with apps yet, only for Apple Iphone Core Apps, since the OS is in Beta, but it seems to be a good think, that we all have been waiting for.

I see that "cellular data off" turns off the 3G/Edge connection, but you can still text/talk.
    I believe that's what it does. I enabled the "Cellular Data Off" option, and my 3G symbol disappeared. Didn't try making a phone call, but it would have most likely worked fine. Not possible for me to test out texting because I just use Google Voice with a texting app or through Google Talk.
    04-20-10 05:47 PM
    ...sounds to me if I happened to open 10 apps, they would all be running in the background automatically, correct?
    04-20-10 07:19 PM
    ...sounds to me if I happened to open 10 apps, they would all be running in the background automatically, correct?
    not really, and it will only work with apps that are coded to take advantage of the new APIs.

theres a full explanation of how multitasking is implemented, at the keynote presenation:
    Apple - QuickTime - April 2010 Apple Special Event
    04-20-10 09:27 PM
    It's more like they'll be paused and not really running in the background. :\ I'm not too sure how the multitasking is going to work. I'll find out more once 4.0 is released to the public.
    04-20-10 09:51 PM
    I'm waiting till June when the OS 4 comes out to jump ship from my BB Pearl to the iPhone 3GS. Glad to see positive comments about the new OS!
    I just don't know if I can stand to wait that long...
    04-21-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD