I have the 3gs,16gb,and in general then about it says I have 14.3 gb capacity,available because of apps ect 10.6 gb,but when I delete apps the available space says the same why is that,thanks for your help
    02-21-11 10:20 AM
    Probably because the apps you're deleting are really small and don't impact the megabyte area of the displayed measurement yet. So, if you delete something that's big enough, it should go to 10.7+ free. Your available capacity on 16GB will always be 14.xGB because of the FAT they use for storage. You lose some space due to allocation.
    02-21-11 10:40 AM
    Probably because the apps you're deleting are really small and don't impact the megabyte area of the displayed measurement yet. So, if you delete something that's big enough, it should go to 10.7+ free. Your available capacity on 16GB will always be 14.xGB because of the FAT they use for storage. You lose some space due to allocation.
    I was always under the impression that the OS took about a gigabyte. Then I realized when updating or restoring, the OS is about 600-700 MB's (depending on the OS). What is the "FAT"? I've always wanted to ask this question.
    02-21-11 11:44 AM
    File Allocation Table - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 11:53 AM
    ok thanks for the help
    02-21-11 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD