My iPhone Feels Like Its DEAD. I Read Every Forum Online. No Luck. The Computer Doesnt Recognize It, Doesnt Charge, I Put It On The Charger For 5 Hours And Nothing Happened. Cant Put It In DFU Or Recovery, And When I Plug Up To Two Different Computers Nothing HAppens!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Warranty Was Up Last Month. Is There Some Kind Of Way To Bring My iPhone Back To Life..... A Start, Run Command, A Old Version Of iTunes Or Ziphone or Something???????????????? I Dont Know What To Do I Been Trying To Put Into DFU For The Past 3HRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-09-09 07:25 AM
    Nope, but when you are at an apple store you can thank them for not making the battery accessible so you can change it yourself. My friend with an iphone asked the question at our local apple store and they told him that while they will charge you for the battery, the swap is free, even out of warranty.
    09-09-09 07:32 AM
    So The iPhone Is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-09-09 07:36 AM
    It sounds like your battery is dead. Just get your battery swapped and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:20 AM
    How much is a battery and how incovenient would it be to go to the Apple store to get a new battery put in? Is it done immediately?
    Just curious.
    09-09-09 12:10 PM
    if the battery was dead then plugging it into a power source should still give you power. You say you've tried dfu mode but have you tried holding home and power for 10-20 secs. seriously alot of people have had the phone stuck like this and held the two for a little bit then bam. if that doesn't work hold the home button then plug it into your computer. and if that doesnt work..... then respond
    09-09-09 03:31 PM
    Nope, but when you are at an apple store you can thank them for not making the battery accessible so you can change it yourself. My friend with an iphone asked the question at our local apple store and they told him that while they will charge you for the battery, the swap is free, even out of warranty.
    as stated above, even with a bad battery, once connected to a power source it shouldnt matter. ever run a laptop without a battery but plugged in? same concept. i agree with a previous poster that you should hold those buttons a little longer and see what happens. most often times putting it in dfu mode fixes it.
    09-09-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD