I'm debating going to an Iphone 3G with my upgrade I can get one got $99 so I'm really thinking about this seriously. I do have a few questions about this phone though first thing is I really like to use pictures I save to my phone as wallpapers,can this be done with the Iphone 3G? If for example is I were to save an image I found on Google,could i save it to me Iphone 3G and use it as a wallpaper?

Also are there any major differences between the Iphone 3g and the 3Gs? How is the battery life on the Iphone 3G? My brother has one and said his battery would last a full day and he was a pretty good user of it. I'm what most would consider a heavy user and was wondering how the Iphone 3G will suit me in the battery department? Is there a version of yahoo,AOL and MSN messenger that will work on Iphone 3G? Thanks for any help with this guys.
    Last edited by 1911luver; 10-10-09 at 04:30 PM.
    10-10-09 04:23 PM
    ok to answer your first question about the wp....yes you can save any image you want and use it as your wp....

the battery life is still debatable but i think with the new 3.1 update is not as bad...

and your last question about the messengers....you can buy im+ on the app store or beejiveIM and those applications will have all of those messengers and more....

i have a 3g 16gb and in my opinion the 3gs is better than the 3g just for the fact that it has a 32gb and video recorder without jb it....

but obviously a jb iphone is so much fun than a regular iphone
    10-10-09 05:13 PM
    zayragiselle will jailbreaking the Iphone 3G hurt anything will it brick the phone?
    10-10-09 05:43 PM
    zayragiselle will jailbreaking the Iphone 3G hurt anything will it brick the phone?

if you do it right no....

this is how i did my 3g

Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using redsn0w for Windows
    10-10-09 06:15 PM
    I just was in the same boat as you. I went with the 3G iPhone and have NO regrets.

When you get it, upgrade the OS to 3.1.2. gives much better battery life and some other cool shizz like MMS messaging and whatnot. Totally worth it. Do it!
    10-12-09 12:16 AM
    In addition to using photos taken by your iPhone as wallpaper, you also can use images from Google. The simplest method is to use your PC and then sync thru iTunes.

The differences between the 3G and 3GS is that the newer version has a faster processor, native video capture features with video editing a compass and up to 32 GB capacity available. I got a 16 GB 3G and am happy with it. Of course I've jailbroken and unlocked it
    10-12-09 05:24 AM
    CJB where do I get 3.1.2 OS from and pathfinder3 its mu understanding that a jail broken Iphone 3G can do video capture/playback and do picture mail is this correct? Also I feel for $100 the 8GB Iphone 3G will run me with my upgrade i really can't go wrong here.
    10-12-09 05:01 PM
    I'm debating going to an Iphone 3G with my upgrade I can get one got $99 so I'm really thinking about this seriously. I do have a few questions about this phone though first thing is I really like to use pictures I save to my phone as wallpapers,can this be done with the Iphone 3G? If for example is I were to save an image I found on Google,could i save it to me Iphone 3G and use it as a wallpaper?

Also are there any major differences between the Iphone 3g and the 3Gs? How is the battery life on the Iphone 3G? My brother has one and said his battery would last a full day and he was a pretty good user of it. I'm what most would consider a heavy user and was wondering how the Iphone 3G will suit me in the battery department? Is there a version of yahoo,AOL and MSN messenger that will work on Iphone 3G? Thanks for any help with this guys.

you can use images as wallpaper, but you wont see them in the background while your icons are on screen. you'll only see it when you slide to lock your phone.

the differences between the 3G and 3GS are pretty significant to a degree. voice control, compass, video recording, auto focus camera, faster processor, more storage. battery life is pretty good i think, but you'll probably want to recharge each night. especially when you first get the phone as you'll probably be playing with it alot.

there are mobile versions of yahoo and aol that are free and push to your phone. so its the equivalent of the app running in the background as you will be notified when a message comes in. i dont think there is one for msn thats standalone however. you would have to use something like fring, beejive, or IM+
    10-12-09 09:42 PM
    Cobra302 is there any way to get your own wallpaper on the icon screen instead of is just having a plain black background? Also do you feel that the 3GS is a huge step up from the 3G model,enough to pay the extra $100 for?
    10-12-09 10:34 PM
    no there is no way to do that without jailbreaking. if i had the money, i would def jump to the 3GS, the extra space (to me ) alone is worth it. i didnt think i would when it first came out, but as time has passed, i've seen that the 3GS has some really cool features, and i'm digging the speed increases i've seen online.
    10-13-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD