IPhone 3G Jailbreak: iPhone 3G Jailbroken

Yes... this is legit. The iPhone has been jailbroken only 5 days after its release!! I guess this can serve as the universal iPhone 3G jail-breaking thread!!

Get Crackin' and unlock that iPhone!!

*Updated : 8.11.08* : Pwnage Tool 2.0.2 is live

*Updated : 9.13.08* : New PwnageTool and QuickPwn for Firmware 2.1

*Updated : 9.23.08* : 10 Reasons to Jailbreak your iPhone!!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 09-23-08 at 11:20 AM.
    07-15-08 08:35 PM
    Does that mean you will be getting one when you are able to rock it on T-mobile?

I didn't think it would take long.
    07-15-08 08:37 PM
    I'm suprised it took them that long. Lots of smart fellas out there that want to stick it to Jobs
    07-15-08 08:37 PM
    Yeah... prob not Jayden... don't have the means or money to obtain one right now

And, I am not sure to what extent this jailbreaks the iPhone 3G. I do not know all of the details, such as unlocking for carriers or if it only unlocks the ability to load unofficial third party apps... or what. We will have to see, but I assume it unlocks it for carriers (such as TMo)
    07-15-08 08:40 PM
    ok for the noob iphone person....

wtf is jailbreaking??

i thought they did that with the first one as a means to put apps on it?? i'm confuzzled...

all this new stuff i have to learn.
    07-15-08 09:54 PM
    Jailbreaking unlocks the phone and allows for "unofficial" third party apps that are not on the iTunes app store... (such as video camera ability and things of the sort...)

This also unlocks the device and allows it to be used on other carriers... (just as you would unlock a Berry to use on some other carrier)

Hope that clears up the "confuzzion"
    07-15-08 10:06 PM

wtf is jailbreaking??

i thought they did that with the first one as a means to put apps on it?? i'm confuzzled...

Unlocking = Well... Unlocking it for use on other carriers.

Jailbreaking = Opening the phone to unofficial 3rd party apps. It also allows for installation of programs like SummerBoard to change your theme (icons and the wallpaper of your home screen(s) and Customizer which allows you to change system settings (unlock/lock sounds, task bar, SMS and Mail sounds, dialer skin, etc).
    07-16-08 12:35 AM

wtf is jailbreaking??

Jailbreaking is great! I've been doing it on my iPod Touch since I've had it. It makes using it much more enjoyable. All of the apps in the AppStore can be found on the installer app on any jailbroken phone/ipod. Best part is, it's free!

Go to youtube and search for jailbreak iphone. I guess you can also toss in 3g into the search, but I am not sure if it's out yet.
    07-17-08 10:06 AM
    I put too much money into it to void my warranty...so I avoid the jailbreaks. I like my pod the way it is anyway :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 10:57 AM
    How do you unlock it if you have to activate it in the store?

I was pissed because I couldn't get a courrier to pick mine up because of in-store activation.

I had to stand on line on i-Day.

07-17-08 01:08 PM
    According to further research, the initial post may not work (yet) for the iPhone 3G... read here : iPhone Dev Team says Pwnage Tool won't unlock iPhone 3G (for now) - Engadget
    07-19-08 11:17 AM
    According to further research, the initial post may not work (yet) for the iPhone 3G... read here : iPhone Dev Team says Pwnage Tool won't unlock iPhone 3G (for now) - Engadget
    they just dont want mr. jobs all up in their grill with a had full of lawsuits... you know they can unlock it already
    07-19-08 01:38 PM
    they just dont want mr. jobs all up in their grill with a had full of lawsuits... you know they can unlock it already
    Exactly lol
    07-19-08 04:14 PM
    Exactly lol
    hahaha

and, i got yo say the word grill on CB

very rewarding!
    07-19-08 04:16 PM
    08-11-08 01:59 PM
    And for an interesting read on some of the capabilities available on a "Jailbroken" iPhone... check out this article : IPhone 2.0 Jailbreak: iPhone 2.0 Jailbreak Apps You Can't Find in the iTunes Store

Everything from new skins, to apps, etc.

Come on iPhone users... someone do this, because the iPhone Wallpaper Thread is lame right now and it needs some new skins and themes to spice it up!
    08-11-08 03:03 PM
    Another Update for the Latest iPhone Firmware....

blog.iphone-dev.org | Happy Update Day!
    08-25-08 10:33 PM
    if i jailbreak it...can i put it back to settings LOL if need be??
    08-25-08 11:23 PM
    if i jailbreak it...can i put it back to settings LOL if need be??

Don't bother unless you fully understand it. I haven't read much on it, but there was a time where depending on your "baseband" if you jailbroke it, apple would know. Right now, I haven't really looked into all that, but read everything before doing it.
    08-26-08 10:14 AM

Don't bother unless you fully understand it. I haven't read much on it, but there was a time where depending on your "baseband" if you jailbroke it, apple would know. Right now, I haven't really looked into all that, but read everything before doing it.
    ehhh ok nevermind then. Do you think apple will ever allow themes?? thats all i relaly would want to jailbreak it for.
    08-26-08 10:18 AM
    ehhh ok nevermind then. Do you think apple will ever allow themes?? thats all i relaly would want to jailbreak it for.
    Maybe. I wouldn't jailbreak it though if it was only for themes. I would want a lot more if I were to potentially void my warrantee/have no more updates.
    08-26-08 03:56 PM
    need more articles how to unlock!
    08-26-08 06:04 PM
    cant be done yet 'on the record'
    08-26-08 08:20 PM

I don't think Apple will ever let that happen. At least not until the 3rd generation iPhone.
    08-27-08 12:29 AM
    need more articles how to unlock!
    Welcome to CB.

Here you go:

blog.iphone-dev.org | Happy Update Day!
    08-27-08 12:32 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD