I am sure there are plenty of threads, but whatever.

I played with a Iphone 3G today. I borrowed it from a coworker. She had a otterbox skin on it.

My first thoughts were how heavy and bulky the phone was. It reminded me of the old nextel phones we used to carry around in the late 90's.

I used the camera - I found that taking a picture of yourself was a pain since you had to make sure you finger was on the little square on the touch screen. The screen resolution was not good at all in the sunlight, you had to cover the phone with your hand to see the picture.

I used the address book to look up some names. It missed the letter I was trying to get every time.

The only thing I liked about it was the web browser.

I am becoming quite frustrated with the web browser on my blackberry (9700). The only one worth a flip is bolt, but it is slow as **** even on wifi.

I still just don't get the appeal of the phone.
    07-08-10 03:59 PM
    I am sure there are plenty of threads, but whatever.

I played with a Iphone 3G today. I borrowed it from a coworker. She had a otterbox skin on it.

My first thoughts were how heavy and bulky the phone was. It reminded me of the old nextel phones we used to carry around in the late 90's.
    Well if it's the otterbox I'm thinking of, it was yellow and black. That's probably why it reminded you of an old nextel walkie talkie phones.

Otterboxes are big to begin with.

If you have a 9700, or even the 9000 the iPhone should be similar in size and weight.

It's definitely not a big phone, by the majority of peoples standards.

But whatever, thats subjective.

I used the camera - I found that taking a picture of yourself was a pain since you had to make sure you finger was on the little square on the touch screen.
    This is a ligitimate gripe, it is annoying.

The screen resolution was not good at all in the sunlight, you had to cover the phone with your hand to see the picture.
    All my phones have this issue. But when you crank up the iPhones brightness, this becomes pretty much a non issue. Was your friends brightness turned under 50% if thats the case, then you have your answer. Surely the iPhone's screen doesn't get nearly as washed out as some AMOLED screens out there, thats for sure.

I used the address book to look up some names. It missed the letter I was trying to get every time.
    I call shenanigans. The iPhones touch screen is amazing.

The only thing I liked about it was the web browser. I am becoming quite frustrated with the web browser on my blackberry (9700). The only one worth a flip is bolt, but it is slow as **** even on wifi. I still just don't get the appeal of the phone.
    Thats fair, the iPhone isn't for everyone.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-08-10 at 04:12 PM.
    07-08-10 04:09 PM
    Well let me say that I am not bashing the Iphone by any means. I have become so irritated by my bold's lack of web browsing that I am considering buying a Iphone 4. I want to play around with it a bit to see if it's for me or not.
    07-08-10 04:13 PM
    Okay, no problem...
    07-08-10 04:27 PM
    Ive been an avid user of RIM products for the last 5 1/2 years, owned at least 20. I bit the bullet last Sunday and bought the iPhone 4G. I sold my 9700 a few days ago. Im not bashing Berries, the 9700 is a great device, but for me the 4G is amazing.
    07-08-10 08:56 PM
    The 3G is pretty clunky. It actually really surprises me that the 3G was the model that really put the iPhone on the map. You really should at least try the 3Gs before forming an opinion since it isn't as old and crusty. Good grief, our 3G purchased on 3G release day (lol) has become a tempermental old man!

Pilsbury, you have an iPhone 4, not a 4G. No offence, but that is one of my major pet peeves that makes me want to scream...lol...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 11:02 PM
    The 3G is pretty clunky. It actually really surprises me that the 3G was the model that really put the iPhone on the map. You really should at least try the 3Gs before forming an opinion since it isn't as old and crusty. Good grief, our 3G purchased on 3G release day (lol) has become a tempermental old man!

Pilsbury, you have an iPhone 4, not a 4G. No offence, but that is one of my major pet peeves that makes me want to scream...lol...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your avatar is a Datsun in a pretty dress.
    07-08-10 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD