10-28-09 04:58 AM
78 1234
tools
    ok i have had the 1st gen, iphone since the day it came out, i was one of those crazy people that stood in like for hours to get one. And having it over a year i still can not get used to the keyboard. Living incalifornia there is no more talking without a blue tooth while you drive and since i hate blue tooths i can only text while i drive (i know its not to safe) and not being able to feel the keys while you are driving is a pain.

No matter how you put it, physical keyboard or not, driving and text messaging very dangerous. Matter of fact, thank Apple as it's helping you drive safe
    07-25-08 08:58 AM
    apparently for everyone that is hating the fact that the iphone doesn't have copy and paste...version 2.1 is leaning towards having: cut, copy, and paste
    07-25-08 09:27 AM
    when is 2.1 comin out
    07-25-08 09:44 AM
    it was recently released for beta, so hopefully soon
    07-25-08 09:44 AM
    I believe 2.1 will be released in September (push notification.) Hopefully the TomTom turn by turn app is out. Better yet, Telenav.

2.0.1 should be out soon.
    07-25-08 09:59 AM
    Zambi is a ****ing *****.

The iPHONE is a sweet device. Very interactive and very sleek and sexy. The only reason I bought the 8120 is because I didn't have to get on a contract and I didn't have to pay that much money for stellar service. I'm completely unlimited on my Blackberry for only $90.00 a month. Guess how much that would cost me on the iPHONE? Almost twice as much.

Although I would LOVE to have the iPHONE, I'm happy with my Blackberry. I like it because it's smaller too. I don't feel comfortable carrying a ******** brick in my pocket.
    07-26-08 04:49 PM
    does anybody know if the will develop ichat for the iphone so it can be an always on chat platform insted of the web based ones or the aim that i have heard signs off when the phone goes to sleep?

if they were to fix that i would stand in line and pick one up because it is a great multimedia device.
    Exactly. The iphone is a great multimedia device, but that about all its good at. I have to admit the browser/video/mp3 interface is superior to a bb,but the iphone will never be as powerful of a device as bb. With the new thunder/storm coming out,which seems to have multimedia software that is just as nice as the iphones, the iphone is going to become an absolutely inferior product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 05:46 PM
    Exactly. The iphone is a great multimedia device, but that about all its good at. I have to admit the browser/video/mp3 interface is superior to a bb,but the iphone will never be as powerful of a device as bb. With the new thunder/storm coming out,which seems to have multimedia software that is just as nice as the iphones, the iphone is going to become an absolutely inferior product.

I'm not sure how everyone is already saying the 9500 is going to be a killer. First it will only be for Vodafone/Verizon. I understand it's AT&T only in the U.S., but more than two carriers outside the U.S. have it. No one even knows if the touch screen will be close to the iPhone's or crap like all the attempts that have failed (Vu being one of them.) Matter of fact, not much is really known. It may be the same (I believe it will) OS with the memory leaks, but with more memory to hide that flaw.

On the other end... it may just well be better. I really hope it is, honestly. Competition helps us consumers.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 07-26-08 at 06:19 PM.
    07-26-08 06:16 PM

And you know this how? Because it has a Blackberry tag on it?

Sorry, they need to completely trash the media player on the Berry and pretty much rip off Apple's interface to get close to the performance. I love my Curve, but it's a **** product media wise, hence why I reach for my iPod Touch or Classic if I want music.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 07-28-08 at 02:03 AM.
    07-27-08 04:13 PM
    3* Yahoo! does push without the $99/yr MobileMe service. With Gmail, you would have the option of fetching every 15 minutes (minimum.)
    I have my Gmail account forward to my Yahoo account and it works well. I don't have an iPhone but if you want gmail to push to an iphone and you have a Yahoo account then you're set.

My understanding is that the iPhone doesn't save any attachments.
    07-28-08 09:16 AM
    apparently for everyone that is hating the fact that the iphone doesn't have copy and paste...version 2.1 is leaning towards having: cut, copy, and paste
    Wasn't 2.0 supposed to have it too? I'll believe it when I see it.
    07-28-08 09:18 AM
    I cannot wait. Oh wait, still not getting an iPhone. More power to those who have one however.
    07-28-08 08:27 PM
    Wasn't 2.0 supposed to have it too? I'll believe it when I see it.
    Nope... it was never supposed to be added.
    07-28-08 09:15 PM
    Nope... it was never supposed to be added.
    True, just like Apple hasn't announced there would be cut & paste in 2.1. Still, there was no shortage of rumors that cut & paste would be in 2.0.

Anyway I hope it's in 2.1 but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather they added tethering though.

Edit: Actually will the Touch be getting 2.1? If not then I don't really care if the iPhone gets it then.
    07-29-08 09:32 AM
    I really liked my iPhone when I had it for 4 months. I don't want another one though. Way too many people have them around here...low a$$ price! lol. My girlfriend's mom even has one, lol. So, I knew it was time for me to move on to Blackberry. Me, my girlfriend, and my girlfriend's dad are BB users though. I remember I criticized the Curve 4 months ago, but now after given it a shot, I am addicted!!!
    07-29-08 11:39 AM
    just out of curiosity, have most of you switched to the 3g iphone and going to keep it ro are you going to switch back to the blackberry once the bold hits?

I'd like to know if this is an option since we had to sign a 2 year contract for the iphone. Does anyone know?? I think I would switch back to BB in a heartbeat. (I miss my curve)

As far as the iphone keyboard, it actually prevented me from buying the first gen iphone. Then I realized that most of the people that hated the keyboard didn't own the phone and only toyed with it like myself. Turns out I LOVE the iphone keyboard!!
    08-01-08 07:22 PM
    I have an iphone 3GS. It is far superior to my issued blackberry for apps, music, websurfing, etc. My blackberry is better for email and calendar management.
    10-15-09 12:33 PM
    I have an iphone 3GS. It is far superior to my issued blackberry for apps, music, websurfing, etc. My blackberry is better for email and calendar management.
    So.....you decided that your first post would be to a topic from over a year ago?
    10-15-09 01:57 PM
    lol its terrible best purchase u can make for 100 dollars on the cell phone market right now
    10-20-09 01:06 PM
    Nice necro.
    10-20-09 06:04 PM
    iPhone/iPod Touch can do many things that blackberry devices currently cannot do so I'm sure many people see the advantages of having one.
    10-20-09 06:28 PM
    lmao beating a dead horse.
    10-20-09 08:25 PM
    I just got my iphone 3gs 32gig 2 weeks ago it blows my storm out of the water walks all over it. Im sorry i had my storm for about a year i got so sick of pulling battery because im out of memory. Iphone best phone ever.
    10-20-09 08:47 PM
    The virtual keyboard isn't that hard to use, I find it amusing actually . I'm always bashing on the iphone . But in reality I'm just jealous.
    10-22-09 11:06 PM
    3.2 million iPhones activated in the 3rd quarter alone.. WOW, seems like many more are leaving da berries behind.
    10-23-09 08:47 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD