I still think that having a BB and an iTouch is the ultimate way to go. Use the iTouch for all the best features of Apple and the BB for all it's strongest features and you can't lose!
    07-18-08 04:30 PM
    Like Trev said... it's all about trust.

How can you show so much passion towards a phone you don't own. You've played with it and that's it? I really hope you have at least the 1st gen before going at it in the manner that you did.

07-18-08 05:21 PM
    go to an AT&T store play around with the phone or check out one of your friends, if they have one, and see for yourself..i use an iphone for personal and 8310 for company..love both phones...

...off topic, which phone would you take with you if you were going to DR? Im going to dominican republic in august and which phone should i take?
    07-18-08 09:25 PM
    ...off topic, which phone would you take with you if you were going to DR? Im going to dominican republic in august and which phone should i take?
    If both phones are the same radio technology and the same carrier, what difference would it make? None. Only question would be if the DR has GSM carriers. One thing to remember is that the iPhone could cost you more in roaming data then a BB which you could turn data off on.
    07-18-08 10:18 PM
    with the iphone, you can turn the data off on the phone as well, i was looking more into picture quality...so for the people on here who have the iphone and the bb curve...any suggestions (I know this is a blackberry website but unbiases opinions would be great, haha)
    07-18-08 11:23 PM
    just out of curiosity, have most of you switched to the 3g iphone and going to keep it ro are you going to switch back to the blackberry once the bold hits?

I'm not switching... If AT&T allows me to use an iPhone on my COU, I will have two iPhones (one person / one work)
    07-18-08 11:42 PM
    i only had a pearl and it's camera stunk. Here is a picture i took today of my baby Bella. Obv i cut off her head a lil but i was quite pleased with the outcome and quality...

07-18-08 11:46 PM
    i only had a pearl and it's camera stunk. Here is a picture i took today of my baby Bella. Obv i cut off her head a lil but i was quite pleased with the outcome and quality...

She's a beauty....and spoiled
    07-18-08 11:51 PM
    She's a beauty....and spoiled

TY!!! I got her for my 21st bday...my parents wanted me to love something other than my bf...LOL they hated him so much they bought me a puppy. She's 3 and yes she is a spoiled princess. mama loves her to death
    07-18-08 11:53 PM
    Oh... that's cute.
    07-19-08 12:09 AM
    alright, so its settled...im gonan take the iphone to the DR, everyone at work today told me to take it...cant wait to leave...
    07-19-08 12:30 AM
    Even though the iphone is not for me, I have played around with my sister n laws and I still think its a good device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    agreed and yet this battle will always go on..

like import/domestic tuners
    07-21-08 01:58 PM
    does anybody know if the will develop ichat for the iphone so it can be an always on chat platform insted of the web based ones or the aim that i have heard signs off when the phone goes to sleep?

if they were to fix that i would stand in line and pick one up because it is a great multimedia device.
    07-21-08 03:29 PM
    couple newbie questions here (b/c I've been contemplating getting an Iphone):

1. is the external speaker on the Iphone provide reasonably good volume/fidelity levels?
    2. does the device allow you to save and read pdf files?
    3. how frequently can you 'fetch' emails or can you configure 'push' email (i have all my email forwarded to a gmail acct and my Curve retrieves it from there)

Thanks.
    07-21-08 05:29 PM
    I honestly don't have a problem with the iPhone. Sure I prefer my BlackBerry, but that's my opinion... there are no facts. The iPhone has a lot of good features. My friend from college has one and when my texting plan got taken away because of abuse (totally different story ), my friend let me text on his iPhone. It was tricky at first, and I wasn't good, but after a few days I got pretty decent at it. There's actually something about being able to text fast on an iPhone that makes ya feel good lol. But you shoulda seen my buddy... he could do it while we're late walking to class and actually keep up with me! Lol, well anyways sorry for the walk down memory lane ha

But seriously the iPhone has many good features, especially Safari, and I really like their solitaire application
    07-21-08 05:39 PM
    Didn't like it on quick pass over on a friend's I-Phone but hope competition keeps RIM continuously improving

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 05:46 PM
    I honestly don't have a problem with the iPhone. Sure I prefer my BlackBerry, but that's my opinion... there are no facts. The iPhone has a lot of good features. My friend from college has one and when my texting plan got taken away because of abuse (totally different story ), my friend let me text on his iPhone. It was tricky at first, and I wasn't good, but after a few days I got pretty decent at it. There's actually something about being able to text fast on an iPhone that makes ya feel good lol. But you shoulda seen my buddy... he could do it while we're late walking to class and actually keep up with me! Lol, well anyways sorry for the walk down memory lane ha

But seriously the iPhone has many good features, especially Safari, and I really like their solitaire application
    I miss BrickBreaker! In all seriousness - the keyboard has been a non-issue for me after a week (well, I stood in line 7/11 so 10 days now). The software is really good and catches 99% of my ooops on the fly. For me, I started out with one thumb, tried to migrate to two, found out I was faster with one (and the occasional second one thrown in) and have stayed that way. Very much a la SureType, you really have to trust the software but it has worked great for me so far. I am gradually learning to look up to see what text is appearing on the screen as I go, but for now - BB Pearl method. That is, bang away typing what you want then go back when you're done and see what showed up; correct as needed. Hope it helps.
    07-21-08 09:01 PM
    Cant wait for the BOLD
    07-22-08 12:30 AM
    My co-worker has one and its a pretty cool device to mess with. Somebody loves it or they wouldn't sell a million phones over the weekend.

I'm sorry I just don't think RIM will hit those kind of numbers on just "ONE" device to the public over one weekend. They will make up their numbers from their coorporate sales.

Plus BlackBerry supporters are getting tired of not hearing anything, seeing anything media wise, any factual info from RIM and the lack of OS upgrades.
    Amen to that. I couldn't agree with you more. The sheer number of devices they sold over the first couple of days was astounding. I have never been this down on RIM before. The Bold will sell, but more on the corporate side.
    What RIM doesn't understand for some reason is that uncertainty breeds discontent. They really need to step up there game
    07-22-08 12:43 AM
    my accuracy on the keyboard was just terrible, whilest it picks up most of the incorrectly spelt words. its not perfect, it predicts other words instead.

the inability to run background tasks is another reason why im not going near the iphone.

having switched from my broken 8820 back to my dust collecting behind the lens 8310. just reminds me how i wish RIM would stop using cheap construction methods / materials in their blackberries. its leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

i so wanted to show the iphone some love. too much show and not enough go for me. maybe the next version.
    07-22-08 07:38 PM
    I do not hate the iPhone; however, it will never be my cup of tea. I am a Blackberry Bandit forever.
    07-22-08 08:47 PM
    What's an iPhone?
    07-22-08 09:28 PM
    couple newbie questions here (b/c I've been contemplating getting an Iphone):

1. is the external speaker on the Iphone provide reasonably good volume/fidelity levels?
    2. does the device allow you to save and read pdf files?
    3. how frequently can you 'fetch' emails or can you configure 'push' email (i have all my email forwarded to a gmail acct and my Curve retrieves it from there)

Thanks.
    1* Yes, definitely improved especially from the 1st gen.

2* Read PDF, not sure about saving. CrazE, chime in?

3* Yahoo! does push without the $99/yr MobileMe service. With Gmail, you would have the option of fetching every 15 minutes (minimum.)
    07-23-08 05:06 PM
    My Bro has the iPhone sometimes I look at him using his while I use my Blackberry, He has the sleek exterior where the menu flashes out at you whereas my BB has the beauty of raw talent in it's capabilities.. We both like and maybe want each others phones

The two phones are competitive as each other... In my opinion Apple always does it good and RIM have the addictive designs!
    07-24-08 10:53 PM
    ok i have had the 1st gen, iphone since the day it came out, i was one of those crazy people that stood in like for hours to get one. And having it over a year i still can not get used to the keyboard. Living incalifornia there is no more talking without a blue tooth while you drive and since i hate blue tooths i can only text while i drive (i know its not to safe) and not being able to feel the keys while you are driving is a pain.
    07-24-08 11:36 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD