I honestly don't understand whats with the big deal over this phone. Yeah it maybe a touch screen phone but have any of you guys even tried this phone before camping for days at the ATT store to attempt to get the first " iPhone 3G"?

I consider my fingers to be in small form and yet I cant seem to type a complete word without spelling something completely outter space. I have to switch the phone in order to type. This phone cost between 120 to 300 dollars and yet Apple cant seem to produce a stable phone.

If you want my opinion... DON'T waste your money! Stick with the blackberry

This phone is not text/message/email/type friendly as it's nearly impossible to TYPE without having to have a typo due to the phone.
    Last edited by Zambi; 07-17-08 at 08:39 PM.
    07-17-08 08:36 PM
    Please go away.
    07-17-08 09:28 PM
    Just because you don't personally like it, doesn't mean others won't. Please people... Quit bashing the iphone! That would be like me bashing the pearl because I prefer the curve. Its getting old....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 09:31 PM
    True... I love blackberry my homie loves the iphone... We respect eachothers choices... Cuz he'll never convert nor will I... but I aint gunna hate on it...

07-17-08 09:37 PM
    i am a former bb user and then got an iphone 1st gen, yes typing on it after typing on my bb took some getting use to but you have to understand that the phone learns how you type the more you use it, also the 1st gen iphone softwear was very very stable! in fact i found it to be more stable than my bb operating system (not knocking bb's, i still hold a place in my heart for them) and yea the 2.0 softwear on the new 3g's have some bugs (nothing major) but thats part of the game! thats why here is updates! sorry you didnt like it but honestly, i love it!
    07-17-08 10:34 PM
    Even though the iphone is not for me, I have played around with my sister n laws and I still think its a good device.

07-17-08 10:38 PM
    If you guys can answer my question I would be happy and satisfied.

Just how can you guys manage to type with an Iphone? I was at the ATT store couple of days ago trying out the Iphone and couldn't even type one single word without having a major typos. I tried typing in German and it gave me gmmt or something similar to it.

jenaywins,

I'm not bashing the Iphone, Just being realistic.
    07-17-08 10:39 PM
    I honestly don't understand whats with the big deal over this phone. Yeah it maybe a touch screen phone but have any of you guys even tried this phone before camping for days at the ATT store to attempt to get the first " iPhone 3G"?

I consider my fingers to be in small form and yet I cant seem to type a complete word without spelling something completely outter space. I have to switch the phone in order to type. This phone cost between 120 to 300 dollars and yet Apple cant seem to produce a stable phone.

This phone is not text/message/email/type friendly as it's nearly impossible to TYPE without having to have a typo due to the phone.
    In this post, I thought from your words that you have an iPhone.

Just how can you guys manage to type with an Iphone? I was at the ATT store couple of days ago trying out the Iphone and couldn't even type one single word without having a major typos. I tried typing in German and it gave me gmmt or something similar to it.

jenaywins,

But then in this one, your only experience is playing with one at the AT&T store. I'm sorry, but a few minutes playing with them in the store or even a friends, is not going to be enough time to really get your teeth into the keyboard.

Granted the touch screen can be a little daunting, but its not the end of the world. As BreakNeck said, the keyboard learns YOU, not you learning it.

Personally, I dont believe you have one so I dont understand what your purpose of tearing it apart is for. If the iPhone is that distressing to you, get yourself a Moto flip.
    07-17-08 10:49 PM
    My co-worker has one and its a pretty cool device to mess with. Somebody loves it or they wouldn't sell a million phones over the weekend.

I'm sorry I just don't think RIM will hit those kind of numbers on just "ONE" device to the public over one weekend. They will make up their numbers from their coorporate sales.

Plus BlackBerry supporters are getting tired of not hearing anything, seeing anything media wise, any factual info from RIM and the lack of OS upgrades.
    07-17-08 10:52 PM
    Zambi is only expressing his/her take on the iPhone. Everyone here has likes and dislikes. Give him/her a break.
    07-17-08 10:53 PM
    I have an 8310 and also a 1st gen iphone (cant get the 3g one bc of company policy) I hated the iphone for some time now but after giving it a try its really not a bad device. Yes typing on it can be frustrating but that's on any device. MMS, Copy and Paste, etc are all good features and make our lives easier as pda users but considering the iphone has a full browser and hundreds of apps at your disposal makes it compensate for the lack of those key features...

I know this is a blackberry forum and I love the blackberry, but just because the phone seems complicated or typing sucks because you've tried it for a few minutes doesn't make it a horrible phone...people don't want a blackberry because they think its complicated, they just need to give it a try before judging...

Just my 2 cents
    07-17-08 10:59 PM
    also, Zambi it's nothing against you im just pointing out that people are quick to judge with anything these days...

...and also forgot to mention the push email that makes having email on your phone 20 times better than waiting 15 minutes to update
    07-17-08 11:00 PM
    (cant get the 3g one bc of company policy)
    OK, I have to ask. What specifically in a company policy allows you to have a 1st gen, but not the new iPhone? Add firmware 2.0 to the old iPhone and they are practically the same with the exception of 3g and GPS. Am I missing something here? I'm currious.
    07-17-08 11:03 PM
    because i work for AT&T, employees are not allowed to get them due to the high demand. I have a 1st gen with the 2.0 software
    07-17-08 11:04 PM
    because i work for AT&T, employees are not allowed to get them due to the high demand. I have a 1st gen with the 2.0 software
    lol, now that's crazy. Woosh, didn't see that one coming. I was thinking of more complex reasons. I don't really think they can make a "company policy" on what you can and can't buy... that's like corporate BS. I'd be like WTF?... charge, thanks.
    07-17-08 11:08 PM
    well the 3g iphone has a much bigger attraction to it, this phone has been sold out since sat and apple stores are starting to deplete their stock, which could have been greater than 2000 phones per location....so i understand where they're coming from, its just frustrating.
    07-17-08 11:10 PM
    i guess the OP wont be getting the berry touchscreen either lol!!

Touch screen keyboard isnt for everyone. I had a hard time typing on it whe i got my IPod Touch, after a few times i got the hang of it, so having the iphone was a natural progression. I felt like typing on my old pearl was much harder than typing on the iphone!
    07-17-08 11:38 PM
    I got big hands so I thought I'd have a problem typing. After a week now I must admit it's not too bad at all. The keys I did mess up on was corrected by the spell checker,whatever it's called. The one thing I'd like to see tho is a landscape qwerty mode by rotating, much like the calculator function.
    07-18-08 12:45 AM

jenaywins,

First couple of days it was taking a lot getting used to but now I seem to fly just as fast if not faster than typing on my BB Curve. Remember the first time you touched a BB? It was sooo confusing to me.... but now everyone comes to me for questions...lol
    07-18-08 01:45 AM
    I am willing to bet I can hit 60wpm on a good day with my iPhone. 40-50 on an average day.

I am far, far faster on the iPhone than I ever was on a physical keyboard. Trusting the auto-complete and learning to look at the keys instead of the text field goes a long, long way. On that same note, not having to physically depress a key keeps your fingers moving faster, and once you get good at it, it's like your fingers just float and fly...

I can respect a person not liking the keyboard, because it can be a challenge to get good, but you still could have approached the topic in a better fashion...
    07-18-08 11:05 AM
    just out of curiosity, have most of you switched to the 3g iphone and going to keep it ro are you going to switch back to the blackberry once the bold hits?
    07-18-08 11:35 AM
    just out of curiosity, have most of you switched to the 3g iphone and going to keep it ro are you going to switch back to the blackberry once the bold hits?
    nope, never!!
    07-18-08 12:53 PM

I don't have an opinion about the iphone one way or the other. So, it matters not to me and I have no reason to bash it. Even with small hands you are guilty of "fat-fingering" the key board by touching multiple letters at the intersection point(s) - causing errors. So, it's not just for those with big hands. Get a stylus and become accurate. lol.
    07-18-08 01:11 PM
    I absolutely love my curve......and I absolutely love my iphone 3G. I know and understand the pros and cons of both and did my research before buying both phones, hey i went from the original iphone to the curve. so when i heard about the iphone 3g I reactivated my original iphone on my acount to get the discounted price. Now I use both the curve and iphone 3G. and when the bold is released i will be getting that and when the thunder is released for AT&T i will get that and when the ......u get the point.
    07-18-08 02:37 PM
    The iPhone keyboard is sometimes tricky to type on. But, the autocorrection is great. Give it a few days like I did and you will most likely have no problem typing on it.

If you just type what you want and stop looking at what is showing up as you type, I have found that most of he time the iPhone puts in what you want.
    07-18-08 03:19 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD