I have T-mobile. The I phone I have is a 2.30.03. Shoudl it be updated to the 3.0 befor unlocking and jailbreaking. I want the mms program. Also I do love my BB so can I do all with the iphone as the bb. Memo calander and such?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 09:11 PM
    You cannot unlock the 3G on the 2.30 baseband, only a rebel sim will work, yellowsn0w will not.
    As far as 3.0 goes, stay away from it. From my speculations you are not a Dev and obviously don't know much about how the software works. You can't down grade to 2.2 and unlock because the 2.2.1 changes the baseband for good. Buy an unlock sim.

MMS will work using SwirlyMMS, you need MMS on your plan to use it. Download it via Cydia, and you'll be good to go.
    04-06-09 12:33 AM
    You can downgrade back to 2.2.1, I've done it.

You basically have to re-download the 2.2.1 install and when you click the "Restore" button, hold the shift key down and it'll allow you to point to the specific file, but I dont believe it'll keep it unlocked. It keeps the updated baseband but the OS is 2.2.1 (you'll need to Quickpwn it immediately after)

Since you're unlocked, leave it be.
    Last edited by sniffs; 04-06-09 at 10:26 AM.
    04-06-09 10:24 AM
    So then if I unlock the 3g it won't work on the T-mobile? Or it will but I can't upgrade it. Yes you are correct, I'm not very knowledgeable on this sorry

You cannot unlock the 3G on the 2.30 baseband, only a rebel sim will work, yellowsn0w will not.
    As far as 3.0 goes, stay away from it. From my speculations you are not a Dev and obviously don't know much about how the software works. You can't down grade to 2.2 and unlock because the 2.2.1 changes the baseband for good. Buy an unlock sim.

MMS will work using SwirlyMMS, you need MMS on your plan to use it. Download it via Cydia, and you'll be good to go.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 11:08 AM
    T-mobile's 3G band is on a different frequency than ATT and you wont ever get 3G, it'll be 2G.
    04-06-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD