Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-15-10 08:58 PM
33 12
tools
    Recently just purchased the iphone 3g and jailbroke it for us on a local carrier. Loving the iphone! and the plan Im on. Only downside to this is I don't have 3g speeds, only able to use edge network which is fine with me, its not bad speed just alittle longer to load. Well my friend is wanting to trade for my iphone for his nexus one. Ill have to pay him $100 plus the 3g 16gb iphone.
    He doesn't really care for his nexus one, I've done some searching to find out that the carrier I use supports 3g on this phone. The price of my plan will remain the same as well, just changing phones with the sim card. Not sure what I should do, reviews of the nexus one are good, plus 3g coverage.....

iphone: I enjoy it, and easy to use. edge is okay
    cons: jailbroken....upgrading on itunes by accident could happen, edge net work is just okay not 3g speed but itll get the job done.

Nexus one: dont mind the droid, good reviews, screen excellent, 3g speeds, no jailbreaking! no worries
    cons: havent really played with it much, tested the hero & eris liked both of them though, not familiar with android market is it the same apps and all?

Suggestions are needed...
    02-05-10 03:07 PM
    thats a toughie. nexus one has some really good stuff under the hood. i'm not sure i'd give him 100 bucks plus the iphone for it though. maybe 50.
    02-05-10 03:51 PM
    Yeah Im puzzled on what to do. Both phones are flawless. 3g or edge? Is somewhat of a factor for me.
    Love the iPhone, don't mind being jailbroken, customization is really nice. Worry of updating and not being able
    to rejailbreak for awhile sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 04:07 PM
    I agree with Cobra, 100 plus the iPhone is too much to pay for a nexus one. If you really want it though see if he would do fifty like Cobra said. The Nexus One has some really great hardware and is much faster then the iPhone plus it has that awesome screen.
    02-05-10 05:39 PM
    Yes i agree 100 is too much, hardware and screen are nice. 3g or edge network on cincybell
    geez I'm going to have to think about it. Like my plan at 45 monthly for 500 min plus unlimited
    text n data

02-05-10 05:44 PM
    I agree with everyone else $100 is to much offer $25 and work it up to $50
    02-06-10 08:15 AM
    Im going to pass on it for now, told him either $50 or nothing.... Iphone works perfectly fine for me, and using edge network I have no complaints. If I did the nexus one I would get 3g coverage but its not a big deal, wifi is always an option. Battery life on the iphone is OKAY, not the best but I usually charge nightly.

Thanks
    02-06-10 05:59 PM
    If you have the iPhone 3G, then you should get 3G data speeds on the phone. Cincy Bell uses the same frequencies as ATT...
    02-07-10 01:20 AM
    Pretty sure 3g doesnt work on cincybell. Unless I need to put the network information in, when I switch to 3g settings I have no service. When switched back to edge its fine.
    02-07-10 10:42 AM
    I was under the impression that the Nexus 1 would not work on at&t for 3g data?
    02-07-10 12:02 PM
    It wont.

The ONLY carrier youll get 3G on a Nexus One right now is Tmobile. they are the only ones who use 1700mhz for 3G.

The iphone will work on Cinci Bell, it uses 1900 for 3G just like ATT and ATT/Cingular once owned 20% of Cinci Bell
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-07-10 at 01:38 PM.
    02-07-10 01:35 PM
    nexus one 3g does work on cincybell.... howardforums, came across that site
    02-07-10 02:21 PM
    good thing u didnt do the trade huh
    02-11-10 01:49 PM
    Yeah I'm happy the iPhone but wouldn't mind 3g

02-11-10 03:28 PM
    Yeah I'm happy the iPhone but wouldn't mind 3g

Just wondering, is there a reason that you do not want to go with ATT service? IMHO if they have good 3G in your area you might want to think about using them if 3G is a big deal to you.
    02-11-10 08:47 PM
    yeah I guess there is now that I think about it, fiance is on cincybell and majority of my calls are to her, so free mobile to mobile is nice. Had verizon and kept going over on minutes or had to hold off using the phone. Money isnt too much of an issue, just saving around $20-40/month.... have discounts with both.
    cincybell 500 min unlimited text & data $45/month..no contract
    att... think it was 450 min, data, 250 text at $65 ...unlimited at 80 not sure

I can get by on edge, most places I goto have wifi but 3g would be nice
    02-12-10 07:06 AM
    Don't do it.. the Nexus One has been having a plethora of 3G reception problems and the like. Google did an OTA update but apparently it did not correct the problem.
    02-12-10 08:07 AM
    $100 is way too much. I wouldn't give him a dime for that phone. Maybe a straight trade but no way you should be giving him any money plus ur iphone 3g. Check out prices on craigslist man. If anything he should be giving you a couple bucks plus the nexus one.
    02-13-10 01:52 PM
    I wouldn't go with the N1 right now. It is an excellent device but like Entertainment72 said, it is having a lot of 3G issues. I believe there is an article over on Engadget that talks about how someone is able to make the N1 drop from 3G to EDGE by placing his hand on a certain spot of the device. If that is true then the device has hardware problems. He can replicate it every time too.

EDIT- found the links
    Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem? - Engadget
    Nexus One 3G issues persist, hardware related? Boy Genius Report

Posted from my Droid at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 02:11 PM
    CBW uses 1700/2100, same as T-mobile. This is the reason the N1 would work and the iPhone does not for 3G service.

Like one person stated, I would be expecting cash in return for my iPhone. The iPhone, regardless of 3G/3Gs, IMO, is worth more than the N1.
    02-13-10 08:18 PM
    the nexus one doesn't work on att 3g network, only on tmobile's
    02-14-10 10:43 PM
    Would also work on cincybell

02-15-10 12:45 PM
    i was thinkin about getting the nexus 1.my batt on my iphone 3g is ridicolous. Im doing the same thing everyday and sometimes it would last 2 days and sometimes less then a day. any solutions guys?
    02-15-10 01:41 PM
    Nah, the battery life just sucks really. Its great if you dont do anything but check a few emails and a few calls during the day, some days I can finish up with over 60% left. But once you actually start using the apps and Safari (what its really good at) it drains fast and wont last you the day.

If I could name just one thing to fix on the iphone, ahead of better notifications and multitasking itd be put a bigger battery in it. I dont care if it makes the phone 1mm thicker if they could cram an 1800mah battery in there instead of 1150.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-15-10 at 01:48 PM.
    02-15-10 01:46 PM
    A jailbroken 32GB iPhone 3Gs goes for well over 700 dollars.

Keyword Jailbroken. Factor in that it's unlocked and it may be worth more.

(Condition permitting)

The Nexus One comes unlocked at no more than 580.

The N1 is pretty good, but the iPhone IMO is worth more.
    02-15-10 01:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD