My son will be turning 13 soon and asked for an ipod touch. He's never owned and "I" anything before and with the current rate on at+t for the 3g ($49) I'm tempted to purchase that for him instead. Since Verizon will be selling the 4 soon, I'm also wondering if the price will come down on at+t for competitive reasons. Is there a major difference between the 3g and 4? He only wants it for the apps (mostly games he's seen his friends play with on their touches). What are your thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:02 AM
    My son will be turning 13 soon and asked for an ipod touch. He's never owned and "I" anything before and with the current rate on at+t for the 3g ($49) I'm tempted to purchase that for him instead. Since Verizon will be selling the 4 soon, I'm also wondering if the price will come down on at+t for competitive reasons. Is there a major difference between the 3g and 4? He only wants it for the apps (mostly games he's seen his friends play with on their touches). What are your thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Major differences. Even between the 3G and the 3GS. And the 4 is a lot different.

Why don't you read a review?
    iPhone 4 review -- Engadget

If he wants only playing around on it, it's pointless to buy a phone for him. Get an Ipod Touch 2, which features all the high retina display and operating system of an Iphone 4, but it's not a phone.

Apple iPod Touch Review (second generation, 16GB) - Portable Video Players (PVPs) - CNET Reviews
    Last edited by Shodan775; 01-27-11 at 11:35 AM.
    01-27-11 11:32 AM
    There are a lot of places that don't have 4G coverage, at this point. I'm sure that will change, but make sure you check 4G coverage maps.
    01-28-11 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD