I am thinking of buying a used iPhone to have on the side when I don't feel like using my BB. Most used 3G's I see are around $300 while the 3GS's run around $500+. Is the extra $200 really worth it? (I know the differences between the two, I'm just asking would they account for the almost double price difference?) And is it a little late in the game to get a 3G or is it still high up there in ranking?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 01:48 AM
    I had the same debate when I got my 3GS last week. Should I buy the S and is it worth the extra hundred bucks? For me it was because it is faster. If I'm going to have this phone fo two years and won't get the newest iPhone this summer than I want the best phone now. Now in your case it all depends if time is worth the extra money. It loads up to two times faster. You decide. I think it is worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:34 PM
    Hey the 3gs is faster by a mile, but the 3g works just fine for me. Unlike my wife I don't use a whole lot of apps. So if ur app hungry buy the 3gs. It tends not to lag when u play too much!
    12-21-09 06:45 AM
    ATT is having a refurb sell, but you still have to have a contract...
    12-21-09 10:00 AM
    ATT is having a refurb sell, but you still have to have a contract...
    If I were eligible for an upgrade this would not even be a question, but I just upgraded to the Bold in October so I would still have to pay $350 for a refurb 3GS.

But thanks for all your help, I decided on the 3G. It is Christmas, and I do need that extra $200...
    12-21-09 10:06 AM
    If you never used the 3GS then the 3G will suit you just fine. You wouldn't know the speed difference. But if you used them both side by side you'd know which one to get. It's like going from a V6 to a 4-cyl. Both will get you where you want to go, but one will be a lot more smooth.
    12-21-09 11:50 AM
    In my opinion I think the 3GS is the way to go. I used both 3G and 3GS and the latter seems to be faster.
    12-22-09 05:24 AM
    I have used them both, and I own the 3G. Since I know the 3GS exists and is faster, sometimes I feel like my 3G runs pretty slow, but it's all good. I love my 3G. If I didn't know in the back of my head that there was something faster, I probably wouldn't have noticed.
    12-22-09 09:07 AM
    when you are running games and apps you will notice a huge difference in speed. if your going to be doing that heavily and your impatient. I would suggest the 3gs for you.
    12-22-09 01:03 PM
    Okay I have had my 3gs for about a week now and I can honesty say that it is the best phone I have ever used. If you can spare the extra coin I would go for the 3gs
    12-22-09 01:07 PM
    i went withthe 3G the day the 3GS came out, a few months later, i sold the 3G and went to a 3GS. the difference is pretty big. speed, is a big one!
    12-22-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD