I am still a newbie to the iPhone and have a couple questions. First, let's say I am using the Internet and I get a text message notice in the middle of it and I click on reply, is ther a way of going back to the browser where I was without going back to the home screen and clicking on the browser icon again. Second question, is there some sort of shortcut to capatalize a word without it being the first word after a period?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 02:25 PM
    On the 3G S, and I think the 3G, when you press HOME, then Safari, it will take you back to the page you were on. Failing that, when in Safari, press the icon in the bottom right corner, that will give you all the open browser pages you have...

Second question: not that I know of. But, press and HOLD the shift key, then slide to the letter you want in caps, then release. It will cap said letter, and then you can continue typing the remaining characters...
    08-11-09 02:29 PM
    You can set up caps lock so if you push the shift key twice, it will capitalize all letters until you push the shift key again.

As far as the browser goes, it will return you to where you left off unless you close the window by using the red X in the upper left corner.
    08-11-09 06:41 PM
    I am still a newbie to the iPhone and have a couple questions. First, let's say I am using the Internet and I get a text message notice in the middle of it and I click on reply, is ther a way of going back to the browser where I was without going back to the home screen and clicking on the browser icon again. Second question, is there some sort of shortcut to capatalize a word without it being the first word after a period?

No, there's no way to go from an app (like messages) straight back to Safari. You'll have to click the Safari icon again. It will, however, as others have noted, pick up right where you left off.

only way to capitalize an letter is to push or hold the shift button (arrow pointing up).
    08-11-09 09:19 PM
    Just to be clear on capitalization, go into Settings > General > Keyboard and chose Auto-Capitalization. When you're using any keyboard, pres the caps key twice and it will turn blue. All letters will be in caps until you press the caps lock key again.

Last edited by jdk2; 08-12-09 at 11:13 AM.
    08-12-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD