RIM's Network Operations Center? You mean how it routes traffic? I also happen to work for a infrastructure team.. if you really want to get technical, I'll bust out Visio and show you a flow chart and make you look like a fool.

Good luck with your iPhone's Cisco VPN client.. You need a concentrator for it to work. No VPN Concentrator = No iPhone VPN connectivity..
    Ya like any cisco router, LOL, you do not even have to pay for client licenses for the IPSEC client.
    06-24-09 05:03 PM
    I run a 2 Blackberry Enterprise Servers bro.. don't even start.

MDS = Mobile Data Service. There's 2 MDS services running on a BES, the Integration service and the Connection service. The fact of the matter is on a BES you are running on a AES 256 BIT encrypted "tunnel" which acts as a VPN. The BES is basically a proxy for all traffic to/from the device.

Let me rephrase this. WHILE ON A BES, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED A VPN CLIENT. AT ALL.
    My bad, I forgot about that crappy MDS service that makes any applications not specifically written for Blackberries not work. Ya, that sucks, having a real VPN client/concentrator is a lot better.
    06-24-09 05:09 PM
    Mods. I have removed my previous post noticing that this thread is both pointless and been let go to long. I have sent one report I will send another since someone did nothign last time. funny how if anyone other than rccollins or a few others argue, their posts are deleted but this thread is 5.5 pages of waste

this thread should at least be moved to an area where the posts dont count as it is nothing more than a couple of kids bickering.
    06-24-09 05:43 PM
    Enough already.
    06-24-09 05:52 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD