RIM actually used to make all sorts of things, not just pagers/handhelds/phones. They used to make scanners and other P.O.S. (point of sale) devices. BB the name came out in 1999 as a 2way pager. from then to early 2000's was a device called RIM 950 and 957 that ran Goodlink. After that, THEN came the Blackberry handhelds.

iPhone OS is not 8 years old. the iPod OS prior to the touch is a completely different OS than what we have now.. And what "issues" does it have? It doesn't crash, it doesnt slow down, it doesn't cause frustration. <- Blackberrys have all 3 of those.

If you want to compare it this way, since 2002 the Blackberry OS has barely changed from what it is today.. All RIM seems to do is fix issues while creating more.. hardly ever adding any new FEATURES.
    Even if that was all true, which its not... Apple has been making computers for the past 30 years. lololol Thanks for proving my point!!!
    06-24-09 01:00 PM
    Even if that was all true, which its not... Apple has been making computers for the past 30 years. lololol Thanks for proving my point!!!
    Lol? What do you mean "which its not" ? It's ALL true buddy. I used to have a RIM 957 and it ran GOODLINK. It connected to a GOODLINK server, not a BES.

Look it up.
    06-24-09 01:12 PM
    How's your slow Storm working out?
    Great love the fact that I can still MMS over my slow storm and it actually gets signals in rural areas. Like for instance, live in columbus went to a friends house in I, My Iphone became a Ipod.
    Signals in rural areas? I'm in Irvine, CA and I have 2 bars on my Storm.

How's your craptacular HTML email?
    Answer: HTML email works sweet... And it actually comes to an Intergrated screen along, with my Texts, Yahoo messenger, Blackberry Messenger, and Call logs... O, and its timestamped with a push. Sweeeeet love that
    iPhone HTML blows Storm HTML outta the water. No contest.

Hows that HORRIBLE landscape KB?
    Love the Keyboard, it now has a horrible Portrait full qwerty too. And guess what I actually make a lot less mistakes with sure press, cause I don’t have the fingers of a hobbit and hate typing with my nails. So that extra push is well worth it
    Gotta love lifting off the screen before you can press down the next letter = SLOW typing. I can complete a paragraph in the time you put down 1 sentence.

How’s your memory?
    Great!!! it’s also expandable with out buying a new device.
    Who needs Expandable memory when you have up to 32GIGS? And your expandable memory is for what..MEDIA only!

How’s your ability to keep it up for more than a few days without requiring a reboot?
    Man... Spectacular, but when I do reboot. The same apps won’t crash the device. And I can setup schedule to reboot while I sleep. Good pleasant dreams to.
    Gotta love those 5 minute reboots............

How’s Appworld working out for you?
    It’s super awesome, but you know what else I like. I can download third party apps from anywhere. Not just Itunes.

Thank you Crackberryappworld.com,

Jail break anyone????
    It's called Cydia, look it up.

Hows your very low color gradient because the device is too slow?
    Its super awesome, especially when I preview pics to message to My Friends who don’t have IPhones
    I also love sub-par tech........

Tell me something,
    Question how long does it take me to swap a Battery on my Iphone Answer 2months....
    Drop your phone much? you drop your phone = battery falls out = 5 minutes of your life lost. I drop my phone? I pick it up and continue my conversation. kthxbye.

O wow great productivy

Another question: Can you take a picture with your camera outside at night????? That no flash option waaaaaaaaaaayyy to go!!! O yeah IPHONE dont move to fast, because the camera will not keep up. Yeah no movings shots. Got to love it No app for that yet

And last but not least,

Why is it call Jail Breaking if it the Iphone is So “Free?”
    *sigh*
    06-24-09 01:20 PM
    How about we get real simple..

Dont need a VPN..

Because the BES

Also BB's are rated top in Security Data Encryption. Iphone not!!! Which is why no corporation support the roll out of IPHONE's to any secured or bonded employee's
    Do have a link for the "rated top in Security Data Encryption" award? I think you are making that up.

Also have you ever used the WLAN functionality in BES, it is not much more than a WAP proxy, extremely unimpressive compared to the iPhones IPSEC Cisco client, I would think that that would win the top in Security Data Encryption award.
    06-24-09 01:40 PM
    Do have a link for the "rated top in Security Data Encryption" award? I think you are making that up.

Also have you ever used the WLAN functionality in BES, it is not much more than a WAP proxy, extremely unimpressive compared to the iPhones IPSEC Cisco client, I would think that that would win the top in Security Data Encryption award.

Here you go dude... Good read Enjoy
    RESEARCH REPORT: Successful mobile deployments require robust security
    06-24-09 01:56 PM
    "Dont need a VPN..

Because the BES "

yea... ok.

anyways, i really hope that storm will get better for you guys,
    06-24-09 01:59 PM
    So I was right, you are making it up and you have never used WLAN.
    06-24-09 02:01 PM
    Plus where is the RIM NOC in your diagram for the Blackberry model, no stencil for "la la land"? I see you identified one of the problems in the write up and downplayed it. I prefer cutting la la land out of the equation.
    06-24-09 02:08 PM
    Signals in rural areas? I'm in Irvine, CA and I have 2 bars on my Storm.

iPhone HTML blows Storm HTML outta the water. No contest.

Gotta love lifting off the screen before you can press down the next letter = SLOW typing. I can complete a paragraph in the time you put down 1 sentence.

Who needs Expandable memory when you have up to 32GIGS? And your expandable memory is for what..MEDIA only!

Gotta love those 5 minute reboots............

It's called Cydia, look it up.

I also love sub-par tech........

Drop your phone much? you drop your phone = battery falls out = 5 minutes of your life lost. I drop my phone? I pick it up and continue my conversation. kthxbye.

*sigh*

Ok Sniffs , I Can Digg it... First let me say thanks!!! Finally a solid answer Just the facts and no Spectulation.

Cydia Cannot be used on a standard unbroken Iphone...

2. Five minute reboots.
    Got me there, Iphone is a minimum 2.5 minutes

3. Typing for me is quick, cause I came from a traditional qwerty Keyboard. But I will admit not as fast as it was for me on the Iphone. But even on the Iphone I cant press two buttons at once.

4. Media: What is the Iphone for but Media: And Guess what I can Carry Unlimited Memory with me... I can do this cause I can swap the Chips

5.Dropped berry
    No I dont drop my BB much. Have a wrap case on it in case I do. Hey every have a wrecked battery. I can swap with a spare. Iphone 40 minute trip to the apple store

6. HTML: Got me here again. Way better on The Iphone
    Still not intergration....

7. Pictures to Friends: You love subpar tech thanks for agreeing with me!!!

8. No answer to the camera speed or the Jailbreak, Does your silence equal consent???
    06-24-09 02:08 PM
    Making computers has nothing to do with making a phone. The only point that you are proving is that you are an ignorant tool. Take your clicktastic POS Storm somewhere else. You trying to knock the iPhone down, when sales and consumer satisfaction constantly prove that the iPhone is better and more satisfying. And it's not because it has games, it's because the device runs smoother, doesn't need constant beta updates and is extremely easy to navigate.

Now it's pretty easy to tell that you are a RIM fanboy. All you keep doing is boasting about how good the BB is. Yes the BB is great. There is no denying it, but you are beating a dead horse here. Then you claim to say the iPhone is a great device also, but then bash it in every other post. Make up your ******* mind.
    06-24-09 02:23 PM
    Making computers has nothing to do with making a phone. The only point that you are proving is that you are an ignorant tool. Take your clicktastic POS Storm somewhere else. You trying to knock the iPhone down, when sales and consumer satisfaction constantly prove that the iPhone is better and more satisfying. And it's not because it has games, it's because the device runs smoother, doesn't need constant beta updates and is extremely easy to navigate.

Now it's pretty easy to tell that you are a RIM fanboy. All you keep doing is boasting about how good the BB is. Yes the BB is great. There is no denying it, but you are beating a dead horse here. Then you claim to say the iPhone is a great device also, but then bash it in every other post. Make up your ******* mind.
    It is the fanboi mentality, facts, rational thinking, and logic are meaningless. RIM puts an LED next to the Storm's camera and the fanboi eats it up, "THE STORM OWNZ KUZ HAS A FLASH AND THE IPHONE DONT" who cares if it doesn't work at all.
    06-24-09 02:31 PM

Ooo wow, another tough talker on the internet lolol... Thanks for being a BrickHead
    06-24-09 02:32 PM
    Ooo wow, another tough talker on the internet lolol... Thanks for being a BrickHead
    Lol tough talker? Are you trying to call me an e-thug? There was no "tough talking" there buddy. You just don't know what you're talking about.
    06-24-09 02:34 PM
    It is the fanboi mentality, facts, rational thinking, and logic are meaningless. RIM puts an LED next to the Storm's camera and the fanboi eats it up, "THE STORM OWNZ KUZ HAS A FLASH AND THE IPHONE DONT" who cares if it doesn't work at all.
    tsk tsk tsk RC cant make a point on your own so you jump on someone elses. Now who's the Fan Boy???
    06-24-09 02:36 PM
    The reason you dont need VPN on the Blackberry is because on a BES you are creating a AES256 bit encrypted tunnel via MDS Connection service.. you are behind the firewall at that point.. there's no need for a VPN client.

iPhone's use SSL encryption.. not as good as AES but still enough to have Windows Mobile using it.. iPhone = using Activesync, just like WinMo.

There are vastly more windows mobile devices in the wild than Blackberrys and they seem to be doing fine with SSL.
    06-24-09 02:52 PM
    Lol tough talker? Are you trying to call me an e-thug? There was no "tough talking" there buddy. You just don't know what you're talking about.
    Actually I do! This has been reiterated time and time aging� But,
    You, silly person, rather than state facts with your argument like �Sniffs� you chose "Make up your Frickin mind"...

Well, How about I don�t, what now. You going to cyber punch me??? Silly Silly Man... Took a halfway decent discussion and took it to the sewer... Thanks!

By the way only the unarticulated have to revert to colloquialisms to make a point.

And I�m done
    06-24-09 02:53 PM
    The reason you dont need VPN on the Blackberry is because on a BES you are creating a AES256 bit encrypted tunnel via MDS Connection service.. you are behind the firewall at that point.. there's no need for a VPN client.

iPhone's use SSL encryption.. not as good as AES but still enough to have Windows Mobile using it.. iPhone = using Activesync, just like WinMo.

There are vastly more windows mobile devices in the wild than Blackberrys and they seem to be doing fine with SSL.

Ok Sniffs, Check Mate and King. You got it!!! Thanks for the dialogue. I appreciate you taking the time to reply with well thought out answers.

However� Due to the fact that some are more interested in name calling and Colloquialisms, I must exit stage Left!!! Have a Super day
    06-24-09 02:59 PM
    Actually I do! This has been reiterated time and time aging… But,
    You, silly person, rather than state facts with your argument like “Sniffs” you chose "Make up your Frickin mind"...

Well, How about I don’t, what now. You going to cyber punch me??? Silly Silly Man... Took a halfway decent discussion and took it to the sewer... Thanks!

By the way only the unarticulated have to revert to colloquialisms to make a point.

And I’m done
    Internet punch? Silly man? You really have to be 5. Yes make up your mind because you contradict yourself every time you say the iPhone is great, and then proceed to bash it. And no, you don't know what you're talking about, because people in this thread have proven you wrong multiple times. "iPhone doesn't have SMS", you claim to own the phone and say it doesn't have SMS. The icon before 3.0 said SMS on it.

I did state facts. The iPhone OS is smoother, it is extremely easy to navigate, and it does not need constant beta updates to make it work the way it's suppose to. Did you miss that part too? What about the part where the iPhone is rated higher, and has higher customer satisfaction?

I'm unarticulate? I think my speaking is pretty clear, thank you very much. I'm not the one that puts loloolololololool lolol ol lol lo llol after every sentence.

And if you think this is a sewer, you haven't seen any heated threads on this forum.
    06-24-09 03:26 PM
    What about RIM's NOC, a key piece of the puzzle, any idea what is going on there? I didn't think so.

What about the iPhones IPSEC client, did you forget about that?
    06-24-09 03:56 PM
    I have MMS
    06-24-09 03:59 PM
    The reason you dont need VPN on the Blackberry is because on a BES you are creating a AES256 bit encrypted tunnel via MDS .

Looks like we have a security expert here. I have never heard of a tunnel encrypted with "MDS" LOL

GET A CLUE!

Just to fill you in, you need a VPN client because BES's WLAN is crap, but I am sure you have no idea what I am talking about.
    06-24-09 04:01 PM
    Hahahaha All good points...

How's your slow Storm working out?
    Great love the fact that I can still MMS over my slow storm and it actually gets signals in rural areas. Like for instance, live in columbus went to a friends house in I, My Iphone became a Ipod.

How's your craptacular HTML email?
    Answer: HTML email works sweet... And it actually comes to an Intergrated screen along, with my Texts, Yahoo messenger, Blackberry Messenger, and Call logs... O, and its timestamped with a push. Sweeeeet love that

Hows that HORRIBLE landscape KB?
    Love the Keyboard, it now has a horrible Portrait full qwerty too. And guess what I actually make a lot less mistakes with sure press, cause I don�t have the fingers of a hobbit and hate typing with my nails. So that extra push is well worth it

How�s your memory?
    Great!!! it�s also expandable with out buying a new device.

How�s your ability to keep it up for more than a few days without requiring a reboot?
    Man... Spectacular, but when I do reboot. The same apps won�t crash the device. And I can setup schedule to reboot while I sleep. Good pleasant dreams to.

How�s Appworld working out for you?
    It�s super awesome, but you know what else I like. I can download third party apps from anywhere. Not just Itunes.

Thank you Crackberryappworld.com,

Jail break anyone????

Hows your very low color gradient because the device is too slow?
    Its super awesome, especially when I preview pics to message to My Friends who don�t have IPhones

Tell me something,
    Question how long does it take me to swap a Battery on my Iphone Answer 2months....

O wow great productivy

Another question: Can you take a picture with your camera outside at night????? That no flash option waaaaaaaaaaayyy to go!!! O yeah IPHONE dont move to fast, because the camera will not keep up. Yeah no movings shots. Got to love it No app for that yet

And last but not least,

Why is it call Jail Breaking if it the Iphone is So �Free?�

Question. I've only had the Iphone for a day, so maybe I am misunderstanding you. But I don't need Itunes to download apps.
    Also, I thought the storm was alright. But no way does the app store even compare. I can tell you if you enjoy opening up app world, and waiting 10 mins just for a picture of three apps to load then good on you. Also there are some apps I loved on my storm, but they weren't enough to keep me interested. IE poynt. There are several things, I can do. AIM can run in background when I call, and post on crackberry. Also the MMS is no big deal. Not sure way people make such a big deal about this. Even on BlackBerry I had the storm for 6 months, and I think I may have sent one MMS. I think you make some good points, but I just think there are two sides of the story. Storm some people love it, but I wasn't a fan. I love the bold, and I've messed around on a curve and they are smooth. But the storm gave me alot of issues personally.
    06-24-09 04:17 PM

Looks like we have a security expert here. I have never heard of a tunnel encrypted with "MDS" LOL

GET A CLUE!

Just to fill you in, you need a VPN client because BES's WLAN is crap, but I am sure you have no idea what I am talking about.
    I run a 2 Blackberry Enterprise Servers bro.. don't even start.

MDS = Mobile Data Service. There's 2 MDS services running on a BES, the Integration service and the Connection service. The fact of the matter is on a BES you are running on a AES 256 BIT encrypted "tunnel" which acts as a VPN. The BES is basically a proxy for all traffic to/from the device.

Let me rephrase this. WHILE ON A BES, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED A VPN CLIENT. AT ALL.

As long as you have the HRT downloaded, turn cell radio off, turn WLAN on, and you will.. shocker.. STILL BE CONNECTING TO A BES THROUGH RIMS NOC. This means web browsing, sending emails to/from a BES as well as BB Messenger, ALL WORK
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-24-09 at 04:52 PM.
    06-24-09 04:23 PM
    What about RIM's NOC, a key piece of the puzzle, any idea what is going on there? I didn't think so.

What about the iPhones IPSEC client, did you forget about that?
    RIM's Network Operations Center? You mean how it routes traffic? I also happen to work for a infrastructure team.. if you really want to get technical, I'll bust out Visio and show you a flow chart and make you look like a fool.

Good luck with your iPhone's Cisco VPN client.. You need a concentrator for it to work. No VPN Concentrator = No iPhone VPN connectivity..
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-24-09 at 04:34 PM.
    06-24-09 04:24 PM
    removed to not contribute to the crap going on here.
    Last edited by jnepsa; 06-24-09 at 05:44 PM.
    06-24-09 04:34 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD