Every version of the iPhone has been leaps and bounds ahead of the current Storm.

I'm just waiting for the Storm 2 to come out and watching the little kids try and come up with something other than "it's RIM's first touchscreen!" excuse on why the phone sucks.

Anybody with the over/under on the OP's age? Judging by the always mature "LOLs", I'm going with 14.
    06-24-09 12:26 AM
    Why does RC and Jef always come in together?

either it's the same person, or they're 'very' close 'friends'

You, yourself fight more than the storm fanbois, so where does that put you?
    Who the **** cares? If they are in love with their phones, let them be. Instead, you decide to use your own time to point your own opinion out. Man you annoy the **** out of me. Not because you hate the phone, but because you're such a whiny little *****! ha-ha

Anywho, The iphone is a great media device. And unlike the storm, it isn't just MAC or windows biased, it does both.

The storm.. well... It's got blackberry OS on it.. lol

onward!
    06-24-09 12:35 AM
    Settle down ladies! And lets take this chat to the iphone Forum.
    06-24-09 09:59 AM
    Why does RC and Jef always come in together?

either it's the same person, or they're 'very' close 'friends'

You, yourself fight more than the storm fanbois, so where does that put you?
    Who the **** cares? If they are in love with their phones, let them be. Instead, you decide to use your own time to point your own opinion out. Man you annoy the **** out of me. Not because you hate the phone, but because you're such a whiny little *****! ha-ha

Anywho, The iphone is a great media device. And unlike the storm, it isn't just MAC or windows biased, it does both.

onward!
    Amen. The iphone is great. Period. I am sure I will run into issues but when I call it doesn't lag, and when I type it doesn't lag. The thing is too, I get more bars then I did with Verizon I sure I will have issues when or if I travel. But over all I am glad that I have a working phone now.
    06-24-09 10:18 AM

onward!
    What does Media Access Control protocol have to do with anything? Who cares about layer 2, how does that affect you, the user?
    06-24-09 10:20 AM
    Settle down ladies! And lets take this chat to the iphone Forum.
    Not sure why this was needed but whatever...
    06-24-09 10:37 AM
    Amen. The iphone is great. Period. I am sure I will run into issues but when I call it doesn't lag, and when I type it doesn't lag. The thing is too, I get more bars then I did with Verizon I sure I will have issues when or if I travel. But over all I am glad that I have a working phone now.
    Guess what I'm doing right now. I'm on my phone and typing this response... lolol. Care to give that a try on your Iphone1, Iphone 2 or Iphone 3gs???
    06-24-09 10:39 AM
    It looks like the iPhone 3.0 release really took the fight out of the fanbois, leaving them only with these foolish comments. I think the 3.0 release really was not that big of a deal, the Storm has been vastly inferior since day one.
    I woudnt say inferior just different. Sure the Iphone fits a certain niche, however if your like me and Like Texting, using Yahoo Messenger, and Surfing the net all at one time... Im not sure if the Iphone is right for you. Not sure if there is an APP for that yet

lololol
    06-24-09 10:42 AM
    Guess what I'm doing right now. I'm on my phone and typing this response... lolol. Care to give that a try on your Iphone1, Iphone 2 or Iphone 3gs???
    Oh you mean like this. I enjoy posting to crackberry from my iPhone I used to dread it on my storm. I am no fanboy I like both companys apple and rim. But I just wanted something different. I am not really sure what you were hinting at or trying to prove by having me post from my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:46 AM
    I woudnt say inferior just different. Sure the Iphone fits a certain niche, however if your like me and Like Texting, using Yahoo Messenger, and Surfing the net all at one time... Im not sure if the Iphone is right for you. Not sure if there is an APP for that yet

lololol
    I forgot the "multitasking" argument, I guess the fanbois will have to get some more milage out of that. Well you do realize that the iPhone does in fact multitask right, they just do not let third parties do it because, well, it will become the complete nightmare that the Storm is, poor memory management, unstable and slow OS, and we definitely do not want that. The functionality is covered with apples push functionality, again one upping RIM at their own game.
    06-24-09 10:48 AM

lololol
    funny , bcz i can do all of this without skipping a bit, and have multiple browser windows open, (that is with background notifications) ,
    06-24-09 11:09 AM
    Oh you mean like this. I enjoy posting to crackberry from my iPhone I used to dread it on my storm. I am no fanboy I like both companys apple and rim. But I just wanted something different. I am not really sure what you were hinting at or trying to prove by having me post from my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cool thanks for doing it... But perhaps I was not clear Please repeat the process while... Staying, I dont know, logged into your Air Traffic Controller App. Or Maybe place a phone call while you respond to it and still have the page loaded on your front screen.

Should you be able to do so, please let me know how to emulate your actions and I will forever call you king....

Well not forever maybe just on this thread....
    06-24-09 11:22 AM
    funny , bcz i can do all of this without skipping a bit, and have multiple browser windows open, (that is with background notifications) ,
    Ok you lost me. Yes you can have multiple windows open on safari which is great. I will be the first to say that the browsing experience on the Iphone is out of this world.

However... ahem cough cough. Sometimes I like to do two things at once and not have to stop start and refresh Ya digg...
    06-24-09 11:24 AM
    I forgot the "multitasking" argument, I guess the fanbois will have to get some more milage out of that. Well you do realize that the iPhone does in fact multitask right, they just do not let third parties do it because, well, it will become the complete nightmare that the Storm is, poor memory management, unstable and slow OS, and we definitely do not want that. The functionality is covered with apples push functionality, again one upping RIM at their own game.

So being able to do it in theory and not being able to do it literally.

Equals... Not being able to do it.

I mean suuuuure, in theory faster than the speed of light travel is possible, but unfourtunately we can't yet defeat the space/time continuim law set forth by Physics as we know it... Therefore us lowly humans can't do it yet

Sorry dude, your logic is flawed

Also Im not a fanboy, Have both devices... Like i said before the Iphone is a great phone, if you are a linear lateral person, The Blackberry is Non-linear and helps me express myself more.
    06-24-09 11:35 AM
    Ok you lost me. Yes you can have multiple windows open on safari which is great. I will be the first to say that the browsing experience on the Iphone is out of this world.

However... ahem cough cough. Sometimes I like to do two things at once and not have to stop start and refresh Ya digg...
    sure, you and i know you can multitask with 1st party apps,

now with all the rest, you cant, but the fact is that even when close any app, after opening it you are right back when you were before, and with the 3gs, its as fast opening apps then it is to switch apps on the storm, (not games)

besides, whats the point of you multitasking if all you have is 5 usable apps, that are still nowhere near as good as their counterpart on the iphone? oh yea, with the new bb os there will be a msg telling you to uninstall things that u dont use, nice.
    06-24-09 11:39 AM
    So what is your point? You're not really giving much of an argument.
    06-24-09 11:41 AM
    So what is your point? You're not really giving much of an argument.
    Niether are you... so whats yours?

06-24-09 11:45 AM
    So being able to do it in theory and not being able to do it literally.

Equals... Not being able to do it.

I mean suuuuure, in theory faster than the speed of light travel is possible, but unfourtunately we can't yet defeat the space/time continuim law set forth by Physics as we know it... Therefore us lowly humans can't do it yet

Sorry dude, your logic is flawed

Also Im not a fanboy, Have both devices... Like i said before the Iphone is a great phone, if you are a linear lateral person, The Blackberry is Non-linear and helps me express myself more.
    Let me dumb it down even more, the iPhone has a VPN client (something the Storm also lacks), it is an app, it runs at the same time as Safari, it is multi tasking. It has been that way since the iPhone 1.0.
    06-24-09 11:47 AM
    sure, you and i know you can multitask with 1st party apps,

now with all the rest, you cant, but the fact is that even when close any app, after opening it you are right back when you were before, and with the 3gs, its as fast opening apps then it is to switch apps on the storm, (not games)

besides, whats the point of you multitasking if all you have is 5 usable apps, that are still nowhere near as good as their counterpart on the iphone? oh yea, with the new bb os there will be a msg telling you to uninstall things that u dont use, nice.
    Both your points are valid, But there is still no Iphone Messenger, Or Integrated messaging. What is a phone with out the capability to integrate all messaging apps smoothly??? It�s a base function...

The 3rd party apps are currently much better... But with a year head start I would hope so.

The new BBos hopefully will be way better than the 4.0, Im not going to sit here and guarantee it... Because I was severely disappointed with 4.0.65/75
    06-24-09 11:54 AM
    Both your points are valid, But there is still no Iphone Messenger, Or Integrated messaging. What is a phone with out the capability to integrate all messaging apps smoothly??? It�s a base function...

The 3rd party apps are currently much better... But with a year head start I would hope so.

The new BBos hopefully will be way better than the 4.0, Im not going to sit here and guarantee it... Because I was severely disappointed with 4.0.65/75
    Blackberry has been making smart phones for 10 years, apple 2?, But apple has the head start?

Sorry dude your logic is flawed, you can not traverse the time space continuum.
    06-24-09 11:59 AM
    Let me dumb it down even more, the iPhone has a VPN client (something the Storm also lacks), it is an app, it runs at the same time as Safari, it is multi tasking. It has been that way since the iPhone 1.0.
    How about we get real simple..

Dont need a VPN..

Because the BES

Also BB's are rated top in Security Data Encryption. Iphone not!!! Which is why no corporation support the roll out of IPHONE's to any secured or bonded employee's
    06-24-09 12:05 PM
    Blackberry has been making smart phones for 10 years, apple 2?, But apple has the head start?

Sorry dude your logic is flawed, you can not traverse the time space continuum.
    Acutally Blackberrys first phone came out 5 years ago. Before that they made corporate pagers. As a company RIM is barely 14 years old.

Now Apple has been developing what IPOD OS which is what the IPhones GUI/Firmware is based off since 2001. So based on what your saying yes the IPHONE is only 2 years old however the OS is now in its 8th year of developement. And still has issues.

If you dont beleave me ask steve jobs... lololol

Consider Time/Space Tranversed dude. Get out the past
    06-24-09 12:17 PM
    I have one, actually both 1st and second. Emailing to a sms/web cache is not the same sorry dude. you lose
    How's your slow Storm working out? How's your craptacular HTML email? How's that mis-aligned clickscreen? Hows that HORRIBLE landscape KB? Hows your memory? Hows your ability to keep it up for more than a few days without requiring a reboot? Hows appworld working out for you? Hows your very low color gradiant because the device is too slow?
    06-24-09 12:26 PM
    Acutally Blackberrys first phone came out 5 years ago. Before that they made corporate pagers. As a company RIM is barely 14 years old.

Now Apple has been developing what IPOD OS which is what the IPhones GUI/Firmware is based off since 2001. So based on what your saying yes the IPHONE is only 2 years old however the OS is now in its 8th year of developement. And still has issues.

If you dont beleave me ask steve jobs... lololol

Consider Time/Space Tranversed dude. Get out the past
    RIM actually used to make all sorts of things, not just pagers/handhelds/phones. They used to make scanners and other P.O.S. (point of sale) devices. BB the name came out in 1999 as a 2way pager. from then to early 2000's was a device called RIM 950 and 957 that ran Goodlink. After that, THEN came the Blackberry handhelds.

iPhone OS is not 8 years old. the iPod OS prior to the touch is a completely different OS than what we have now.. And what "issues" does it have? It doesn't crash, it doesnt slow down, it doesn't cause frustration. <- Blackberrys have all 3 of those.

If you want to compare it this way, since 2002 the Blackberry OS has barely changed from what it is today.. All RIM seems to do is fix issues while creating more.. hardly ever adding any new FEATURES.
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-24-09 at 12:41 PM.
    06-24-09 12:30 PM
    How's your slow Storm working out? How's your craptacular HTML email? How's that mis-aligned clickscreen? Hows that HORRIBLE landscape KB? Hows your memory? Hows your ability to keep it up for more than a few days without requiring a reboot? Hows appworld working out for you? Hows your very low color gradiant because the device is too slow?
    Hahahaha All good points...

How's your slow Storm working out?
    Great love the fact that I can still MMS over my slow storm and it actually gets signals in rural areas. Like for instance, live in columbus went to a friends house in I, My Iphone became a Ipod.

How's your craptacular HTML email?
    Answer: HTML email works sweet... And it actually comes to an Intergrated screen along, with my Texts, Yahoo messenger, Blackberry Messenger, and Call logs... O, and its timestamped with a push. Sweeeeet love that

Hows that HORRIBLE landscape KB?
    Love the Keyboard, it now has a horrible Portrait full qwerty too. And guess what I actually make a lot less mistakes with sure press, cause I don�t have the fingers of a hobbit and hate typing with my nails. So that extra push is well worth it

How�s your memory?
    Great!!! it�s also expandable with out buying a new device.

How�s your ability to keep it up for more than a few days without requiring a reboot?
    Man... Spectacular, but when I do reboot. The same apps won�t crash the device. And I can setup schedule to reboot while I sleep. Good pleasant dreams to.

How�s Appworld working out for you?
    It�s super awesome, but you know what else I like. I can download third party apps from anywhere. Not just Itunes.

Thank you Crackberryappworld.com,

Jail break anyone????

Hows your very low color gradient because the device is too slow?
    Its super awesome, especially when I preview pics to message to My Friends who don�t have IPhones

Tell me something,
    Question how long does it take me to swap a Battery on my Iphone Answer 2months....

O wow great productivy

Another question: Can you take a picture with your camera outside at night????? That no flash option waaaaaaaaaaayyy to go!!! O yeah IPHONE dont move to fast, because the camera will not keep up. Yeah no movings shots. Got to love it No app for that yet

And last but not least,

Why is it call Jail Breaking if it the Iphone is So �Free?�
    06-24-09 12:58 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD