Good afternoon all. Is anyone already in a line somewhere, and tweeting, facebooking about it, etc, etc?
    04-02-10 11:48 AM
    I won't be standing in line for this epic failure. I'm sure all the modern hippies will love it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 12:07 PM
    I'm not and will not be. I'm actually going to skip this device, I already bought the N1. Never paid so much for a device in my life.
    04-02-10 06:58 PM
    I might be if I didn't already have an iPod Touch.
    04-02-10 07:06 PM
    I will at least wait for the second or third gen before I purchase one. Till then my Mac Book Pro will do.
    04-02-10 08:21 PM
    Why does every ipad thread turn into an argument between those that want and those that do not. lol Anyway I am still curious if anyone is really standing in line to get these things like the OP I want to know. Where are you guys at?

iPad Lines: Apple flagship store on Fifth Avenue is slowly growing : World Correspondents
    04-02-10 10:53 PM
    That's exactly what I want to know harrison0500, i.e. are people in line right now, tweeting and facebooking, etc, etc...
    04-03-10 04:16 AM
    My brother in law stood in line for it and he just called me that he got it. The line moved fast he said
    04-03-10 11:42 AM
    I went to Best Buy this morning to take a look at the iPad, being undecided on whether I was going to purchase one or not. I was very surprised to see a very light amount of traffic around the two demo units, and immediately started playing with one of the units. I was also surprised to find that Best Buy had the 16, 32, and 64 GB versions in stock.

My first impression was that the screen was impressive, as it is very sharp. I surfed the web on the iPad (via wifi) some, and it seemed quick. Launching the pre-loaded apps was quick as well.

I definitely missed the lack of multi-tasking on the iPad much more than I ever did on the iPhone. IMO, considering the device size and capabilities with the larger screen, multi-tasking is virtually a must.

I stepped away from the unit for a minute to reflect, and ultimately, I decided not to buy the iPad. I just could not see where and how I would use it. I am very happy with my Blackberry & full-size laptop combination. If I was to buy an iPad, the 3G verison is the only one that I would consider, as the device is one to travel with, IMO.

In the end, I no longer have any desire to buy the iPad. It's a neat device, but seemingly serves very little purpose if one has a smart phone and a laptop already. Interestingly enough, in the twenty or so minutes that I was at the store, several people looked at the units, but nobody purchased one.
    04-03-10 04:34 PM
    I've had mine since 9 this morning and this thing is everything they said it would be, so I'm very very happy with my decision to get it.
    04-03-10 05:06 PM
    Responses that weren't answering the question was removed. Going forth, please answer the question or exit the thread.

Thanks
    04-04-10 03:42 AM
    Nah, didn't stand in line and don't plan on getting one. I did check it out at a Best
    Buy that was located in the same shopping center that I was eating at on Saturday.
    04-05-10 11:45 AM
    So what did you think about it forever
    04-05-10 11:47 AM
    I won't be standing in line for this epic failure. I'm sure all the modern hippies will love it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ^ What he/she said.
    04-05-10 11:50 AM
    Can you explain why it's an epic failure, do you mean in terms of specs or what, surely you don't mean sales. I want to know what you guys definition of an epic failure is.
    04-05-10 11:54 AM
    So what did you think about it forever
    I liked it. I could easily see myself sitting at home using it. Handy piece of
    equipment. Just can't justify actually buying one since I have a laptop.
    But if someone bought it for me I'd definetly use it.
    04-05-10 12:09 PM
    Yea that's awesome. If I had a laptop I wouldn't have purchased this either. I only had my iPhone 3GS and iMac.
    04-05-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD