im planning on buying a tablet. and my two last choices is between the super loved ipad and the all hated playbook.
    but as i dig deeper i realised that besides the apps choice .
    the PLAYBOOK turns out to be more
    powerfull. multitasking . new system that will become huge says the reps at best buy and bureau en gros.
    really i tried both and found the pb to be a reall all do tablet.
    the ipad only has tons of apps.and its fun . the browser is slow
    i presently have a i4s.
    can i conect it to ipad like the bridge option on the pb .
    12-18-11 09:40 PM
    It comes down to personal preference.

I personally bought the PB because of the bargain price.
    Since I have both the i4s and the 9900, i decided that PB was right for me.
    I can use whatever App i want to on my i4s and the bridge works wonders from my 9900.
    However, one issue you might have is if you need to tether from i4s because that will take a toll on your battery.

Theres no bridge from iphone to ipad.
    12-18-11 09:53 PM
    There is no bridge option for iPhone to iPad. You can do wifi tether (I think called personal hotspot - someone can confirm that).

Honestly it depends on what you want to use the tablet for.

I have the PB 2.0 beta as I am building an application for the Android player. I like the 2.0 OS and it has a lot of potential. I used to have the iPhone 3GS and found it limiting for my needs. Your needs might differ, as mine resolved heavily on portability.

On the flip-side I just purchased for xmas an iPad 2 for my parents. They don't really use computers and I figured an iPad will be very easy for them. It will be for home use and figure they can use it to read the paper for free etc...

At the end, pick your poison based on your needs. And remember in the end it is just your wallet getting screwed...

P.S.
    Make sure to pick the tablet of choice up where you can do a return if it is not for you. But during your first week, really try to use it in circumstances you would use it with.
    12-18-11 09:56 PM
    im planning on buying a tablet. and my two last choices is between the super loved ipad and the all hated playbook.
    powerfull. multitasking . new system that will become huge says the reps at best buy and bureau en gros.
    i presently have a i4s.
    You are in Quebec? Then you can use Personal Hotspot without additional charge. Tether the iPad to the iPhone using the Camera Connector Kit and Personal Hotspot, I believe.

new system that will become huge says the reps at best buy and bureau en gros.
    Do not buy any device based on what some clueless sales rep says "will be". Evaluate the device as it is *now* because that is what you will have for however long.
    12-18-11 11:39 PM
    i presently have a i4s.
    lmao slow browser ... Whatever
    12-19-11 01:21 AM
    Multitasking is great, except you only have 1 screen and 1 app fills it up so I'm not really sure what the difference is between the two devices in this respect. They both do stuff in the background if thats what you call multitasking? Also "multitasking" is sort of dependent on having apps available to utilize it... Not so much on the playbook!

You should choose whatever makes you comfortable though, only personal experience will determine whats right for you.

i presently have a i4s.
    12-19-11 10:27 AM
    Do not buy any device based on what some clueless sales rep says "will be". Evaluate the device as it is *now* because that is what you will have for however long.
    Great advice, buy based on what you see in the market today.

But if you want to look into the future, one big "will be" you should consider is RIM itself. There are so many changes going on, they may get out of the hardware business completely. Their step to allow enterprise IT to manage Android and iOS devices within the blackberry network is a move in that direction. BB could very well become a middleware provider, which may or may not be a good thing for the Playbook.
    12-19-11 02:01 PM
    You would be ok with either. I have both and I agree the browser on the PB IS better and faster, of course I have an iPad 1, NOT an iPad 2, so I might not be the best judge. However where the ipad wins is the eco system, the apps, BUT the PlayBook IS improving.
    12-19-11 05:14 PM
    You would be ok with either. I have both and I agree the browser on the PB IS better and faster, of course I have an iPad 1, NOT an iPad 2, so I might not be the best judge. However where the ipad wins is the eco system, the apps, BUT the PlayBook IS improving.
    The ipad2 is 40% of what I need in a laptop but 70% of what I need in an information device when I'm on the go(excepting the extremely frequent safari crashes which doesn't bother me because it's an apple product <sarcasm>).

I have 19 apps installed since I got this thing months ago and pay for a $30/2gig data plan, which really angers me. Without it the device is useless where I travel.

So I used to have a 5 gig mobile broadband plan, dropped it for the 2 gig data plan on the ipad and pay twice as much for less functionality overall.

I have a love hate/relationship with the ipad, which is the reason I don't have an iphone.
    12-19-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD