Considering an ipad 2 for a here and there item for basic schoolwork and internet access. I have internet on my BB and would just like a toy on the side. I'm not too computer literate and I apologize; but how or can I install my ms office on the ipad? The only apps I saw on YT was for a program called citrix and I didn't know if it would work for me? Not looking for the ipad 2 to be a full fledged computer use for everything, but something just to keep under the seat and mainly use for getting a head start on my papers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    04-07-11 03:26 PM
    Apple has office applications that you can buy. I think "Pages" is the MS Word equivalent.

There are also other applications also, I believe.

There are no Microsoft Office applications though - but some of the applications mentioned may be able to use the same format though.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    04-07-11 03:53 PM
    Go to The App Store, search Documents To Go.
    Office, Excel, Word, PDF, PowerPoint, etc.

There is a $9.99 and a $16.99 version.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    04-08-11 06:50 AM
    Thanks guys. Still trying to round up enough cash and having second thoughts about the ipad 2? IDK.
    04-11-11 01:34 PM
    I bought pages and like the features, but noticed a huge lag in typing. I ended up getting Documents to Go. In Pages, when you type it might lag 5-10 characters behind you...more if you're fast.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    04-11-11 02:43 PM
    I bought pages and like the features, but noticed a huge lag in typing. I ended up getting Documents to Go. In Pages, when you type it might lag 5-10 characters behind you...more if you're fast.
    Damn that could be a huge problem. How is the doc to go working out for ya? As opposed to the pages?

Thanks for chiming in.
    04-11-11 02:58 PM
    Damn that could be a huge problem. How is the doc to go working out for ya? As opposed to the pages?

Thanks for chiming in.
    Although I prefer the interface of Pages, I end up typing more "papers" on Docs to Go. There is minimal lag, nothing like Pages. I tried to read up and it seems the lag is a constant and rather large concern with many other users. I don't know how people do it. I even use a bluetooth keyboard, and while using Pages, it becomes so frustrating.
    04-12-11 02:49 PM
    I bought "quick office" office. 14.99.
    Best fifteen bucks I ever spent. It's a one stop shop for ms office on your ipad2. I haven't used any of my PCs at home since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mustangv8 likes this.
    04-12-11 10:17 PM
    If you're a BB user already, why not take a look at the PlayBook? It'll be out next week and will have the DocsToGo suite already on it. It will be smaller than the iPad2, but if you're having second thoughts, it might be worth a comparison. In the end, it is your decision.
    04-12-11 11:15 PM
    If you get the PB it might be able to run the leaked BB DTG 3. I downloaded it on my Bold and got a free copy for OS viewing and a free PDF reader heh. Just a thought.

As far as the iPad vs. PB, it's really up in the air. A tablet would be cool to have.
    04-13-11 01:14 PM
    I may hold out and check out the PB. Not happy about the small screen size and a price matched to apple for a smaller screen.
    04-14-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD