08-20-10 05:13 PM
    Thanks for that!
    08-20-10 05:25 PM
    No Problem
    08-20-10 05:31 PM
    For some reason the artical was really interesting. Great find.

As to the topic itself, how many in the apple forum own one? I'm kinda curios now. Let's not say we own one when we don't either. Let's keep it truthful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 07:47 AM
    I am on one at this very minute! Or should I have not admitted that? I love it. So quick for checking the emails, checking up on something using Google or whatever. Much better than having to wait for the real laptop to boot up. The only thing I find strange is that it is so selective with what it talks to. Like Bluetooth, can't pair it with my Iphone. Thanks Apple. Thank goodness for jail breaking.
    There - out of the closet now, feel much better!! Thanks guys............
    Last edited by dougproctor; 08-21-10 at 08:30 AM. Reason: More info
    08-21-10 08:27 AM
    I have one. Although Im actually selling it. I bought it for a 6 week vacation i took at the end of June and now that Im back i really have no use for it. I showed everyone the pictures from my vacation with my ipad. Theres nothing else to use it for. I have a macbook pro for email and surfing the net. The games are really fun, but its not convenient carrying around this thing just to play those games. Its a great device, im not knocking it, its just that i have no real use for it. Its sitting on the shelf in my room just being lonely, lol.
    08-21-10 12:03 PM
    I can afford an iPad, I just have no use for it. Not a hater of the device, I just really don't see the point of it when I have a MacBook Pro at my house, and I have a smartphone on me at all times.
    08-21-10 12:15 PM
    I own an iPad but recently traded it for an iPhone 3Gs 32gig and 200 bucks then sold my iPhone 4 for 650. I felt the two lasted Apple inocations were truly magical, just not the tricks I was looking for. So now I'm happily and by choice on my 3Gs
    08-21-10 12:40 PM
    Love the iPad. Is a fantastic work tool. Place PDFs or docs in GoodReader subfolders and saves lugging tons of material. Work and personal email on the device.

For general use, the first important item is the light unit combined with Ten Hour battery life. Instant booting. No sound. Can fully read web sites. Instant access to info if watching tv or discussing items. Like imdb. Flickster. Wikixxx. Sports

Is always nearby for instant access..

Jailbreak your IPhone and create a traveling secure hotspot. No need for 3G model iPad
    08-27-10 07:54 AM
    I own an iPad an love it! I'm writing this response on it now. It is a fantastic machine. I also have a MacBook, net book, Sony vio and 2 government issued laptops.

This is easily my favorite item to browse forums and surf the Internet. I love it! Been thinking about jail breaking it, but haven't. May soon. Who knows?
    08-28-10 12:01 AM
    Yea? I've played with one a while ago, it should have run mac os. The ipad feels like an oversized iphone to me.

Yea, if they slap windows on it I'd get one.

08-28-10 12:41 AM
    Guess I'm different... I think the iphone OS is the reason it works so well. Had it been a windows OS, I would think it would be to problematic for my liking.

It think the simplicity of the system is what makes it popular.

08-28-10 02:39 AM
    I have an iPad and love it. I do think that a lot of fanboys can ruin an experience though; it kind of reminds me of the south park episode where Randy buys a hybrid and thinks he's better than everyone else. It's just funny to see just how some people are so close minded and not willing to give anything else a chance
    08-28-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD