Now I guess it's only fair to post what a fellow blackberry user feels about the iPad so here you guys go! And article posted in the nytimes of a guy who just doesn't get the iPads purpose (like so many of you).

Cost and Redundancy Issues Confront iPad - NYTimes.com
    04-01-10 11:39 PM
    And the point of this thread is? I thought this was the iPhone forum.
    04-01-10 11:52 PM
    Well there isn't an ipad forum, although it is a hot topic on this website. So why not post it in the Apple iPhone section. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I don't think it's a life changing post or anything. If you don't like where it is go tell someone and in sure they will hear you problem out.
    04-01-10 11:58 PM
    Well there isn't an ipad forum, although it is a hot topic on this website. So why not post it in the Apple iPhone section. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I don't think it's a life changing post or anything. If you don't like where it is go tell someone and in sure they will hear you problem out.
    Dude, why is it that you get so offended when anyone questions you? Your right there is not an iPad forum and I have to assume there is a reason for that.
    04-02-10 12:29 AM
    You mean not everyone will love the iPad? Some will be disappointed?

SHOCKING!
    04-02-10 11:28 AM
    Yeah, it does seem pretty redundant to me.

It doesn't really fill any niche. It's too big to be a handheld (like a smartphone) but can't do as much as a mobile netbook. It's not very portable either. You can't tether with it and have to pay 30/month for a data plan for it, which you probably already have on your phone.

No thanks.
    04-02-10 11:46 AM
    well, I would have bought it if it would have had that pesky *F* word and usb ports.
    I recently read it didn't have USB ports....another bummer....
    04-02-10 11:53 AM
    It doesn't really fill any niche.
    This is the exact, same feeling I have. Although I love Apple products, I don't
    see myself buying an iPad soon because I really just have no need for it. It in
    no way could ever replace my laptop.

However I won't say that I won't ever own an iPad. Maybe somewhere down
    the road I'll have some sort of need or even an itch for it.
    04-02-10 01:06 PM
    Did you guys read the last phrase “But I’d wear their underwear if they made it.” hahahahaah now that's a fan.

Personally I wont be getting an Ipad. I just can't see what i need it for. I have a desktop, Laptop and my BB. I would probably use it at first and then leave it collect dust.
    04-02-10 01:12 PM
    The problem with the iPad is, some people won't want to buy their apps. I think it just looks like a giant iTouch.

But, Apple made it, and people are going to buy it just for the name. So, that's how I see it.
    04-02-10 06:04 PM
    The problem with the iPad is, some people won't want to buy their apps. I think it just looks like a giant iTouch.

But, Apple made it, and people are going to buy it just for the name. So, that's how I see it.
    If they could've pulled off a "lite" version of OSX or something like that where you could download and run programs from the web like a laptop that would be pretty awesome IMO.
    04-02-10 10:16 PM
    If they could've pulled off a "lite" version of OSX or something like that where you could download and run programs from the web like a laptop that would be pretty awesome IMO.
    Yes sir that would be really cool. But, Apple loves to jack the prices of their devices up so much. If people already have an iPhone and or a MacBook, don't waste your money on a iPad. But, like I said earlier, there are people out there that shell out so much money for anything that says Apple on it. So, when people do that, Apple brings more and more of the same stuff to the table and sells them like crazy. I don't blame Apple at all, they have these people on a leash. I give Steve Jobs mad props for what he is doing with that company.
    04-03-10 02:20 AM
    I'm not an Apple guy but I like the iPad. I just don't like its price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 03:28 AM
    well, I would have bought it if it would have had that pesky *F* word and usb ports.
    I recently read it didn't have USB ports....another bummer....
    +1.
    USB ports and lack of camera is what turned me off.
    That and the fact that it runs a mobile os, not macOS-X.

But who knows... Maybe the new 4.0software will change my mind.

(posted from an iPad at best buy )
    04-06-10 03:35 PM
    +1.
    USB ports and lack of camera is what turned me off.
    That and the fact that it runs a mobile os, not macOS-X.

But who knows... Maybe the new 4.0software will change my mind.

(posted from an iPad at best buy )
    I hoping 4.0 is another game changer, but with all the multi-tasking phones out and all this other stuff i just believe Apple will build onto their already popular OS and not changet to much.
    04-06-10 03:38 PM
    The iPad runs iPhone OS 3.2 therefore I say its okay for it to be in the iPhone sub forum! lol
    04-06-10 03:39 PM
    The iPad runs iPhone OS 3.2 therefore I say its okay for it to be in the iPhone sub forum! lol
    great point, im going to use that for now on lol
    04-06-10 03:41 PM
    I hoping 4.0 is another game changer, but with all the multi-tasking phones out and all this other stuff i just believe Apple will build onto their already popular OS and not changet to much.
    ya very true... and they've had the same UI since the first Iphone... the major updates have only added features and improvements, but no actual major changes in OS or UI. Plus, Apple and their Iphone are doing extremely well with what they have... so no real need for a huge OS/UI makeover...

but.. who knows, right?
    04-06-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD