Good article explaining the success of the iPad and why naysayers were completely wrong like most of us Apple guys knew anyway.

Apple Proves The Naysayers Wrong, Sells 2 Million iPads In 2 Months � Podcasting News
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 06-14-10 at 06:24 AM.
    06-13-10 09:49 PM
    It's knew not new. You need to be confident enough in your own assessment and depend less on the opinion of others. It is overpriced for what it offers in my opinion but I hope you love it no matter who else says you should.
    06-13-10 09:54 PM
    Personally I don't believe it's anyones right to tell someone what they need to do. Also others assessments help people make decisions for the future, so wouldn't it be the right thing or a more responsible act to wait on others assessments of a product before purchasing it yourself?
    06-14-10 06:27 AM
    I hate that working on one design thing for years, come up with a new brick on a screen lol.

The ipad seems to be like a really big iphone to me, its just missing the actual phone, sorry to put you apple fans down lol. Don't worry, rim seems to be out the door to lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 06:59 AM
    I hate that working on one design thing for years, come up with a new brick on a screen lol.

The ipad seems to be like a really big iphone to me, its just missing the actual phone, sorry to put you apple fans down lol. Don't worry, rim seems to be out the door to lol

with the apps/games that the iphone offers who wouldnt want a larger screen to play them on? everyone has their pros and cons which is great assuming they are their opinions and not ones they were fed by people who just love to hate. If size wasn't important to people though they wouldn't go for the laptop with the larger monitor or the dsi with the xl. People want to be able to see everything large.
    06-14-10 07:11 AM
    I have a smartphone and a laptop. I will never buy an iPad.
    06-14-10 07:15 AM
    I have a smartphone and a laptop. I will never buy an iPad.
    congratulations
    06-14-10 07:37 AM
    Good article explaining the success of the iPad and why naysayers were completely wrong like most of us Apple guys knew anyway.

Apple Proves The Naysayers Wrong, Sells 2 Million iPads In 2 Months � Podcasting News
    Article Translation:

"I'll buy anything thats shiny and made by Apple."
    06-14-10 07:56 AM
    Article Translation:

"I'll buy anything thats shiny and made by Apple."
    Yeah if RIM made computers and tablets many of the blackberry fanatics would have them too. But since RIM (for the time being) only makes phones it's convenient to say some people will buy anything made by Apple. When RIM starts making tablets, let's see what happened to all those people that say "I have a laptop and a smartphone, I don't need an iPad", while their ordering their blackberry tablet.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-14-10 at 09:21 AM.
    06-14-10 09:14 AM
    Just because 2 million people bought it doesn't make it any less of a ridiculous device.
    06-14-10 09:17 AM
    When the iPad actually is capable of do real world work, Office, Photoshop, etc.. then I will get one. Until then, it is an oversized iPod Touch FAD. Not even a camera, or iChat.. come on, the iPad is a true definition of someone who will buy anything Apple sells because it's cool. It is cool.. but it's not going to replace my very portable MacBook 13" Pro anytime soon.

For those who say it's not suppose to, seriously? The one good thing the iPad has that a netback or small full fledge laptop doesn't is built in 3g, but even then you can get a 3g dongle for your notebook.

Apple, love ya, add more functionality to the iPad and I'm in line. I have an 3Gs already and soon to be 4 that does more than the iPad does as it is.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-14-10 at 09:29 AM.
    06-14-10 09:24 AM
    When the iPad actually is capable of do real world work, Office, Photoshop, etc.. then I will get one. Until then, it is an oversized iPod Touch FAD. Not even a camera, or iChat.. come on, the iPad is a true definition of someone who will buy anything Apple sells because it's cool. It is cool.. but it's not going to replace my very portable MacBook 13" Pro anytime soon.

For those who say it's not suppose to, seriously? The one good thing the iPad has that a netback or small full fledge laptop doesn't is built in 3g, but even then you can get a 3g dongle for your notebook.
    This^

Tablets are pointless when you have a smartphone and a laptop. The people that bought iPads are just suckers. They'll believe anything and just buy it because it's new.
    06-14-10 09:31 AM
    I don't get it. What are people arguing about now? People argued about it before it was released and now Apple has sold a couple million people are still arguing about it. What's the point? Either you like it and find it useful or you don't. Some people do just fine with their laptop while others have found other needs where the iPad can work perfectly. Everyone doesn't have a 13 inch laptop where they can pay 15 bucks to get some data service. Some people actually have 15-17 inch. Everyone doesn't need an iPad. Or it doesn't pack enough features for everyone. Really, most of us don't even need smartphones but we have heavily integrated them into our lives where it is now a need. And this is no different that what some people are doing with the iPad. Either you like it you don't. Everyone should probably get over it by now. It isn't going anywhere and Apple will make another next year for the same people to continue to argue about. Again, what's the point? Let's see if the same outrage breaks out over the impending Android tablets and possible RIM tablet. I would expect by that time Android and blackeberry users alike will rationalize it's existence. But I digress.
    06-14-10 09:34 AM
    This^

Tablets are pointless when you have a smartphone and a laptop. The people that bought iPads are just suckers. They'll believe anything and just buy it because it's new.
    When did your needs represent everyone elses? I think I missed that part. Anyhow, people buy things they don't need everyday. How many people pop for the car with leather seats and power everything when they can get by on something. It's just a fact about our society. Having said that, if someone can find use for something and spend their own money for it, why are they suckers? If it may make their life a little more convenient, why not if they are paying?

And honestly does everyone who dislikes the iPad believe everyone that bought one has a laptop? Seriously? I know 3 people besides myself that bought one. 1 of them had a laptop one had a desktop and the other had neither. They just had a blackberry and used their computer at work. Yes for a lot of people that do have a laptop and smartphone this is pointless but not everyone. You guys are just so jaded and narrow minded it's ridiculous. At least Entertainment has valid reasons concerns the lack of features for iPad while others are just making broad and general statements about their feelings and think everyone has the same needs as them.
    06-14-10 09:44 AM
    I'll be buying an iPad.

I'll use it for traveling. At home I'll use it to run various home automation/entertainment devices as well as surfing the net on the front porch or back deck.

I don't get the hate though.
    It may not be for everyone, but its definitively for me.
    06-14-10 10:31 AM
    We live to argue...its human nature lol. But really, I don't get the ipad, I see its useful for business use so you don't have to use a phone or laptop, ****, I'd get one if I worked it a large building and I was going from floor to floor, but to own one just to own one, I don't get it...its just one of those things.

And if anyone has one, what do you use it for? Let's ease our neysayer minds and put us to rest. Is it useful, or are you on your macbook more?

06-14-10 10:38 AM
    For me personally the Ipad is useless. I don't need it and think it's over priced for the specs it carries (like most things apple). But like scorpiodsu said not everyone has the same needs and reasons for wanting a device. So im sure for a lot of people this product is perfect. Just like a blackberry is perfect for some peoples needs , the ipad is for others.
    I can't understand the hate/love some people have for these companies.... IT"S CRAZY. How could you hate something so much? or even how could you love something so much?
    People wanted the Ipad they got it.. it's that simple... there decision, there money, there life
    06-14-10 10:39 AM
    I read article, ** Buyers think that the iPad really is “magical and revolutionary” **.. the U.S people didn't call that... They called OverSized iTouch.. But in ASIA, Yes they screamed "magical and revolutionary" after people purchased..
    06-14-10 10:42 AM
    For me personally the Ipad is useless.
    Same for me. I guess for those who can't afford computers or just want to play 3D games, watch movies or utilize other multimedia, the iPad is good for them.

Only reason why I'm posting this is because a friend of mine kept telling me how much he wanted one but then later looked at its price & specs and is buying a laptop instead.
    06-14-10 10:44 AM
    Its an physically awkward device IMO. Awkward to hold, awkward to read, awkward to carry.
    06-14-10 10:44 AM
    It's not arguing, it's opinion. JUST as people like to express their opinion what makes an iPad useful, other CAN express their opinions as to it's uselessness.
    06-14-10 10:51 AM
    Same for me. I guess for those who can't afford computers or just want to play 3D games, watch movies or utilize other multimedia, the iPad is good for them.

Only reason why I'm posting this is because a friend of mine kept telling me how much he wanted one but then later looked at its price & specs and is buying a laptop instead.
    The iPad is not a Laptop replacement.

A lot of people don't understand that.
    06-14-10 11:22 AM
    We live to argue...its human nature lol. But really, I don't get the ipad, I see its useful for business use so you don't have to use a phone or laptop, ****, I'd get one if I worked it a large building and I was going from floor to floor, but to own one just to own one, I don't get it...its just one of those things.

And if anyone has one, what do you use it for? Let's ease our neysayer minds and put us to rest. Is it useful, or are you on your macbook more?

I would agree that if it's not useful to you then it is pointless to have. I know a bunch people bought them just because instead of really fulfilling a need. Personally, I use it mostly for 3 things: Browsing the web, reading and for my docs for lessons I teach. Browsing the web on it is great and when I teach classes at my church I no longer have to carrier my binder anymore with all my papers. So for me it's a convenience. And at night when I'm winding down I catch up on all my new feeds and stuff. With my laptop, I never brought that up to read at night and I use to finish up reading on my iPhone but since I have the iPad it's serves this purpose now. But that's me. Everyone is different.

I've already been to 3 different churches where the guest speakers have used the iPad and I'm guessing it's because of convenience for them. Even my Pastor told me the other day that he wants to get one because it will be convenient for him to go over his messages and scriptures without having to carry his papers and bible everywhere. Now obviously, he will still use the physical materials for preparation but when he's not home or the office he would have everything on the iPad so he can brush up on everything. And that's the convenience of it. And he has a 17 inch laptop and isn't lugging that everywhere. So for him it will give him some convenience. Everyone is different.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-14-10 at 12:13 PM.
    06-14-10 11:55 AM
    The iPad is not a Laptop replacement.

A lot of people don't understand that.
    Exactly and apparently some people don't.
    06-14-10 11:56 AM
    It's not arguing, it's opinion. JUST as people like to express their opinion what makes an iPad useful, other CAN express their opinions as to it's uselessness.
    And that's true and I'm just wondering why people feel the need to restate both again? Just wondering because it was discussed over and over by lovers and haters alike and everyone is still saying the same thing......"It's convenient to use" and "If you have a smartphone and laptop, it's useless".
    06-14-10 11:57 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD