09-06-11 08:15 PM
27 12
tools
  1. LimeTripBlog's Avatar
    iSwifter is a free iPad Web Browser with built-in Flash Support. After you install it, you can play flash Games or browse any Flash content on the browser.

    I don't have an iPad, but those who have it don't neglect your Playbook.


    iSWiFTER for iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 09-05-11 at 05:17 AM.
    09-05-11 05:08 AM
  2. funkymonk's Avatar
    To bad it's not the real deal from adobe. but hey some people prefer diet coke over the real thing. Not me.
    09-05-11 06:27 AM
  3. Name_Taken's Avatar
    Imitation is flattery.
    09-05-11 06:36 AM
  4. Chrisy's Avatar
    I can't imagine not having a Flash browser. I won't go a phone that doesn't. It's handy!
    09-05-11 06:45 AM
  5. LimeTripBlog's Avatar
    Has anyone tried installing this app in their iPad, I'm just curious to know how this app works.
    09-05-11 06:52 AM
  6. xsacha's Avatar
    It's like Skyfire, Frash and all the other Flash attempts on iOS -- doesn't work very well!
    It's better than Skyfire but that's not hard.

    Still nothing like on Playbook.
    09-05-11 06:57 AM
  7. LimeTripBlog's Avatar
    Thanks for the info xsacha, I guess iPad users must be happy with this app.
    09-05-11 07:12 AM
  8. chasvs's Avatar
    Please go post this somewhere where someone just might give a damn!
    ericrangel76 and RVVillesis like this.
    09-05-11 08:35 AM
  9. TBacker's Avatar
    I'm thinking this has some variation of Flash-to-HTML5 code conversion built in, or remote rendering.

    It would be interesting to see if Apple would allow some type of virtualized browser with full flash (i.e. browser with flash would operate in it's own mini-environment on top of iOS) into the app store. Then we'd see if this was a religious campaign by Apple against flash, or if it was truly for technical and performance reasons.

    Also interesting that this is popular among iOS users when all iOS users are supposedly on the "We don't need no stinking Flash" bandwagon. This app should be a non-starter if that was the case.
    09-05-11 08:36 AM
  10. bounce007's Avatar
    Well Congratulations!
    09-05-11 08:46 AM
  11. joshua_sx1's Avatar
    Now, it makes me wonder... just imagine, if iPad has flash, as good as what PlayBook is having, what would happen to other tablets?...
    09-05-11 08:48 AM
  12. john dunbar's Avatar
    Are they allowed to be iHappy about this? Someone ask Steve to give an iReport on this.
    09-05-11 08:51 AM
  13. chiefbroski's Avatar
    This should be in the iOS section of the crackberry forums I think. But anyways, at least its something for the iPad crew.
    09-05-11 09:13 AM
  14. avt123's Avatar
    I can care less about flash. I have it on my Android devices and barely ever use it. If I wanted it already I would have jailbroken to get it or got skyfire.
    09-05-11 09:38 AM
  15. s219's Avatar
    Uh, iSwifter is already at version 4.1 -- it's been out a long time. This is not something new.
    09-05-11 09:42 AM
  16. jd914's Avatar
    Hopefully Steve Jobs took his childish vendetta with Adobe and Tim Cook doesn't follow in his footsteps. Skyfire absolutely sucks and takes forever to convert flash content. If Apple really wants to step up their game they will implement flash into mobile safari. Like Android there should be the option to disable it for those who don't want it. It's better to have it and have the option to not use it than not to have it at all. This is a major feature that makes iOS incomplete IMO.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-06-11 08:35 AM
  17. Chrisy's Avatar
    Agreed! Have the option there at least. Yes, Flash ads are annoying and Flash sometimes slows page loading. But some sites you need Flash browser to navigate and use.

    I would always rather have the option.
    09-06-11 09:00 AM
  18. aawilson's Avatar
    I've used this as well as Skyfire and some others and Photon for iP4. They "render" flash over remote servers, forget watching a long flash video though, also this iSwifter has an annoying screen that pops up between loading pages, very clumsy to go back while surfing. The best one I've used is Photon, haven't checked if this is for iPad, because I have a Playbook.
    09-06-11 04:21 PM
  19. avt123's Avatar
    Yea it would be cool to have it, but I would still care less. Screw flash. It is a security nightmare and there is usually ALWAYS something wrong with it.

    It would remain turned off on my device.
    09-06-11 04:26 PM
  20. aawilson's Avatar
    Yea it would be cool to have it, but I would still care less. Screw flash. It is a security nightmare and there is usually ALWAYS something wrong with it.

    It would remain turned off on my device.
    They "render" flash over remote servers.
    09-06-11 04:35 PM
  21. jd914's Avatar
    Yea it would be cool to have it, but I would still care less. Screw flash. It is a security nightmare and there is usually ALWAYS something wrong with it.

    It would remain turned off on my device.
    I guess I'm the only one on earth that has had zero issues with it. It always runs smooth and loads fast.

    As for my bank account and identity being compromised, it hasn't happened yet because of using Flash on my device.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-06-11 04:39 PM
  22. Chrisy's Avatar
    I haven't had any issue with flash on my device either.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 04:48 PM
  23. jd914's Avatar
    Agreed! Have the option there at least. Yes, Flash ads are annoying and Flash sometimes slows page loading. But some sites you need Flash browser to navigate and use.

    I would always rather have the option.
    In an age where most people spend most of their time on the internet through their smart phones, Flash isn't a novelty or curiosity, it's a must. IMO iOS is 99% incomplete without flash.

    This is not how the internet was meant to be viewed.

    09-06-11 04:56 PM
  24. avt123's Avatar
    They "render" flash over remote servers.
    I'm not talking about the app. I'm talking native.

    I guess I'm the only one on earth that has had zero issues with it. It always runs smooth and loads fast.

    As for my bank account and identity being compromised, it hasn't happened yet because of using Flash on my device.
    Interesting. You must be the only person on earth. Almost every other week there is a new article about something vulnerable with flash.

    My bank account hasn't been compromised either. Flash isn't always to blame for stolen bank IDs.

    In an age where most people spend most of their time on the internet through their smart phones, Flash isn't a novelty or curiosity, it's a must. IMO iOS is 99% incomplete without flash.

    This is not how the internet was meant to be viewed.

    99% incomplete? What the **** are you smoking? Pass it this way.

    If iOS is 99% incomplete because of not having flash, than that remaining 1% is seriously badass.

    Are you kidding me? No, you have to be. I guess people only want 1% of iOS since the iPhone 4 is still the top selling device on AT&T and VZW. That 1% must be greater that all of the Android devices on both carrier 100%s put together....

    http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/06/apples...phone-5-looms/

    99% incomplete...LMFAO.

    Only if flash makes up 99% of what you need, otherwise your logic is ridiculously flawed.
    09-06-11 05:06 PM
  25. jd914's Avatar
    I'm not talking about the app. I'm talking native.



    Interesting. You must be the only person on earth. Almost every other week there is a new article about something vulnerable with flash.

    My bank account hasn't been compromised either. Flash isn't always to blame for stolen bank IDs.



    99% incomplete? What the **** are you smoking? Pass it this way.

    If iOS is 99% incomplete because of not having flash, than that remaining 1% is seriously badass.

    Are you kidding me? No, you have to be. I guess people only want 1% of iOS since the iPhone 4 is still the top selling device on AT&T and VZW. That 1% must be greater that all of the Android devices on both carrier 100%s put together....

    Apple's iPhone 4 still top-selling smartphone at AT&T, Verizon as iPhone 5 looms

    99% incomplete...LMFAO.

    Only if flash makes up 99% of what you need, otherwise your logic is ridiculously flawed.
    I guess you didn't read the IMO which means "IN MY OPINION", I have my opinion and you have yours and I didn't bash you for yours. Now go step away from the computer or phone, calm down, have a seat and relax....sheesh!
    09-06-11 05:22 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD