Can someone please explain the fine print to me. It says this cable does mirroring with ipad 2 but not original ipad , but does output 720 video.

So what exactly does this mean?????? can I stream video from my original ipad to my TV? Also whats the deal with WHAT movies can I stream? Do they only stream APPLE videos or any video ? Does the 720 make a difference or do movies "adjust" . I know my HD tv makes it so any show I watch adjusts automatically.

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I am TECH CHALLENGED
    03-02-11 07:57 PM
    I'm kind of interested in knowing the limits of this cable as well since it is HDMI. I wonder if it could be used on an iPhone4 to output video. That would be cool... I guess we'll have to wait until someone tests it.
    03-02-11 08:02 PM
    Can someone please explain the fine print to me. It says this cable does mirroring with ipad 2 but not original ipad , but does output 720 video.

So what exactly does this mean?????? can I stream video from my original ipad to my TV? Also whats the deal with WHAT movies can I stream? Do they only stream APPLE videos or any video ? Does the 720 make a difference or do movies "adjust" . I know my HD tv makes it so any show I watch adjusts automatically.

"Put your slides, movies, photos, and everything else that fills your iPad 2 screen on an even bigger screen your HDTV. The Apple Digital AV Adapter mirrors exactly what you see on iPad 2 so that everyone in the room can enjoy it on your widescreen TV, video projection screen, or other HDMI-compatible display. The Apple Digital AV Adapter also supports video out for iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation)."

That's the description that is on Apple's site.
    03-03-11 10:48 AM
    "Put your slides, movies, photos, and everything else that fills your iPad 2 screen on an even bigger screen your HDTV. The Apple Digital AV Adapter mirrors exactly what you see on iPad 2 so that everyone in the room can enjoy it on your widescreen TV, video projection screen, or other HDMI-compatible display. The Apple Digital AV Adapter also supports video out for iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation)."

That's the description that is on Apple's site.

Well yeah ...that's what it says.... But it doesn't answer the question
    03-03-11 03:01 PM
    Well yeah ...that's what it says.... But it doesn't answer the question
    ANYTHING that is on your ipad will be shown on your tv. Your television will look exactly like your ipad and it can go up to 1080. Apple said that it will work with EVERY app from the app store, movies, tv shows, etc. Whether or not it will go 1080 in EVERY app or in your words "adjust" is still unknown at this point. So in summary everything will display but it is unknown at what specific quality.
    Does that answer your question?
    03-03-11 05:45 PM
    Nope! I asked about the original ipad with the new cable and wanted clear answers as to exact capabilities.
    Last edited by SandAngel; 03-04-11 at 03:56 PM.
    03-04-11 03:49 PM
    Nope! I asked about the origianal ipad with the cable.

Also...
    Your not paying attention cause in my first answer I answered that question "the Apple Digital AV Adapter also supports video out for iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation)." That means the original ipad.
    03-04-11 03:54 PM
    If anyone can answer my original post of questions without quoting the apple sight that would be great.
    Please see ORIGINAL POST and bear in mind that quoting the sight is not helpful . If you look at the original cable they came out with before this you will see a billion complaints as to how the site kind of left a few things out.
    03-07-11 08:15 AM
    What more are you looking for? I think everyone here has basically said that ALL VIDEO output from the Media Player will output to a TV no matter what it is. Basically, whatever the current RCA video cable adaptors can display, the new one will display as well, but over HDMI instead. ONLY the new iPad2 can do full mirroring (i.e. display the exact same screen on your TV as is on the iPad2), meaning that if you're on the icons screen, you'll see that, if you're in email, you'll see that, if you're on the web, you'll see that, if you're playing a game, you'll see that.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    03-07-11 09:57 AM
    If anyone can answer my original post of questions without quoting the apple sight that would be great.
    Please see ORIGINAL POST and bear in mind that quoting the sight is not helpful . If you look at the original cable they came out with before this you will see a billion complaints as to how the site kind of left a few things out.
    I suggest you do one of the things that I am about to mention:
    1. Buy the digital dv cable (on March 11th) and see if it works with your ipad. If it doesn't work return it.
    OR
    2. Wait until you see a review or two about the cable with the ipad and THEN go and buy it.

No one can really answer too many specific questions about this because it is not actually out yet (comes out March 11th) and there are no reviews on it, yet. That is why I referenced Apple's website.
    03-07-11 01:29 PM

Well if it says the original ipad is not supported then i guess you are out of luck. Mirroring shows exactly what you have on your ipad, in order words, it is the exact same image you are seeing on it.

You can watch the ipad 2 keynote on the apple website and you'll see that it is essentially like hooking your laptop to a lcd monitor. The thing i noticed though was that mirroring does not make use of the full tv screen but about 2/3s. It's like watching a dvd movie with the black stripes at the top and bottom.
    Last edited by dcgore; 03-07-11 at 02:22 PM.
    SandAngel likes this.
    03-07-11 02:20 PM
    Thanks Dcgore for making it simply what I asked
    Last edited by SandAngel; 03-07-11 at 02:25 PM.
    03-07-11 02:23 PM
    Thanks Dcgore for making it simply what I asked
    Yes, because it's not exactly what everyone else kept saying... lol
    03-07-11 04:46 PM
    Yes, because it's not exactly what everyone else kept saying... lol
    Exactly! But I guess we didn't explain it "simple" enough. Lol.
    03-07-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD