I do not know which section to ask for help, so please excuse me.

I was wondering if you can sync pocket informant between different OS. For example, lets say I have pocket informant on my Ipad and also on my blackberry. Is there a way for both of them to sync together?

I want the capability of adding task and events on my ipad and have it to transfer to my blackberry automatically. And vice versa
    03-26-11 11:46 AM
    There's no way to have them directly sync between them.

For calendar events, I simply sync with google calendar with both.

For tasks, I have toodledo. Pocket informant on ipad and blackberry both sync with toodledo so when you add a task on one, it uploads it to toodledo and the other will download it. Pocket informant also syncs directly with google for calendar items too.
    contender likes this.
    03-26-11 12:27 PM
    There's no way to have them directly sync between them.

For calendar events, I simply sync with google calendar with both.

For tasks, I have toodledo. Pocket informant on ipad and blackberry both sync with toodledo so when you add a task on one, it uploads it to toodledo and the other will download it. Pocket informant also syncs directly with google for calendar items too.
    Do you know the time lapse between synchronization? Is it instantaneously or within 15 mins at least? As for tasks, I am assuming you are using Taskjot to accomplish this, since we cant import gmail task directly to blackberry.
    03-26-11 12:46 PM
    For the record, I don't have a blackberry anymore. I did use pocketinformant on the blackberry for tasks as well as events.

As for how often, you can set the timing from at startup only, 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins and up.

For the ipad/iphone you have an option to allow you to shake to sync so you give the device a little shake and then you trigger a sync.

The thing is, with multitasking it will stay resident in memory and sync in the background.
    contender likes this.
    03-26-11 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD