And it's probably the worst name ever!

Plus, Mad TV already came up with that name!

01-27-10 01:13 PM
    and not that impressive AND their gonna have the 3g service on AT&T....i thought their network was already being eaten alive by the iphones data hogging self?
    01-27-10 01:17 PM
    Where is Verizon.. LMAO!
    01-27-10 01:22 PM
    Yawn...not a bad device, kind of cool...but why would I want to lug around 10" of glass? I would rather just get a laptop.
    01-27-10 01:27 PM
    I dunno, im sure people will buy it.

Ive never seen a 10" or more laptop thats 1.5 pounds though, even netbooks are 3lbs+

Im sure there's an audience for it and its not priced badly either really, $820 or under for any model and if you dont need 3G and just WIFI theyre like $5-700. Remember a full price without carrier subsidy 32gb iphone is almost $700 as is. So what youre getting with a 1ghz processor and 10" screen isnt a bad price

Its a cool device if I had money to blow Id get one but my iphone does what I need and a 13" $2000 Dell laptop.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-27-10 at 01:34 PM.
    01-27-10 01:29 PM
    Exactly, your iPhone does what you need...why get an iPad than? That's my concern, I have my BlackBerry and an iPod Touch, I don't need anything more. But hey, that's just me. I don't need or really want a device from the middle grounds of laptops and phones.
    01-27-10 01:35 PM
    It does come unlocked, you do not need to use AT&T's data. However you will need a new micro sim, steve said. I'm really iffy about this, an iPhone can do almost everything mentioned in the press conference so I don't see the point other than a larger screen. There isn't even a camera in there which most people would've liked, myself included. It makes me just want to sit and wait for a price drop when the next model will come out in probably a year and they will have added a camera like the MacBooks. I don't really get why they decided to make a Wifi only device and 3G+Wifi device.. I would've just made one or the other. I know it was probably to make it affordable but I would've just made one device, save on production costs and then passed on those savings to cut the price.

I was really impressed with the data plans though, very attractive price points and I love the fact that we can access the plans through the device itself and there is absolutely NO commitment! Very, very happy about that.

How about everyone else, thoughts?? Good Apple invention? Bad one?
    01-27-10 01:35 PM
    Again I think its a good idea. I dont see it being a 10 million seller, but no one thought theyd sell them at $600 plus and the first iphone sold millions too.

I think the prepaid data is a great idea for it though, thats a good deal if you dont need 3G every month and would rather use WIFI some months to save $

I see it as more of a tinkering gadget then anyone HAS to have or will carry with them daily- like an iphone because its your phone too afterall. But again, cool device and if I had extra money sitting around I wanted to blow Id get one.
    01-27-10 01:41 PM
    I will not be getting one.. MacBook Pro 13" for me this Sat..
    01-27-10 01:41 PM
    Not getting this Apple toy BUT, at least it is good to see Apple trying to be revolutionary and innovative. More than we can say for RIM right now, right?
    01-27-10 01:45 PM
    No doubt, its a really cool device but not everyone will find it practical.

Im sure people will buy it and some have a need for a super lightweight device with a big screen to travel with.

As you said though its very innovative and the new OS polish with popup menus, calendar, email, etc is pretty nice. I hope that comes to the iphone this year too.
    01-27-10 01:48 PM
    I will not be getting one.. MacBook Pro 13" for me this Sat..
    You got mine 2 days ago and I'm loving it.
    That iPAD is a total POS
    Last edited by C0bra K0mmander; 01-27-10 at 01:53 PM.
    01-27-10 01:51 PM
    You just mine 2 days ago and I'm loving it.
    That iPAD is a total POS
    Just doesn't seem practical.. to each his own I guess. I'm excited about the MacBook...
    01-27-10 01:52 PM
    This thing will tank. Its basically a larger Touch.
    01-27-10 01:53 PM
    I am sure there will be a market down the road for it. To be honest i just think this thing is aiming to Ebook readers, apple will be getting 30 percent of that revenue according to the wall street journal. The AT&T news were surprising given all the coimplaints about it. This makes me believe that VZ may not see an iphone and i think the whole google rivalry has something to do with it. (Nexus one comes to vz this spring).
    01-27-10 01:54 PM
    You heard it here first.. the iPad will go away in about 2-3 years.
    01-27-10 01:56 PM
    Just doesn't seem practical.. to each his own I guess. I'm excited about the MacBook...
    I dont see myself ever going back to windows at least on my personal laptops. They gave me a bunch of discounts too for being a state employee.
    01-27-10 01:57 PM
    Where is Verizon.. LMAO!
    Looks like Verizon will never get any love from Apple. All those rumors going around about the iPad/iSlate/iTablet being on Verizon....iPhone finally coming to us on a CDMA network, yea ok.lol It shows by their actions that they will be involved with Atnt and only Atnt. Us Verizon users are just going to have to be happy with those "iPhone Killer" smartphones lol
    01-27-10 02:02 PM
    so by your logic, nobody needs a tv larger then a 13" because a 55" or less is the same thing, just larger. people just love to hate.
    01-27-10 02:02 PM
    if they dont offer insurance for iphone screens, then they probably wont for ipad screens... so just imagine how much a new screen for this thing will cost!!! pass on this one lol
    01-27-10 02:04 PM
    so by your logic, nobody needs a tv larger then a 13" because a 55" or less is the same thing, just larger. people just love to hate.
    Very good point!
    01-27-10 02:04 PM
    Of course, the next round of comments will be jealousy since VZW gets no love after all the rumors.

So here comes the baseless bashing since they dont even have the choice to get one on their carrier Its a never ending destructive cycle year after year for some of these people.

also remember this does iWork and ebooks too (who knows if this will come to the next iphone) so its a little more functionality then the iphone offers, like Jobs said more in between an iphone and a laptop.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-27-10 at 02:09 PM.
    01-27-10 02:06 PM
    Of course, the next round of comments will be jealousy since VZW gets no love after all the rumors.

So here comes the baseless bashing since they dont even have the choice to get one on their carrier Its a never ending destructive cycle year after year for some of these people.

also remember this does iWork and ebooks too (who knows if this will come to the next iphone) so its a little more functionality then the iphone offers, like Jobs said more in between an iphone and a laptop.
    hahaha. yeah it's just sad, why is everything a war or childish tantrum. If you hate apple then great, **** I hate apple, but a good product is a good product. This is going to have people trying to one up them the way they did with the iphone. To down it because you see it as just a larger counterpart to an already existing item is just weird. I've never seen so many people either in denial or trying to make excuses to justify why they will not buy a product.
    01-27-10 02:25 PM
    hahaha. yeah it's just sad, why is everything a war or childish tantrum. If you hate apple then great, **** I hate apple, but a good product is a good product. This is going to have people trying to one up them the way they did with the iphone. To down it because you see it as just a larger counterpart to an already existing item is just weird. I've never seen so many people either in denial or trying to make excuses to justify why they will not buy a product.
    I'm not gonna lie, it is a nice looking device and the idea is prime, but, it really doesn't have a definitive place in the market. The only people I see who will have a need for this are those who are art oriented or even architects that don't already have laptops or net-books. This device would be perfect for showing and/or modifying blueprints if someone (has) created the app for it. But, I do take issue with your last sentence, I don't think everyone is in denial, or is trying to justify not buying the product, but rather, we can't justify why to buy the product. I already have a laptop, with Vista and OSX on it, a desktop pc with Win 7 on it, a XBOX 360, and a PS3 and I'm finding it hard to actually find a place where this iPad will fit in.

Games? Well, I've got that covered with 2 computers, the xbox and ps3. wont be able to really fit in gametime on the iPad, is sub-10 inch screen just wouldnt compare to my 55 inch lcd tv or my 42 inch computer "monitor" (really lcd tv), or 17 inch drop down monitor in my avalanche which can connect to either my xbox or ps3.

Internet? Likewise, computer screens have it beat, ps3 with bluetooth keyboard has it beat. And Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 is much more than enough to meet my mobile "needs" and I could use Opera on the go while I'm not quite sure how that would work with the iPad. One would assume it would be hard to walk around and use it at the same time or even use it while driving. The latter already an extremely dangerous task.

Media? Same as internet, but also xbox has it beat.

I think you can see where I'm going here, there is literally no aspect of the iPad that would allow it to enter my home or lifestyle, I already have everything it can do covered with other machines and I suspect that most, if not all, other people also have the areas where this may be useful covered by other machines. There simply is no reasoning that would "seal the deal" on me buying the iPad. And I would go so far to say that if I did ever buy the iPad, it would become nothing more than a placeholder or over-sized paperweight in my home which is really unfortunate as it is a nice product.

In closing, I'd like you to know I'm not trying to start an argument, but merely trying to show you my point of view which most likely is shared by many.

As a side note, I don't really care if any i-device comes to Verizon unless Apple puts a click screen on the iPhone, which is really the only feature keeping me from moving to ATT. I love my Storm for the same reason I bought it, and it just so happens to be the only thing the iPhone can't do. Go figure.
    01-27-10 03:03 PM
    01-27-10 03:19 PM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD