What do you think?

The mini looks good, I'm liking this diamond cut chamfer they're adding to the bezel. Same resolution as the iPad 2 and 53% lighter.
    10-23-12 01:13 PM
    They both look really good. It was smart to keep the resolution the same with the iPad Mini.

The new iMac is really nice looking too.
    10-23-12 01:15 PM
    iPad 4 and iPad Mini-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351016517.576074.jpg

Nice looking.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 01:22 PM
    Yeah. The iMac is good looking. Deceptively thin.

10-23-12 01:23 PM
    I normally don't get surprised by Apple products, but the new iMac caught my attention.

iPad mini and iPad 4. Not at all
    10-23-12 01:24 PM
    I like the iPad mini, probably more than the 4th generation iPad. I wanted to see a similar resolution of the iPad 2, LTE connectivity, 16-64 GB models and much lighter while keeping the same battery life. My wishes have come true. I'll preorder for sure. Perfect for traveling.
    10-23-12 01:26 PM
    That 13" MacBook is a bomb though...intel HD graphics pushing 4 million pixels? Not likely, and that's before you add any external displays.
    Loving the look of the mini though, even if its not practical for me.
    10-23-12 02:13 PM
    ipad owners really got screwed over with that retna model. just short few months and it is already outdated. but the best part is that apple new products are not so exciting as they used to. apple comparing ipad mini with google nexus by name. wow. apple needs to feel heat.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-23-12 02:30 PM
    Anyone who feels screwed doesn't understand technology at all.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-23-12 02:32 PM
    ipad owners really got screwed over with that retna model. just short few months and it is already outdated. but the best part is that apple new products are not so exciting as they used to. apple comparing ipad mini with google nexus by name. wow. apple needs to feel heat.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Good post.

mikeo007 and olliegrl like this.
    10-23-12 03:50 PM
    i really wish the resolution was better. That is really the only place the specs are lacking. Price is a little high but not 499 either. It will sell but i am sure this could have been much better
    10-23-12 03:55 PM
    I can understand the Mini, but the 4? Wtf? Seriously, didn't they just come out with the "New"? Isn't redundancy with no real significant OS changes what helped RIM fall?

Btw, the new Macs, sweet!!
    10-23-12 05:16 PM
    I can understand the Mini, but the 4? Wtf? Seriously, didn't they just come out with the "New"? Isn't redundancy with no real significant OS changes what helped RIM fall?

Btw, the new Macs, sweet!!
    They want to move all their products to the new components, obviously. I'm sure to lower manufacturing costs.

Sent from a phone of some kind.
    10-23-12 05:29 PM
    So basically..... it's a reduced sized iPad 2 with a thinner bezel for $70 less. Good nuff. I'm getting one.
    10-23-12 06:00 PM
    iPad mini 2 with retina display in 6 to 12 months would be my guess

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    10-23-12 06:06 PM
    iPad mini 2 with retina display in 6 to 12 months would be my guess

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    6-12 months is probably guaranteed. Nothing wrong with that. Beats a 2-3 year wait for a new device

Sent from my 4s
    10-24-12 03:50 PM
    6-12 months is probably guaranteed. Nothing wrong with that. Beats a 2-3 year wait for a new device

Sent from my 4s
    I see what you did there!
    10-24-12 08:59 PM
    Issue that seems to be coming up with iPad Mini is that Apple is building a new device with hardware from a device over a year and a half old (iPad 2), which only 6 months ago they derided as being old hat when they released the 'New iPad'.

(No irony lost on the fact that the iPad 2 survived the latest update, but the New didn't. But I digress...)

Then, to this dated hardware, you then add the usual Apple Tax, which while competitive to the Company's own products, is excessive when compared to the competition. I guess Apple is hoping that the competition doesn't get its act together and offer a cohesive user environment / app store experience or that current users of their iDevices don't relish the hassle of moving to another platform.

I have no real plans to chuck my iPad 2 anytime soon, but a smaller, capable tablet is certainly something I'd look at when the time comes. Question is, will the Mini still be around and/or be competitively priced with current tech rig when I do?
    10-25-12 06:47 AM
    Issue that seems to be coming up with iPad Mini is that Apple is building a new device with hardware from a device over a year and a half old (iPad 2), which only 6 months ago they derided as being old hat when they released the 'New iPad'.

(No irony lost on the fact that the iPad 2 survived the latest update, but the New didn't. But I digress...)

Then, to this dated hardware, you then add the usual Apple Tax, which while competitive to the Company's own products, is excessive when compared to the competition. I guess Apple is hoping that the competition doesn't get its act together and offer a cohesive user environment / app store experience or that current users of their iDevices don't relish the hassle of moving to another platform.

I have no real plans to chuck my iPad 2 anytime soon, but a smaller, capable tablet is certainly something I'd look at when the time comes. Question is, will the Mini still be around and/or be competitively priced with current tech rig when I do?
    I am sure they understand your concerns but it will not affect sales. I will predict that the mini will go on to be the best-selling iPad ever.

Sent from my 4s
    10-25-12 06:51 AM
    Why would you think it will be the best selling ever? What I've read from most apple fans on here for months and months is that the pb is too small so now that Apple has one everyone will change their mind and it will be the best selling ever?

Just shows humans change their mind with the weather. I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.
    10-25-12 06:59 AM
    Why would you think it will be the best selling ever? What I've read from most apple fans on here for months and months is that the pb is too small so now that Apple has one everyone will change their mind and it will be the best selling ever?

Just shows humans change their mind with the weather. I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.
    This is my opinion, not the opinion of others. I've never said the playbook is too small (I owned two of them), I have never said 7" is too small therefore I have not changed my mind. Research a little before casting aspersions.

Sent from my 4s
    10-25-12 07:03 AM
    Sorry xander did I say you in particular? No, I'm sure you've seen the many comments on the pb being too small.
    10-25-12 07:08 AM
    Sorry xander did I say you in particular? No, I'm sure you've seen the many comments on the pb being too small.
    Honestly, the opinions of a handful of fanatics doesn't interest me. I'm open minded enough to know that the 7-8" form factor is perfect for a tablet. I personally do like my ipad2 and I'm not looking to replace it yet but when I do it'll likely be with the mini.

Only time will tell how well it sells but I think the general public will pick the mini over the iPad in rather large numbers.

Sent from my 4s
    10-25-12 07:15 AM
    Interesting. I guess time will tell. I was just curious why someone would think they will out sell the original size iPad, especially an apple fan. I do prefer the smaller size for most of what my use is but sometimes when at home I think something a little larger would be nice.

I don't really want 2 tablets though.
    10-25-12 07:39 AM
    Seems if you bought your iPad "3" in the past 30 days, some Apple stores will let you exchange it for the new one.

Peeved? Apple will exchange your 3rd-gen iPad for the newer model | How To - CNET

Also, Craig Ferguson on the iPad mini. Funny joke about 8 inches.

Craig Ferguson - iPad Mini - YouTube
    10-25-12 12:04 PM
38 12