thinner
    lighter
    front-facing camera
    faster processor
    more memory
    more powerful graphics processor
    etc

Apple's New iPad in Production - WSJ.com

So will the PlayBook go to Sprint as well as T-Mobile to balance out the universe?
    02-08-11 05:00 PM
    thinner
    lighter
    front-facing camera
    faster processor
    more memory
    etc

So will the PlayBook go to Sprint as well as T-Mobile to balance out the universe?
    This can't be right, not a very compelling device. Will wait for more details.
    02-08-11 05:11 PM
    thinner
    lighter
    front-facing camera
    faster processor
    more memory
    etc

The PlayBook will make it's way to all 4 major carriers in the U.S. and others abroad.
    02-08-11 05:28 PM
    It is going to be an interesting spring.

Can't wait to see this section when all of these things drop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CASH likes this.
    02-08-11 05:31 PM
    This can't be right, not a very compelling device. Will wait for more details.
    Not sure what you were expecting, given the strength of their current position in the tablet market, it was always likely that the ipad2 was going to be a thinner, lighter ipad1 with more memory (current ipad even has less than iphone4) and cameras for facetime, all these rumours about retina displays didn't take into account how much those dispays would cost nor the resolution of competing devices.
    02-08-11 11:45 PM
    I really hate to say this but the playbook is never gonna compete with the ipad. Nor will the xoom or any other tablet. Ipad is already so ingrained into the masses as being what a tablet is no other will have a chance. I'm not saying that no other tablet can or will be better. I'm saying they did it first at least to many and they did it well. Kinda of like when you think of "American" you might think apple pie. If that makes any sense.

02-09-11 01:12 AM
    Wow, they're behind in specs. Most already have dual cams (android). But it's locked down and dependent on the app store. Needs jailbreaking to be fully used (lol)

02-09-11 02:56 AM
    WSJ was pretty on point with the Verizon iPhone leaks.
    CASH likes this.
    02-09-11 09:10 AM
    I really hate to say this but the playbook is never gonna compete with the ipad. Nor will the xoom or any other tablet. Ipad is already so ingrained into the masses as being what a tablet is no other will have a chance. I'm not saying that no other tablet can or will be better. I'm saying they did it first at least to many and they did it well. Kinda of like when you think of "American" you might think apple pie. If that makes any sense.

I have to agree here. The iPad has been out long enough now that when someone thinks tablet they automatically think iPad. Through advertisements Apple has been shoved down our throats so much it's got lots of people brainwashed that Apple is better than all others.
    02-09-11 09:26 AM
    I have to agree here. The iPad has been out long enough now that when someone thinks tablet they automatically think iPad.
    Yeah it's kind of like when someone says "I'll fedex it tomorrow" or "can you xerox these". Doesn't mean they will send via fedex but it has become synonymous with shipping something fast and xeroxing has become synonymous with making copies. iPad is like that with the tablet marker. When people who don't really follow the latest in tech see some that resembles an iPad they assume that's what it is. Apple's biggest strength is brand recognition. All the Android stuff is blurred. I'd imagine most general consumers didn't know Android was by Google unless someone told them. They have no real brand recognition for their product. When you think of Apple people automatically think of their products. Say google to someone and they think about the search engine.
    02-09-11 10:00 AM
    I know it was reported a while ago that this iPad may have USB ports and you can sync your iPhone with it and load other stuff and save on disk drive and stuff. I hope this is true because my wife and I share a laptop now. #1 it's a PC and I'm not a big fan. 2# Sharing a laptop with 2 iPhone is brutal because we like different music, I sync sometimes and end up with her pictures etc... I just don't like it. I would love for the iPad to be able to operate closer to a computer so it would be mine and she can stay on her laptop.
    02-09-11 10:03 AM
    I've been waiting on the iPad 2 with cash in hand and I want them to release it soon! I decided against the first iPad due to only having 256mb of RAM so I'm hoping they put 1GB in the iPad 2. I could care less about cameras on it. It's been tempting to jump on one lately but I'm still holding out.
    02-09-11 11:06 AM
    Will the front facing camera only be for FaceTime or is Skype also a possibility?
    02-09-11 01:22 PM
    Will the front facing camera only be for FaceTime or is Skype also a possibility?
    I would guess if you can use the FFC for skype on the iPhone you'd be able to use it on the iPad when the appropriate updates are made.
    02-09-11 02:08 PM
    I know it was reported a while ago that this iPad may have USB ports and you can sync your iPhone with it and load other stuff and save on disk drive and stuff. I hope this is true because my wife and I share a laptop now. #1 it's a PC and I'm not a big fan. 2# Sharing a laptop with 2 iPhone is brutal because we like different music, I sync sometimes and end up with her pictures etc... I just don't like it. I would love for the iPad to be able to operate closer to a computer so it would be mine and she can stay on her laptop.
    APPLE wants you to buy another Computer and sync one iphone/ipod touch to one computer only..
    and YES i own a lot of APPLE products.. i just hate it when they control stuff like this..
    and that everything has to go through I-tunes.
    (
    02-09-11 02:13 PM
    APPLE wants you to buy another Computer and sync one iphone/ipod touch to one computer only..
    and YES i own a lot of APPLE products.. i just hate it when they control stuff like this..
    and that everything has to go through I-tunes.
    (
    Yeah I agree. I am used to having my own laptop but I sold it a few months ago. I had my stuff and she had hers. But now we have to share so it is kinda a pain. Having said that, I don't like drag and drop method on SD cards either. I wish that you could have to profiles on iTunes so when I log in with my Apple ID, all my playlists and stuff pops up and the same for hers. That would solve that issue.
    02-09-11 03:27 PM
    Yeah I agree. I am used to having my own laptop but I sold it a few months ago. I had my stuff and she had hers. But now we have to share so it is kinda a pain. Having said that, I don't like drag and drop method on SD cards either. I wish that you could have to profiles on iTunes so when I log in with my Apple ID, all my playlists and stuff pops up and the same for hers. That would solve that issue.
    I'm not sure what OS you guys have, but you should be using your own user accounts on that laptop. Problem solved.
    02-09-11 06:58 PM
    Wow, they're behind in specs. Most already have dual cams (android). But it's locked down and dependent on the app store. Needs jailbreaking to be fully used (lol)

That never stopped the iPhone.
    02-09-11 07:00 PM
    Say google to someone and they think about the search engine.
    Google is in the dictionary.
    02-09-11 07:02 PM
    Moderator who moved this: come forward.
    02-09-11 07:32 PM
    Unless the iPad2 has a higher resolution screen than what the current model has, I'll pass.
    02-09-11 08:20 PM
    and now rumors of iPad 3 coming fall 2011
    02-11-11 05:41 PM
    and now rumors of iPad 3 coming fall 2011
    Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't believe it.
    02-11-11 05:56 PM
    Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't believe it.
    When it comes from CX, I believe it. I heard it from him first
    02-11-11 06:03 PM
    I'm bopping along just fine on the IPAD I have. The only
    distraction for me is no FLASH player. I could really care less about the whole camera deal. Mine is also fast enough for me, light enough for me and thin enough for me. And I have yet to come close to filling the memory up since I don't download movies or tons of music. . I have tons of apps and books and the thing still whizzes along great.
    02-11-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD