TAIPEI, Taiwan — Electronics maker Foxconn Technology Group says the death toll in an explosion at its factory in southwestern China has risen from two to three.

The Taipei-based company also said in a statement late Sunday that local authorities had determined in their preliminary findings that Friday’s accident at its Chengdu complex was caused by “an explosion of combustible dust in a duct.” On Saturday, a local official said there was no evidence showing the explosion, which also injured 15 people, was sparked deliberately.

Foxconn is the world’s biggest contract electronics manufacturer and makes iPads and iPhones for Apple Inc.

Last year, Foxconn scrambled to improve conditions at its plants after a string of worker suicides.
    05-22-11 11:45 PM
    and this is related to the playbook how?
    05-23-11 12:11 AM
    Sorry, I used the wrong tag. I hope RIM can go in to production with better working conditions than this. This kind of accident for the playbook, now if it happened, would have critics of RIM hitting them a lot harder than apple critics.
    05-23-11 12:16 AM
    This kind of accident for the playbook, now if it happened, would have critics of RIM hitting them a lot harder than apple critics.
    And your evidence of this is what exactly?
    05-23-11 12:48 AM
    Critics were bias, and extremely down on the playbook for the smallest things. ie, the power button. This is just an opinion and even if I were an a hole, I would still be entitled to my own opinion.
    05-23-11 01:29 AM
    Critics were bias, and extremely down on the playbook for the smallest things. ie, the power button. This is just an opinion and even if I were an a hole, I would still be entitled to my own opinion.
    I completely agree with you and anyone that follows the playbook would also.
    buwee likes this.
    05-23-11 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD