So looking for some guidance- made the mistake of playing with the ipad today and now I have to have it... Trying to decide which size to get- I am leaning towards the 16 gig one but dont want to regret not getting the 32 one down the road- I have the ipod touch 8 gig and have almost 5 gigs left. would probably watch stuff thru netflix and not keep any movies on it. Any advice??
    05-09-10 08:01 PM
    You will regret the 16 Gig. I bought a 32 Gig and was amazed at how disappointed I would have been with a 16.
    05-09-10 08:32 PM
    You will regret the 16 Gig. I bought a 32 Gig and was amazed at how disappointed I would have been with a 16.
    Hmm I was hoping people would say 16... How much memory have you blown thru so far? do you have a lot of video on it?
    05-09-10 08:46 PM
    So looking for some guidance- made the mistake of playing with the ipad today and now I have to have it... Trying to decide which size to get- I am leaning towards the 16 gig one but dont want to regret not getting the 32 one down the road- I have the ipod touch 8 gig and have almost 5 gigs left. would probably watch stuff thru netflix and not keep any movies on it. Any advice??
    It really depends on what you are going to do with your iPad. If you are going to store a ton of music and movies on it then I would say to get the 32. On the other hand you don't seem to keep that much music on your iTouch so the 16 might be good for you. What is the main thing that you would use the iPad for anyway? If it is just web browsing and watching NF instant movies then the memory is not that big of a deal.
    05-10-10 01:20 AM
    It really depends on what you are going to do with your iPad. If you are going to store a ton of music and movies on it then I would say to get the 32. On the other hand you don't seem to keep that much music on your iTouch so the 16 might be good for you. What is the main thing that you would use the iPad for anyway? If it is just web browsing and watching NF instant movies then the memory is not that big of a deal.
    I plan on using it to surf the net and download apps for the most part- thats why I thought that the 16 would be plenty- I dont plan on putting music on it- not much anyway. the occasional crackberry podcast etc. Also dont want to regret not going with the 32 later.
    Last edited by phreddyl; 05-10-10 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-10-10 07:05 AM
    16GB is plenty for me. There are certain things on there that I don't do with my iPhone. For instance, I don't use it to listen to music so the 5gb of music on my iphone doesn't take up space on my iPad.
    05-10-10 09:28 AM
    I was more or less in the same position and pre-ordered (Europe) the 16gb model - still have 5gb on the iPhone left plus just bought an iPod. My main resource will be ebooks, surfing the odd app so should more than plenty - enjoy yours
    05-10-10 10:20 AM
    For me, I know i'm going to end up with a Jailbreak.... Therefore nothing other than 32GB will do
    05-10-10 10:37 AM
    I had pre-ordered a 16gb wi-fi. On the day of the release, I went to the Apple Store, played with it briefly and then requested a 32gb which was available and don't regret the extra $100. I didn't want the have to worry about storage capacity. I've only thrown about 1gb of music on it. (I use a touch or ipod for my music library.) Most of the other content is apps, videos and photos. Some Ipad-specific apps and content take up more memory (i.e. the "Elements" book). On a side note, waiting for the 3G versions never crossed my mind. I had the iPad connected to a Palm Pre Plus with the mobile hotspot which worked great. I'm hoping that the feature will be enabled on the HTC Incredible or looking for apps/hacks...
    05-10-10 10:43 AM
    Honestly, $100 for double the memory shouldn't be passed up. I vote 32.
    05-12-10 02:05 AM
    Get the 32. I bought the 16 gb at first and blew threw that in two days. I was able to return with no restocking fee and lucked up and found someone selling a 32gb on Craigslist brand new with the apple case for the retail price throwing the case in for free. Go 32 you'll be glad you did.
    05-12-10 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD