Hey I'm new to the whole ip4 and jail breaking. Whats does it do for the phone, and can you jailbreak 02. I don't believe there is one yet. can anyone help thanks in advance
    08-25-10 09:59 PM
    No... the exploit that was used is actually blocked with the
    update.
    08-25-10 11:28 PM
    Jailbreaking lets you do A LOT of things to your iPhone that Apple and the App Store won't.

Through Cydia and Rock, which are like 'unofficial' App Stores, you can gain all kinds of new functionality, themes, games etc through free and paid apps.

It's MY phone. I should be able to do what I want with it. I should not be chained to Apples way of doing things.
    08-26-10 05:32 AM
    Jailbreakme.com was used but the new update now prevents that. There are ways to downgrade the ios but it seems a little difficult. I'm sure someone will find a work around fo this and allow jailbreaking on the new ios. I agree completely... It's your phone, your data plan, use it how you want. I have both an iPhone 3GS and bb 9700. I love them both for different reasons. I did the ios update to 4.0.2 and wished I had not so I could have jailbroken it pretty easily. I don't feel comfortable trying the ios downgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 06:27 AM
    I actually had to downgrade my phone to jailbreak it and found a simple way to do so. I haven't had any problems with it. 4.0.2 froze my phone every couple minutes.

I'd post the link but it wont let me for lack of posts. I googled "downgrade 4.0.2 fast" and got a link to modmyi. It involves downloading OS 4.0 and then going into iTunes and right clicking restore and it opens a window to select that file.
    08-26-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD