I am sorry to say but I really like the look of the IP 3GS better than the IP4 and for now anyway are able to download the new OS with almost all the same features other than the one I know of which is the camera feature because the IP4 has the camera on the front and 3GS doesn't, sad but really I will live...

I can't wait for the next Iphone to come out and see what it looks like! My plan is to get a new phone every other time a new one comes out...not a bad plan if I ask myself lol and couldn't afford a new one everytime anyways!

Am I right to assume the new OS 4 will come out the 24th or what ever when the phone it self comes out?!?

Can't wait
    06-16-10 05:32 PM
    iOS 4 comes out on the 21st of this month.

i4 comes out on the 24th of this month.

You aren't the only one who likes the 3Gs
    aesthetics over the i4, but I'm not one of
    them. At first, I said "eww, has to be a
    prototype", but after seeing more leaked
    shots and after the keynote, I really
    started to dig the new look.
    06-16-10 05:42 PM
    IMO the 3G/3GS were starting to look old gen already.

The only previous model I LOVEDDD was the 2G.

It looked like a high end phone.

iPhone 4 is a welcome change from the 3G/3GS line IMO.

I loved the 2G mostly because it matched my MacBook Pro though.
    06-16-10 05:50 PM
    @ OP, Why you think Ip3s is better then Ip4? I just curious..
    06-16-10 05:50 PM

Were on the same exact page here. When I saw the leaked photos I was like ummm well. But after seeing the keynote and the video on it I'm liking it a lot.
    06-16-10 06:18 PM
    I like how it looks.
    06-16-10 06:24 PM

I can't wait for the next Iphone to come out and see what it looks like! My plan is to get a new phone every other time a new one comes out...not a bad plan if I ask myself lol and couldn't afford a new one everytime anyways!
    My guess is that an iPhone in 2011 design will be very similar to iPhone 4. I don't think they will make a large physical design change in one year. Probably hardware upgrades much like the 3G > 3GS.
    06-16-10 07:00 PM
    OK..Thanks for all the responses

The more I look at the phone its starting to grow on me, I was just thinking it kinda looks like all of the other smart phones out there that are "square" and what not.

I am jealous that it has the video chat, and Its the same price I just paid for my 16gb two months ago. I ran over my BB and didnt want to wait 2 months to get a new phone...

But I also like that it has flash, and a few more hours on things like internet, and auto playback...

I am super excited to hear the OS comes out on the 21st thanks I cant wait!!!!!!
    06-16-10 10:15 PM

I know absolutely nothing about iPhone so, can I assume iOS4 can be installed on a 3GS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 07:57 AM
    The design on the iPhone 4 is good IMO. I can't tell if I like it more than the 3G/3GS's design but it's a nice change. Only thing I dislike about the design is how thin it is.
    Last edited by fearmychickens; 06-17-10 at 08:16 AM.
    06-17-10 08:11 AM
    can I assume iOS4 can be installed on a 3GS
    Yes. See "Compatibility" section on Apple - iPhone - New features in the iOS 4 Software Update.

Only thing I dislike about the [iphone 4] design is how thin it is.
    Funny, that's one of the things I like the most.
    06-17-10 08:48 AM
    I know absolutely nothing about iPhone so, can I assume iOS4 can be installed on a 3GS?

Yes it can be installed.
    06-17-10 08:48 AM
    I would love the iPhone 4 but if I have the OS 4 on my 3GS I'll survive. For now. Hehe.

06-17-10 01:25 PM
    I with Duvi on this. When I saw the leaked shots on Giz I really did not like it. But now that I have seen the real deal at the Keynote I really like the new look of the i4. I also do not see Apple changing the design much for the next iPhone but since my upgrade is not till 8/11 I guess I will have to wait and see. I just can't justify paying 399.99 for the 16 gig.
    06-17-10 02:17 PM
    I with Duvi on this. When I saw the leaked shots on Giz I really did not like it. But now that I have seen the real deal at the Keynote I really like the new look of the i4. I also do not see Apple changing the design much for the next iPhone but since my upgrade is not till 8/11 I guess I will have to wait and see. I just can't justify paying 399.99 for the 16 gig.
    I was going to add a line to get one but once i did the math it's just cheaper to buy one for $399 and with the fact my 3GS is currently pulling over $200 on ebay... i can justify it even more.. so I'm really still getting it for $199 so why not I don't wanna wait til 5/2011 lol
    06-17-10 03:52 PM
    Coming over from the blackberry world, I wonder if it might be just as well to see if I can get a decent used 3GS real cheap on craigslist or ebay at the end of next week, upgrade it to iOS4, and wait two or three months before moving to the iPhone 4?

I'd avoid any initial production run issues, the accessories market would be better developed, and maybe get a white one just to be different?

I'd also get a chance to see if I still liked the UI after living with it a couple weeks without having locked into a contract renew.

Thoughts? Has Apple had many first-run issues with earlier iPhone models?
    Last edited by lj; 06-17-10 at 04:08 PM.
    06-17-10 04:04 PM
    If it were cheap plastic on both sides and painted silver bezel like the Blackberrys I would be worried. They created a glss that is stronger then the current tempered glass used in the iPhone. To top it off, they use an alloy of steel for the antennas/bezel that is supposed to be 5 times stronger then current steel.
    06-17-10 06:19 PM
    Coming over from the blackberry world, I wonder if it might be just as well to see if I can get a decent used 3GS real cheap on craigslist or ebay at the end of next week, upgrade it to iOS4, and wait two or three months before moving to the iPhone 4?

I'd avoid any initial production run issues, the accessories market would be better developed, and maybe get a white one just to be different?

I'd also get a chance to see if I still liked the UI after living with it a couple weeks without having locked into a contract renew.

The most you'll really see is software issues
    which apple patches up fast... faster than
    all other manufacturers IMHO.

In any case, I'll be selling mine
    06-17-10 07:03 PM

idk I just sold my 16gb 3gs on ebay for $288... but it's only 6 mo old and flawless with some extra stuff.. cases whatnot...
    06-17-10 08:13 PM
    idk I just sold my 16gb 3gs on ebay for $288... but it's only 6 mo old and flawless with some extra stuff.. cases whatnot...
    Yeah -- I'm not expecting to find one for $50. $200-ish is my target; which in a local cash transaction isn't that far off the low end of ebay pricing when you remember ebay's 9% cut, Paypal's 3% cut, and cost of shipping. (a $250 ebay sale nets ~$215 to the seller)

We'll see. Thats the fun of it.
    06-18-10 06:34 AM
    Yeah -- I'm not expecting to find one for $50. $200-ish is my target; which in a local cash transaction isn't that far off the low end of ebay pricing when you remember ebay's 9% cut, Paypal's 3% cut, and cost of shipping. (a $250 ebay sale nets ~$215 to the seller)

We'll see. Thats the fun of it.
    My IP4 will be delivered on the 24th hopefully, i have a like new 3GS 16 gig with a otterbox commuter case, its been in the case since i bought it, i even put a piece of screen protector in the area of the apple logo that is exposed ... if you were to go to a store and bought mine you would never know it was used... thats how mint i kept it, i have the box too.

If someone makes an offer in the "$200.00'sh" range that sound "fair" they can have it, we'll just paypal it to avoid ebay, i have been a member of this forum for a while now, i assure you when i say mint its mint. or if you need some kind of reassurance, i can setup an ebay auction but paypal puts a hold on my money until delivery (which is NOT a bad thing for the buyer), but there is something about not being able to have my payment that makes me uncomfortable.

ebay price will be higher though, to cover my expenses.
    06-18-10 11:39 AM
    I would love the iPhone 4 but if I have the OS 4 on my 3GS I'll survive. For now. Hehe.

YAY I AM NOT ALONE LOL!!!!!
    in two years when my contracts up and a new one comes out... LOL I am sure ill get it before then maybe hmm we will see..
    06-18-10 02:12 PM
    I have given thought about selling my 3gs for how much ever i could get for it (got it for a birthday present) then use some of my own case for the ip4 but i am sure it will expensive for those who are selling them...........
    06-18-10 02:15 PM
    I have given thought about selling my 3gs for how much ever i could get for it (got it for a birthday present) then use some of my own case for the ip4 but i am sure it will expensive for those who are selling them...........
    You're not alone. 95% of 3GS owners are still under contract and will skip the iPhone 4 entirely. I don't think the average 3GS owner could justify hundreds of dollars just for an upgraded processor, a retina display and a front facing camera. It's like people here who went from the Tour to the Bold 9650.
    06-18-10 03:05 PM
    You're not alone. 95% of 3GS owners are still under contract and will skip the iPhone 4 entirely. I don't think the average 3GS owner could justify hundreds of dollars just for an upgraded processor, a retina display and a front facing camera. It's like people here who went from the Tour to the Bold 9650.
    So you think 95% of 3GS owners are not eligible for upgrade? Not sure where you get 95% since I'm upgrading from 2 3GS to iPhone 4. Guess I'm in that 5% huh? You're overstating it a bit. But I do agree a lot of 3GS owners will skip it but a lot will also upgrade because they can and because they can get rid of their 3GS and cover most of the cost of iPhone 4. And it's no different than people upgrading from the HTC eris to the incredible. Stop it with the arbitrary numbers statistics based on nothing. And all those things you pass off as if they are meaningless actually change the entire experience. More ram, faster processor and the front facing camera which allows chatting is an experience. It's not just a camera. But I digress.
    06-18-10 03:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD