I love the way OP reviewed the OS for the title of this thread. It sounds exactly like I would do it. Good Job OP!
    09-19-13 04:06 PM
    There seems to be a problem with the keyboard being very laggy on the iPhone 4 on some devices. I just experienced it on someone's phone and it makes the thing useless!

Posted via CB10
    I noticed some lag on my wife's ipad keyboard as well. Hmmm.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-19-13 04:17 PM
    There seems to be a problem with the keyboard being very laggy on the iPhone 4 on some devices. I just experienced it on someone's phone and it makes the thing useless!

Posted via CB10
    Huh. Weird. My hubby has been using his 4 hardcore since last night and hasn't said anything. He's been sending a tonne of texts too. Maybe it's just settling?

Mobile Nations Trusted Member using Tapatalk
    09-19-13 04:36 PM
    Huh. Weird. My hubby has been using his 4 hardcore since last night and hasn't said anything. He's been sending a tonne of texts too. Maybe it's just settling?

Loaded it on my iPhone 4 and it wouldn't stop freezing on apps. Had to reboot and that fixed it. But performance wise iOS7 is slower than iOS6 on this device.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 04:41 PM
    now at least we can agree on which dog breed is the best :P

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    Eric Ton and kbz1960 like this.
    09-19-13 04:43 PM
    That's really odd, both his iPhone 4 and mine are working fine. Mind you, I did a clean install, started fresh, as I do with any and all cell phone updates of a significant nature. Maybe it's something not compatible messing things up and a clean install would be best. I had a lot of problems with Z10 updates unless I started fresh each time.

Just having 2 three year old iPhone 4's and neither having any lag or hiccups, seems odd unless it's a install issue with apps or settings.

09-19-13 04:44 PM
    That sucks. Maybe it's his Internet provider.
    But if a BB update took that long why do I feel you would be ALL over this complaining its taking too long ? ? ?
    09-19-13 05:07 PM
    Thoughts? Yeah I have one........ Why is this not in the iMore section? Tsk tsk mods!

I moved this thread out of the Z10 Forum and into the Apple iPhone/iPad Forum almost 24 hours ago...
    I updated the thread title slightly for spelling & clarity reasons, while leaving alone its eloquence.
    Also moved thread out of Z10 Forum for obvious reasons.
    pantlesspenguin and reeneebob like this.
    09-19-13 05:28 PM
    you can edit your details below your picture to show your pin.
    I think the problem was that he had (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA) after he listed his PIN. I'm not even sure what kind of prejudice that is. :-P
    09-19-13 05:48 PM
    I have to say that after seeing it a few times since I updated (and changed out the pink wallpaper) it looks a bit fresher than iOS6. Its nice to have those quick settings. If they would just do away with that home button though....
    09-19-13 05:50 PM
    Are you seriously comparing a known showman with glam rock and disco roots....you know, never mind. The fact that you just did speaks volumes.
    Fair enough...Though being knighted, wealthy or famous for fashion doesn't NECESSARILY mean something is very good.

For instance, Sir Paul Smith designed these:

iOS7 update sucks-paul-smith_fashion_20.jpg

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just giving another side of the discussion. I know that some people buy Paul Smith's stuff because they like it and some others buy them because it is has the label "Paul Smith".

I haven't seen/used the iOS7 and if I could afford it, I would happily buy myself an iPhone 5s just so I could have one and see what it is like.

However, right now I'm just curious to see the hate/love for the OS; whether it is deserved or not...and also I might comment just for some lulz on my side.

Personally, I think as a Company, Apple is the Devil. Though, objectively, The Devil is very good at what he does...so I can fully respect what they do.

I WISH BB as a company was as awesomely efficient as Apple but still used produced their BB10 devices. I'm fully jealous of that fact...I'm not going to hide that. I love my Zed but the company behind it is catastrophically terrible at...well most things TBH. :-P

Anyway, my 10c...I thought it was more valuable than 2c. ;-)
    09-19-13 06:01 PM
    Ouch, the iOS7 lockscreen has already been hacked. It's deja vu all over again...
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-19-13 06:54 PM
    I have it on my work phone and I wish I never would have downloaded it. Looks like it is fresh out Fisher-Price.
    09-19-13 06:54 PM
    09-19-13 07:56 PM
    Runs great on my 4s and the only missing feature is airdrop because it requires 802.11n for some reason.

It's not 802.11n specifically that it requires but rather Wi-Fi Direct support in the hardware and that is only in newer iOS devices. This is because AirDrop'd data is sent directly between the two devices and not over the greater wi-fi network (which is only used for initial communication I think).
    09-19-13 08:15 PM
    Attachment 203451

That's all folks !
    You DO realize the bulk of everything in the top row was present first on webOS, right? LOL (well, radio came from Pandora... but Android didn't introduce that either). This idea of who is borrowing from who is silly.
    09-19-13 08:23 PM
    Loaded it on my iPhone 4 and it wouldn't stop freezing on apps. Had to reboot and that fixed it. But performance wise iOS7 is slower than iOS6 on this device.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of issues after upgrading (as opposed to fresh install) can be solved by hitting Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. (NOT erase...). This puts iOS 7 settings back to default and seems to be the cure for many people.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-19-13 08:30 PM
    Apple simply copied webos android and blackberry 10. The iPhone should be called i-copy because that is pretty much all they did.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:34 PM
    Apple simply copied webos android and blackberry 10. The iPhone should be called i-copy because that is pretty much all they did.

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case, what's the witty name for android and BB10, both of whom have stolen heavily from WebOS among others?

ghundiraj likes this.
    09-19-13 08:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    ....and android and bb copied from webOS, each other and iOS. What's your point?
    Tazos likes this.
    09-19-13 08:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, that was a good one! iCopy, how did no one come up with that before now!

Question though, can you name me one thing in BB10 that didn't already exist on another platform, one thing that was innovative.

I'm pretty sure you'll say HUB but remember it's merely a combined mailbox with gesture navigation (think webOS synergy).

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-19-13 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which is not unexpected.
    09-19-13 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    All platforms do this. Even BB10 copied a ton from other OSes. There is no reason to do things differently "just to be different" when there are clearly ways to do things that consumers agree work best - like the Multi-Tasking UI which is basically from WebOS to Windows Phone to Android (they just made it vertically scrolling instead of horizontal, nice try there though Google) to iOS.

Toast Notifications were on Windows Phone then iOS got then, and not Blackberry 10 is getting them.

Notification Shade was on Android, then Winodws Mobile (HTC Sense devices i.e. HD2) and then iOS took it.

Gestures like BB10 has to minimize an app were on WebOS first, that's where they got that from. Hub Mechanism has roots in WebOS as well (Synergy).

WebOS was hugely innovative, and ahead of its time.

A lot of tech from WebOS got poached by other platforms. Everyone is copying from each other. Even Blackberry is copying liberally from the competition.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Use a wheel, don't invent a new one.
    Elite1 and tack like this.
    09-19-13 09:39 PM
    Bashing apple will not improve BlackBerry's products.
    thank you for letting us know, great job, Go Apple!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:41 PM
    I actually like it. The features of it are really nice and its smooth as glass on the iP5. I don't like the icons though. Maybe they will grow on me over time but I haven't liked them since the beginning. But it is a very nice OS and has some very welcome improvements.
    kokopelli64 and shief24 like this.
    09-19-13 09:44 PM
266 ... 678910 ...