09-26-13 03:59 PM
266 ... 891011
tools
    Not bashing but this really dosent look good for apple :/ BBC News - Security holes unearthed in Apple's iOS7

Sent from my GT-I8190 using CB Forums mobile app
    The AirPlane mode bug I can tolerate until it's fixed, the thief would have to turn the radio on at some point and then tracking will be back on and will alert the victim as to it's whereabouts. The phone can't be wiped or restored without the Apple ID so I don't see this vulnerability hurting anyone any more so than every other device currently on the market. I could just turn off a BB, or remove the SIM remember so don't blow it too far out of proportion. Either way, the iPhone can't be restored without authentication so it's still more secure than the competition in this regard.

The lock screen vulnerability, well, its a problem that needs to be fixed quickly.

Don't forget that BOTH of these can be fixed in less than 5 seconds by disabling control center on the lock screen (until Apple patch them).

Also don't forget that despite all this the phone is selling out everywhere, and shipping times slipping, Apple had to just increase production! No write-downs in their future it would seem (Not Bashing).

http://www.cultofmac.com/246521/the-...source=twitter
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-20-13 at 06:58 AM.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-20-13 06:41 AM
    The AirPlane mode bug I can tolerate until it's fixed, the thief would have to turn the radio on at some point and then tracking will be back on and will alert the victim as to it's whereabouts. The phone can't be wiped or restored without the Apple ID so I don't see this vulnerability hurting anyone any more so than every other device currently on the market. I could just turn off a BB, or remove the SIM remember so don't blow it too far out of proportion. Either way, the iPhone can't be restored without authentication so it's still more secure than the competition in this regard.

The lock screen vulnerability, well, its a problem that needs to be fixed quickly.

Don't forget that BOTH of these can be fixed in less than 5 seconds by disabling control center on the lock screen (until Apple patch them).

Also don't forget that despite all this the phone is selling out everywhere, and shipping times slipping, Apple had to just increase production! No write-downs in their future it would seem (Not Bashing).

The Gold iPhone 5s Is Such A Success, Apple's Making More To Compensate | Cult of Mac
    Another thing about Apple is they are usually pretty quick to fix things unlike BBRY who takes months and months to fix things.

I'm not an Apple fan at all. I own nothing branded by them but they are more on the ball with things.
    Coachbulldog and tack like this.
    09-20-13 07:39 AM
    From the New York Times

Despite Early Criticism, Apple’s iOS 7 Quickly Gains Traction

"If there’s one thing to learn from new versions of Apple’s mobile software, iOS, it might be that everyday people don’t care about what so-called tech influencers have to say."
    09-20-13 08:20 AM
    If BlackBerry had 100 bajillion users, it would take a long time to update for them as well. Anyone who tried to DL iOS7 on day one was a bit daft to begin with.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-20-13 08:28 AM
    ios7 is better that bb10..no doubt . .sucks what?
    09-20-13 08:44 AM
    Another thing about Apple is they are usually pretty quick to fix things unlike BBRY who takes months and months to fix things.

I'm not an Apple fan at all. I own nothing branded by them but they are more on the ball with things.
    Apple fix things quickly? ahahaha not in this universe. They just blame it on another company and then hypnotize people into "upgrading" their software/hardware, whichever applies, if they go into the store to get help.
    09-20-13 10:08 AM
    It's a great update. There is nothing more to be said. They won't lose many users because of it if any, and they will gain new ones. Same ol story different phone and OS release.
    09-20-13 11:39 AM
    They're one of the fastest executing companies out there. I certainly don't buy into the school of "Apple products will end world hunger" that some fanboys have (I have an armload of issues with all of their products), but they move very fast and do things only if they can focus and be able to move efficiently.

In many respects, BlackBerry is shackled by their previous success. They grew because of carrier relationships that now bind them. They have multiple platforms to support. Hard to be quick when you have to satisfy the needs of 600 odd carrier contracts around the world.
    09-20-13 11:47 AM
    Apple fix things quickly? ahahaha not in this universe. They just blame it on another company and then hypnotize people into "upgrading" their software/hardware, whichever applies, if they go into the store to get help.
    Ai Yi Yi
    Seems like there is more hypnotizing going on than the OP realizes.
    09-20-13 12:36 PM
    Just saw it and as much as I don't like apple, I was pretty impressed by the interface. BlackBerry needs to catch up on design! At least let's have themes!!!

But then apple is just good at design... leaving android in the dust too...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 01:13 PM

They haven't fixed the bug that won't allow you to manually sort play order for certain playlists on an iPod Touch. Bug has been there for years.
    09-20-13 01:23 PM
    Coming from 10 years with a Blackberry, I switched to Apple about 6 mos ago. All I can say is wow! I am super impressed that I don't have to back-up any data, the upgrade to ios7 was 15 minutes and easy, no battery pulls or resets needed, and the device JUST WORKS. The added features on my iphone5 are awesome as far as I'm concerned. I personally don't care who's name brand I have, I just want it to work and not crash and be buggy. Too much lost time fiddling and tweaking Blackberries, and I won't do that again.
    tack likes this.
    09-20-13 01:24 PM
    They haven't fixed the bug that won't allow you to manually sort play order for certain playlists on an iPod Touch. Bug has been there for years.
    Is that a bug or just the Apple way? Has been reported as a bug?

Regardless if it was random rebooting issue I bet it would've been fixed in days or weeks and not months.
    09-20-13 01:31 PM
    Is that a bug or just the Apple way? Has been reported as a bug?

Regardless if it was random rebooting issue I bet it would've been fixed in days or weeks and not months.
    Yes - it's a bug since manual sorting works fine on regular iPods and iPhone, just not on Touch.
    09-20-13 02:12 PM
    Just saw it and as much as I don't like apple, I was pretty impressed by the interface. BlackBerry needs to catch up on design! At least let's have themes!!!

But then apple is just good at design... leaving android in the dust too...

Posted via CB10
    WTF... Leaving Android in the dust, clearly you don't follow the market. The interface is the same boring UI with some lipstick on it. Search is more of a pain in the arse to bring up, the control center bluetooth button is on top of the swipe down to hide it. Only real improvement is the closing of apps. Even the white on black is pretty much a KOBO rip off.

It seems to have fixed the buffering issues with you tube with WIFI on the iphone5 other than that, no real WOW...Of course Apple will led you to believe they have pushed the envelope yet again. For people owning a Iphone5 there is no real reason to switch with the usual minor changes. The fingerprint sensor is another useless gimmick. It's been used in laptops for ages and NEVER took off.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-20-13 02:16 PM
    I got it for my iPad mini and I totally disagree with your point while yes it looks different there is some solid functionality improved.

1. Swipe from bottom bezel up brings up the quick menu to turn on/off airplane mode, change brightness, turn of data, launch calculator and camera shortcuts - this is taken from Android and something I wish bb10 had integrated as these are commong settings you use often (at least I do)

2. four finger swipe up is the same as a finger swipe up on the playbook it shows you all your running applications and you are able to quickly go to any one of them. Swiping up on an app closes them (exact same functionality on playbook that was removed from bb10 - which was a damn shame, as I loved that).

Those two alone are enough to make iOS7 better than its predecessor.
    09-20-13 02:52 PM
    Like many others I have a blackberry phone but also an iPad. I think both companies a great. I prefer z10 to iPhone,
    To me the one big thing which highlights why blackberry are in trouble is after a few hours a big chuck of apple users had the new op system , what % bb z10 users have release 2?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:13 PM
    iOS is so lame that even a cat can access the phone...

09-20-13 03:18 PM
    Updated mine this AM. Took no more than 30 minutes.
    09-20-13 03:32 PM
    iOS is so lame that even a cat can access the phone...
    The speaks volumes then for BB10, especially with today's news.
    09-20-13 07:26 PM
    Like many others I have a blackberry phone but also an iPad. I think both companies a great. I prefer z10 to iPhone,
    To me the one big thing which highlights why blackberry are in trouble is after a few hours a big chuck of apple users had the new op system , what % bb z10 users have release 2?

Posted via CB10
    Please just clarify for me release 2

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 07:41 PM
    Search is more of a pain in the arse to bring up
    How so? You just swipe down on the home screen and it pops up?

I personally just switched my personal phone back to Apple and I love ios7. Got the GS3 in March and the novelty quickly wore off. The large screen was cool, but one hand use was difficult. I also. Got sick of pulling the battery whenever it froze or being asked what program I wanted to use every time I tried to do something. So many extra steps to do the most simple things. I think I tried every SMS, calendar, and visual voicemail app available and couldn't find one to just do what I needed it to do efficiently. The icing on the cake is dropping it and watching the plastic back, battery, and phone all fly in different directions. I got lucky finding an officer who wanted to trade because the resale value on my GS3 was depressing.
    09-20-13 09:20 PM
    Ummm no you have to hold an icon than swipe down.
    09-20-13 09:32 PM
    Why do people on Crackberry care about Apple products?

How about: "... because some of us have an iPad? or a second phone?"

Regarding the iOS7 upgrade, it looks pretty nice, the fonts look beautiful on my iPad. The added features are probably "insanely amazing" to people within the Apple ecosystem, but kind of "Meh" to those who are used to Android superphones.

BBQ10
    09-20-13 09:37 PM
    Check again my friend, you didn't state one objective thing :/
    We are stating facts my friend, that's not bashing the last time I checked

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    09-20-13 09:44 PM
266 ... 891011