I know this is a BlackBerry forum (i'm running a leaked OS on the Z10) but I'm asking this question here because we've already searched the Apple forums and you guys are way smarter. My sister has an iPad that has horrible battery life after updating to ios7. I have 3 questions:

1) How to stop the battery drain? We already tried the easy stuff that comes up in Google searches.

2) How to identify which process is draining the battery? Apparently IOS7 doesn't have the great device monitor app like BB10. We downloaded several apps which show the running processes but not how much cpu % they are using

3) Failing the above, can IOS7 be downgraded to ios6? If so send a link to instructions.
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:27 AM
    I think you should be asking this on iMore

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:31 AM
    We implemented the suggestions found on iMore with no luck. Smarter people here.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:39 AM
    Apple store?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:40 AM
    Does ios7 have an equivalent to the BlackBerry security wipe? If so I would do that and slowly reinstall 3rd party apps until you see rapid battery decline begin again then immediately delete your last installed app

Posted via CB10
    wkadara likes this.
    10-13-13 10:45 AM
    iOS 7 has been found to have this problem and you can't downgrade apparently. Basically, all you can do is go to an Apple store and ***** at them. They may take pity and replace it with a refurb.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:46 AM
    While we may or may not be smarter than the iSheep I think a lot of BlackBerry users don't know much about apple products.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:47 AM
    There are a lot of things that could be affecting it. Turn off automatic updating for apps and turn off apps refreshing in the background. And of course fully close apps that are open and not being used
    bspence87 likes this.
    10-13-13 11:08 AM
    Settings->General->Background App Refresh

Shut down all the apps running in the background that you don't need.

This should fix your problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:11 AM
    Dear you have to reset all ipad setting and contents this us typical apple process after each OS update

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:12 AM
    Not sure if you check cnet much, but this video seems to give good tips on battery life for iPhone 5s
    For longer battery life, change these iOS 7 settings | How To - CNET
    10-13-13 11:17 AM
    We already tried turning off the app refresh stuff and many other background processes. Looks like the security wipe/reset is the next step. Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:18 AM
    While we may or may not be smarter than the iSheep I think a lot of BlackBerry users don't know much about apple products.

Posted via CB10
    Might want to read the threads.... there's a lot of CB members who are very well versed with Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:23 AM
    I feel bad now,

Have no idea,

Back up, wipe and restore is your best option
    10-13-13 11:23 AM
    We had tried all the CNET suggestions. After turning everything off the processor was still running at 20% but couldn't figure out how to identify the offending process. I think Benjamin Blacks suggestion of wiping and reloading one by one makes sense, although I have a hard time believing there's no app that will show the individual process CPU usage like BB10 app manager. Apple may have more apps but they are useless to troubleshoot problems

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:30 AM
    How long does your battery last before needing a charge? What area do you reside in? Which carrier do you have? Are you running on 4G, LTE, HSPA, 3G? Which apps do you use? Getting a little more info on your cell phone habits will help give better solutions to your problem.
    10-13-13 11:34 AM
    Guys, read the OP. He said his sister has an ipad not an iphone. There are like 4 of you in here giving advice on and asking questions about a device the OP doesn't even own.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and TGR1 like this.
    10-13-13 12:01 PM
    I have two suggestions that I have experience with first hand.

(1) Disable the parallax feature by going to settings->general->accessibility and turn on reduce motion.

(2) Active sync (EAS) accounts can become corrupt after an iOS update. Happened to me two times on earlier OS updates. They drain battery like crazy when this happens. You avoid a wipe by removing and adding back all EAS accounts.

If you do wipe, you should be able to restore a backup to get your apps back, hopefully without repeating your problem.

Hope this helps.
    10-13-13 12:07 PM
    We had tried disabling parallax but not removing EAS accounts. Will give that a shot before wiping. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:58 PM
    Actually IOS will have this issue until new update comes ,will sort many of your issues.
    Also take care of your running apps ,they drain all your energy???/
    10-13-13 01:46 PM
    A friend had the same problem. This is how he fixed it
    10-13-13 01:49 PM
    Have you tried a hard reboot. Hold the power button and home button down until her I pad reboots. This worked for a coworker who was having the same problem.
    10-13-13 02:24 PM
    I know this is a BlackBerry forum (i'm running a leaked OS on the Z10) but I'm asking this question here because we've already searched the Apple forums and you guys are way smarter. My sister has an iPad that has horrible battery life after updating to ios7. I have 3 questions:

1) How to stop the battery drain? We already tried the easy stuff that comes up in Google searches.

2) How to identify which process is draining the battery? Apparently IOS7 doesn't have the great device monitor app like BB10. We downloaded several apps which show the running processes but not how much cpu % they are using

3) Failing the above, can IOS7 be downgraded to ios6? If so send a link to instructions.
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not really an apple person but I know of an application refresh in settings that may need to be turned off or limited to assist with the battery life.
    10-13-13 03:06 PM
    I've found that battery life stabilizes after about a week, I think the OS is learning your habits and optimizing background app processing over time. I'd let it go for a while and you'll probably see an improvement.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-13-13 03:15 PM
    I carry a 4S (company issued) in addition to my Z10. I had much the same problem. The hard reboot already mentioned, plus the tips in this article helped considerably: 11 Tips to Keep iOS 7 From Destroying Your Battery Life
    10-14-13 10:40 AM