06-23-13 05:34 PM
140 ... 3456
tools
    Although i dont like the white theme going on in the IOS7, the new integrations looks/sounds amazing. Everything at your fingertips.

Help me be as efficient, BlackBerry.
    I love my z10. Let me have more things to brag about.

Come on, BlackBerry. U big tease. Keep it up cos im dozing off.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:18 PM
    There should be some similarities when great minds think...
    06-11-13 12:23 AM
    At the end of the day, sales numbers talk. As a consumers I don't care who had the original idea and who copied it. I care about the device that has it perfected. So far for me at least, apple has never won me over. I've bounced between BB and Android, but you'd have to be pretty naive to think the end user is not going to buy something just because they find out another company thought of it first.

Sent from either my Z10, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, or Playbook
    06-11-13 08:55 AM
    You can't compare iOS7 to iOS3. Sorry. No. It's like comparing bb7 to bb10. You also can't compare play books os to bb10.Posted via CB10
    Is iOS 7 a completely new operating system from those that came before? If it isn't, then you absolutely can compare iOS3 to iOS7.

BB10 is not a rebuild or an upgrade of BB7. It was a completely new operating system built from scratch and taking nothing from the old OS. Sure, some features that existed in the older OS' ended up in BB10, but they had to be designed from scratch too, in order to work with the new OS. Unless iOS7 went through the same process, completely scrapping the old iOS and starting over from the drawing board, iOS7 is able to be compared to iOS3 because they are built on the same foundation, which also explains why they were able to get it done faster.

JB
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-11-13 11:23 AM
    Is iOS 7 a completely new operating system from those that came before? If it isn't, then you absolutely can compare iOS3 to iOS7.

BB10 is not a rebuild or an upgrade of BB7. It was a completely new operating system built from scratch and taking nothing from the old OS. Sure, some features that existed in the older OS' ended up in BB10, but they had to be designed from scratch too, in order to work with the new OS. Unless iOS7 went through the same process, completely scrapping the old iOS and starting over from the drawing board, iOS7 is able to be compared to iOS3 because they are built on the same foundation, which also explains why they were able to get it done faster.

JB
    Buzzzz. Wrong. BB10 was the 3rd generation QNX based operating system developed by Blackberry.
    06-11-13 11:27 AM
    This could be the first release of iOS that I download and install the beta.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    where where where where where where where where where where

Edit: dang I have to create an account and pay 99 bucks to pretend to be an iOS developer.....that bites.....
    06-11-13 11:39 AM
    Buzzzz. Wrong. BB10 was the 3rd generation QNX based operating system developed by Blackberry.
    Fair enough on the fact that it's technically the third iteration of BB's QNX, but that still doesn't detract from my point. BB10 is the first version of QNX in a mobile phone. BB's version of QNX (any of them) is not based on the legacy BBOS in any way. It is built on a completely different foundation and any features reminiscent of the legacy BBOS needed to be created from scratch to work with QNX. iOS7 is not a completely new concept, built from scratch on a completely new foundation like BB's QNX is. Of course they will be able to manipulate and change it at a faster rate.

From a mobile phone OS perspective, BB10 is a completely different and new system from the legacy OS. So you can buzz me all you want, it removes none of the validity of what I said.

JB
    06-11-13 11:41 AM
    where where where where where where where where where where
    You'd have to register as a developer with apple for $99, however it may break some feature like hotspot and a lot of apps won't be compatible so I decided against it.
    06-11-13 11:46 AM
    You'd have to register as a developer with apple for $99, however it may break some feature like hotspot and a lot of apps won't be compatible so I decided against it.
    I'm running it now. Definitely not ready for prime time though, so I'll probably revert back tonight. It's not feature complete yet, that's for sure.
    06-11-13 11:48 AM
    Well I'm a Z10 owner and I will be getting a new iPhone based on this.

I love my Z10, I loved my iPhone, all tech is borrowed from other tech, but it astounds me that Apple polished the gestures more in far less time than BlackBerry did.

They just did what BlackBerry had to do, and in months as opposed to years.

I'm sorry if some don't like that, but Apple nailed this.

Posted via CB10
    UMMM you have to use the phone to see if the gestures were nailed, but your a apple guy anyways so you would run to the phone in a heartbeat. Hope they did nail the gestures and not make it look easier than it is. Enjoy, later.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:56 AM
    UMMM you have to use the phone to see if the gestures were nailed, but your a apple guy anyways so you would run to the phone in a heartbeat. Hope they did nail the gestures and not make it look easier than it is. Enjoy, later.

Posted via CB10
    Such a brilliant post, bravo! Insightful as always. Your contributions are so worthwhile. This should be promoted as post of the week!

Reeneebob, didn't realize that you were an "Apple guy" now (or even a "guy" for that matter), but axeman here must know because he knows so much about your taste in phones and all.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-11-13 12:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are times when assumptions are spectacularly wrong.

I'll give one. That guy is a woman.

OK I'll give you another. She hasn't been using an iPhone since she got her Gakkaxy.

OK one last one. She's been a Z10 user since day one.

Posted from my amazing Z10 via CB10
    mikeo007 and reeneebob like this.
    06-11-13 12:52 PM
    Well I'm a Z10 owner and I will be getting a new iPhone based on this.

I love my Z10, I loved my iPhone, all tech is borrowed from other tech, but it astounds me that Apple polished the gestures more in far less time than BlackBerry did.

They just did what BlackBerry had to do, and in months as opposed to years.

I'm sorry if some don't like that, but Apple nailed this.

Posted via CB10
    OMG, are you serious?

Please explain this. How long has BB10 been out? How long Has iOS been out?

Just amazing. That has to be the most apologetic fangirl comment I have ever witnessed. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN USED THE PRODUCT.

The things posted on CB by the apple and google contingent never ceases to amaze.
    06-11-13 01:03 PM
    It is not at all the same like BlackBerry's situation. Apple already has ios, it's already built. To incorporate a few gestures is not complicated. You think it took 3 years for BlackBerry to nail gestures? No, it took them 3 years to literally build BlackBerry 10 from the ground up, with all the plumbing and the API's and absolutely everything.

Sorry Renee, but you're a little clueless here. If you continue with my train of thought you'll see you were comparing apples to oranges, or in this case blackberries!

Posted via CB10
    The voice of reason. Hopefully your common sense rubs off on others.
    06-11-13 01:14 PM
    Because BlackBerry delayed bb10 from its original release in October to February. They bought qnx in 2010. So it took BlackBerry 3 years to make a gesture based os, and Apple just improved the performance and polished the interface of their rebuild in less than a year.

So yes. I'm sorry if your sensibilities are offended.

They just did a floor to ceiling redesign of their os just like BlackBerry did. And here it is, 4 months after the release of os 10 (which I still love, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel some compulsion to hate anything not BlackBerry like some here do),and Apple has polished the gestures and performance while we still wait for that same polishing to come from BlackBerry.

You can't compare iOS7 to iOS3. Sorry. No. It's like comparing bb7 to bb10. You also can't compare play books os to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm no programmer, but iOS7 isn't a floor to ceiling redesign. They already had the meat of the OS in place. All they did was add some UI tweaks. To me, OS7 is like an android skin, ala Touchwiz, Sense etc. that is built on top of the existing android infrastructure.
    06-11-13 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    1) I'm a girl
    2) my current phone is a z10
    3) my last phone was a gs3.

Nice try. Epic fail but valiant effort.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-11-13 03:51 PM
    OMG, are you serious?

Just amazing. That has to be the most apologetic fangirl comment I have ever witnessed. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN USED THE PRODUCT.

The things posted on CB by the apple and google contingent never ceases to amaze.
    Hey, hurds? Do let us know when you actually start lecturing us all on how great BB10 is from a position of actually using it, like me? Because until then, you have some nerve calling anyone a fan girl who hasn't used the product considering you don't even own a BB10 device.

Glass houses.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-11-13 03:57 PM
    OMG, are you serious?

Are you REALLY going to lecture someone about talking about a product they haven't used???

Got good insurance on that glass house????
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-11-13 04:10 PM
    I'll take a button over bezels any day. At least it has a practical function, which it looks like the bezels don't.
    Bezel swiping. Works most excellently.
    06-11-13 04:47 PM
    Took apple months what BlackBerry took years?

ios stating in developement in 2002 fast forward to 2013 now they have gestures. do the math 11 years.

QNX acquired in 2010 Playbook OS realesed in 2011(first guesture based OS), BlackBerry 10 2013- 1 year for first geusture based OS 3 years for BB10.

Not sure how you get months as it took 11 years for ios to become guesture based as it took 1 for qnx to get geusture based.
    QNX has been around since the early 80's. 1982 if I am not mistaken. It's been used on embedded devices for many years. Z10 is what ? Yep, an embedded device.

You gave to remember that this was the first attempt and a touch os for phones on BBs part. IOS had a lot of the stuff already built in. So yes, the reskin of iOS did happen much quicker than BB10. Also have to consider the sheer manpower that went into it.

I'm not making excuses obvioisly... BlackBerry dropped the ball. But everyone said the multitasking and UI on BB10 was confusing... looks a lot like the stuff that just got a standing O for apple though...

As for the card system, I liked it on the pb. But it wouldn't work well with the current os. The multitasking on BB10 let's me have information for 4 apps at a glance, which is always current. So with one swipe up I can see 4 sets of information, no need to swipe up and then sideways a couple of times. I do like the swiping sideways to go into other apps on the pb. That is really cool, but it is just as quick on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, I guess everyone is trying to forget about the Storm. But you also had the 9860, and my 9810 had a touch screen. So Z10 is not their first touch device.

Come back to this thread when your home button breaks (and some iPhone models don't allow it to be easily replaced) and then tell us again that there's no advantage whatsoever to having no buttons required.

~STV
    While I have never had an iPhone, on my iPad a five finger swipe brings me home. I just grab the screen, quick and easy. I am sure it will work on an iPhone also.
    06-11-13 06:26 PM
    Such a brilliant post, bravo! Insightful as always. Your contributions are so worthwhile. This should be promoted as post of the week!

Reeneebob, didn't realize that you were an "Apple guy" now (or even a "guy" for that matter), but axeman here must know because he knows so much about your taste in phones and all.
    I know your insights are nothing beneficial here either. I don't stalk posters to know if they are male or female or not but when people are constantly posting about how bad blackberry is on a blackberry site it is common as anyone else to stir the pot! Go post in imore as all your posts are about that anyways.

As for this site, since the release of bb10 it's been full of apple fanboys sagging blackberry to make up for the fact that Apple was doing nothing. Now apple comes up with some things and the sagging continues. Just pathetic, really. Guess I hit some nerves about the apple copying thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:41 PM
    I know your insights are nothing beneficial here either. I don't stalk posters to know if they are male or female or not but when people are constantly posting about how bad blackberry is on a blackberry site it is common as anyone else to stir the pot! Go post in imore as all your posts are about that anyways.

As for this site, since the release of bb10 it's been full of apple fanboys sagging blackberry to make up for the fact that Apple was doing nothing. Now apple comes up with some things and the sagging continues. Just pathetic, really. Guess I hit some nerves about the apple copying thing.

Posted via CB10
    So you don't stalk posters and couldn't possibly know what they're always talking about, yet you tell them what they're always talking about and tell them to go post somewhere else. Impeccable reasoning you have there. Also didn't know you had some special posting powered what with your ability to banish people from crackberry.

You just keep spreading your special kind of joy ok?
    06-11-13 07:24 PM
    So you don't stalk posters and couldn't possibly know what they're always talking about, yet you tell them what they're always talking about and tell them to go post somewhere else. Impeccable reasoning you have there. Also didn't know you had some special posting powered what with your ability to banish people from crackberry.

You just keep spreading your special kind of joy ok?
    Sure as long as you keep spewing negative views to every positive blackberry observation, someone has to bring joy back.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:37 PM
    Does anyone else think that the color scheme looks like something out of Captain Planet?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:45 PM
    also, available in FALL. meaning they announced it and it wasnt released immediately.
    You do realize that WWDC was a developers' conference. Apple released the beta version of iOS7 "immediately" to developers after the conference. Both Apple and developers have until fall to create/test/polish some great stuff.
    And of course, that's when Apple probably announce the iPhone6 or 5s, whatever they want to call it. BBRY has released, if any, very few API's to date.

Translation: Everything will be ready at the launch of new iPhone, which comes complete with superb functions and apps, all polished up and ready to go.
    And Apple are usually very good in execution. When they announce a new product, launch date is not too far (within a few months at most, or much shorter) and they do not fail to keep the promise. This is the area where BlackBerry has been very poor traditionally. Lots of bravados and rather irresponsible promises just to keep customers hanging.

Nevertheless, I am watching how BB10 (specifically Q10 in my case) might evolve by then. BBRY still have a chance. But after that....
    06-12-13 09:09 AM
140 ... 3456