Ok, my take away is that they took great ideas from other OS and incorporated into iOS, and in typical Apple flair, they made it polished, and they implemented them well.

Gestures: Swipe from the edge of the screen to go forward and backwards. Even in the browser, something which BlackBerry 10 can't do. BlackBerry needs to find more use for those bezels. Right not I only know of one app that makes use of only the right side bezel, which is Hub, you swipe from the right bezel to go back to Active Frame or App icon page no matter where you are in the Hub. There could be so much use for those bezels.

Share Sheet: Sounds familiar? Yeah, BB10 has a share menu too, but I still believe that due to BB10's nature the Share api is better. But still, they made it look pretty and polished it up.

Quick Settings/Controls: Swipe up to access settings. Very polished too, with inclusion of brightness, volume, and hell, even flash light. Something I have hoped to see in BB10 since it launched. But still, I would have preferred a reverse with notification centre. Swipe up for notification centre, and swipe down for settings. Why? The top of the screen is harder to reach compared to the bottom, and I'm sure people use notification centre more than they do settings.

Multi-tasking: Nice implementation. Cards that reminds me of WebOS, PlayBook OS, and WP. Is it better than BB10? No idea, its just a different way of doing it for me.

iOS in the car: Well, a real threat to QNX simply because of the enormous amount of users on iOS.

The redesign lock screen reminds me slightly of Stock JellyBean to be honest. Other things here and there throughout iOS as well that were more evolutionary than revolutionary. The new design, I'm a bit partial to that, it seems too crowded for me. Not a fan of the new app icons, but not a fan of the older one too, at least they updated them.

But overall, it looks polished, and well thought out. Ultimately as proven many times round, it doesn't matter if you're the first to do it, it matters more who can do it better. Overall impressions are good, a nice update definitely.

But overall, I still like how BB10 works better than iOS, and I think BlackBerry 10 has potential. I hope that BlackBerry is taking notes. Also, BlackBerry needs really make good use of TAT to create a prettier UI that is also functional. BB10 looks good, but not nearly as pretty as vanilla Android JB imo. Actually I think Vanilla JB might still be prettier than iOS 7 despite Jony Ive's magic.

Ultimately, I see this as a chance for BlackBerry to learn from their competitors and grow further. I see tons of potential in it. Lets just hope they pull through. And credit where it is due, it was only less than a year ago since Ive took over design, and they changes they manage with iOS 7 is nothing less than amazing. They clearly have really talented assets in the company.
    06-10-13 02:39 PM
    Come back to this thread when your home button breaks (and some iPhone models don't allow it to be easily replaced) and then tell us again that there's no advantage whatsoever to having no buttons required.

~STV
    06-10-13 02:40 PM
    Shouldn't this be in the ios section of the forums?
    06-10-13 02:40 PM
    I actually do not give a damn about iOS 7, I hade hope for Apple to come to their senses and bring us back the 17" Macbook pro.
    06-10-13 02:41 PM
    Swipe down was already there for notification center.
    Swipe up for control center is new, swipe in from the left to go back in an app.

All without ridiculous looking bezels around the screen...
    Kinda agree on this. If i remember, like android, they just dedicated a few rows of pixels as the activation point, reducing the needs of sensors on the bezel outside of the screen.

BlackBerry could do the same and make do with a much smaller bezel than is necessary now. Unless they can find ways to make full use of them, which from what I can see now in BB10, they are barely making any use of them.
    06-10-13 02:43 PM
    Not sure if anyone is watching the WWDC stream...

I have to say...new ios7 is similar change as bb users have experienced moving to bb10. Looks like they took Win8 mobile design, Android features and BB10 gestures and called it revolutionary.

I knew they had to move forward, but those apple users who came on here saying bb10 sucks and they love their simple iOS will get an awakening.
    The nail is in the coffin, Apple has done MSFT a favor.
    The design itself just seems awful. Looks like it was designed for preschool kids or the care bears.
    It really look that Apple are now targeting fight against BlackBerry, and just hitting on the head of Android.

We all know that they are targetting the business level, with plus or minus succes, wereas BlackBerry still remain strong even over quite bad days.
    Now if we look at the new features they've introduce (other than make-up changes like translucid screen) a lots of them just look like a copy of (or highly inspired by) BlackBerry OS10 features;
    - Swipe up, Multitasking
    - Integrated photo filter with the camera
    - Direct access to control center
    - Full Screen Browser
    - Screen share (AirDrop)
    - New app a al BlackBerry Protect ...to remotly located, lock or wipe your phone
    - iOS in the car a la BlackBerry/QNX

Look like Apple want to "Keep Moving" ..BlackBerry Lawyers may have some works to do here ...the Apple way.
    06-10-13 02:50 PM
    I wouldnt call it revolutionary or innovative at all really. They took a great design from WebOS and built on it with influences from others. In doing so they also added many of their own ideas/features.
    Agreed. Apple did what it did to remain competitive. Something BB failed to do at a certain point which got them into this mess. I still give BB kudos for plowing through the hard times.

But I really don't understand the "I'm going to change/no it isn't that great phone" discussion. I don't know about many of you, but I am going to hold comments till I see the phone in person for a real review. Maybe the multitasking isn't implemented properly. Maybe it blows BB10 away.

Either way I will choose the best phone for me.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-10-13 02:50 PM
    Here's a fun one about Apple (some my have seen already):
    06-10-13 02:58 PM
    WebOS hopped to mind right away when I saw those cards. So glad that someone finally picked up and refined that amazing feature.
    What are these "cards" you speak of? I didn't get to watch the whole WWDC stream. Won't get time till tomorrow, so could you please elaborate so I know what to look for when I watch it? Thanks!
    06-10-13 02:58 PM
    But with a horribly distracting home button...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, nothing says we are on top of the world in 2013 like a home button. LOL. On a more serious note, there were some nice tweaks to the UI but its not up to BB10 standard. They have a long way to go.
    06-10-13 03:00 PM
    Its a little too early to judge anything. I remember when Apple maps was going to be the next greatest thing. We all know how that turned out.
    shellnsean likes this.
    06-10-13 03:04 PM
    Ok, my take away is that they took great ideas from other OS and incorporated into iOS, and in typical Apple flair, they made it polished, and they implemented them well.

Gestures: Swipe from the edge of the screen to go forward and backwards. Even in the browser, something which BlackBerry 10 can't do. BlackBerry needs to find more use for those bezels. Right not I only know of one app that makes use of only the right side bezel, which is Hub, you swipe from the right bezel to go back to Active Frame or App icon page no matter where you are in the Hub. There could be so much use for those bezels.

Share Sheet: Sounds familiar? Yeah, BB10 has a share menu too, but I still believe that due to BB10's nature the Share api is better. But still, they made it look pretty and polished it up.

Quick Settings/Controls: Swipe up to access settings. Very polished too, with inclusion of brightness, volume, and hell, even flash light. Something I have hoped to see in BB10 since it launched. But still, I would have preferred a reverse with notification centre. Swipe up for notification centre, and swipe down for settings. Why? The top of the screen is harder to reach compared to the bottom, and I'm sure people use notification centre more than they do settings.

Multi-tasking: Nice implementation. Cards that reminds me of WebOS, PlayBook OS, and WP. Is it better than BB10? No idea, its just a different way of doing it for me.

iOS in the car: Well, a real threat to QNX simply because of the enormous amount of users on iOS.

The redesign lock screen reminds me slightly of Stock JellyBean to be honest. Other things here and there throughout iOS as well that were more evolutionary than revolutionary. The new design, I'm a bit partial to that, it seems too crowded for me. Not a fan of the new app icons, but not a fan of the older one too, at least they updated them.

But overall, it looks polished, and well thought out. Ultimately as proven many times round, it doesn't matter if you're the first to do it, it matters more who can do it better. Overall impressions are good, a nice update definitely.

But overall, I still like how BB10 works better than iOS, and I think BlackBerry 10 has potential. I hope that BlackBerry is taking notes. Also, BlackBerry needs really make good use of TAT to create a prettier UI that is also functional. BB10 looks good, but not nearly as pretty as vanilla Android JB imo. Actually I think Vanilla JB might still be prettier than iOS 7 despite Jony Ive's magic.

Ultimately, I see this as a chance for BlackBerry to learn from their competitors and grow further. I see tons of potential in it. Lets just hope they pull through. And credit where it is due, it was only less than a year ago since Ive took over design, and they changes they manage with iOS 7 is nothing less than amazing. They clearly have really talented assets in the company.
    Well said.
    06-10-13 03:04 PM
    Cool, I'm sure some people do. I prefer an edge to edge screen, much more useful for me.

I'll take a button over bezels any day. At least it has a practical function, which it looks like the bezels don't.
    Mark my words, swiping from the middle of the screen will be a disaster.
    06-10-13 03:05 PM
    It really look that Apple are now targeting fight against BlackBerry, and just hitting on the head of Android.

We all know that they are targetting the business level, with plus or minus succes, wereas BlackBerry still remain strong even over quite bad days.
    Now if we look at the new features they've introduce (other than make-up changes like translucid screen) a lots of them just look like a copy of (or highly inspired by) BlackBerry OS10 features;
    - Swipe up, Multitasking
    - Integrated photo filter with the camera
    - Direct access to control center
    - Full Screen Browser
    - Screen share (AirDrop)
    - New app a al BlackBerry Protect ...to remotly located, lock or wipe your phone
    - iOS in the car a la BlackBerry/QNX

Look like Apple want to "Keep Moving" ..BlackBerry Lawyers may have some works to do here ...the Apple way.
    You do know Blackberry copied Meego?

Meego and WebOS are all the rage it seems!!! Justification for them in a way. These features are open source now so using lawyers is a bit redundant.

Although Blackberry copied Meego they didn't really innovate on the Meego features further. It is in some parts like for like. What you have in BB10 is kind of Nokia N9 meets BBOS on a better spec'd device and fresher graphics. The Nokia N9 still does some things a bit better like swiping down to completely close an app without it becoming an active frame.

Not sticking up for Apple here but ios7 looks ok aside from the icons. I have always found the home screen to be a bit too busy with all those icons.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:14 PM
    You do know Blackberry copied Meego?

Meego and WebOS are all the rage it seems!!! Justification for them in a way. These features are open source now so using lawyers is a bit redundant.

Although Blackberry copied Meego they didn't really innovate on the Meego features further. It is in some parts like for like. What you have in BB10 is kind of Nokia N9 meets BBOS on a better spec'd device and fresher graphics. The Nokia N9 still does some things a bit better like swiping down to completely close an app without it becoming an active frame.

Not sticking up for Apple here but ios7 looks ok aside from the icons. I have always found the home screen to be a bit too busy with all those icons.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should indeed buy meego, just in case and for the patent

Maybe BlackBerry was allowed to use the design?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:17 PM
    And it looks like a toy..

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:23 PM
    Swipe down was already there for notification center.
    Swipe up for control center is new, swipe in from the left to go back in an app.

All without ridiculous looking bezels around the screen...
    What are you even talking about? The iPhone has a bezel around the screen.
    06-10-13 03:24 PM
    Yeah the "zomg BB should sue " crap needs to stop. If everyone having a friggin' seizure would stop and think, they'd realise swipe up was on WebOS and meego first. Swipe up to unlock? I did that on my Lumia 710 last year.

The forums are going to go full stupid over the next few days with fanboy rage. One should never go full stupid.
    Drew808 and xandermac like this.
    06-10-13 03:25 PM
    BlackBerry should indeed buy meego, just in case and for the patent

Maybe BlackBerry was allowed to use the design?

Posted via CB10
    It is all open source now. Nothing to buy.

Unless they want to buy out Jolla. ( sailfish os) which I hope they don't because Jolla has also taken on Meego but has innovated on it a little more than Blackberry has. Interactive active frames for example.

Jolla may never be as big as BlackBerry but I'd like them to do well.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:29 PM
    Here's a fun one about Apple (some my have seen already):
    That insane. Now, if not already done, Apple will patent their new features and pursue BlackBerry for using it in OS10.
    06-10-13 03:30 PM
    All I know is that BlackBerry made a great start but they better keep their foot on the gas and get 10.2 out pretty damn quick. They no longer have the luxury of waiting. And sadly that's something they did to themselves a couple of years ago.

Posted via CB10
    This!
    06-10-13 03:31 PM
    That insane. Now, if not already done, Apple will patent their new features and pursue BlackBerry for using it in OS10.
    That's the worse part of the patent nonsense.

Anyways, found this link funny: iOS 7 Steals Mailbox’s Gestures, Sunrise’s Layout, BB10′s Back Button, WebOS’s Multitasking | TechCrunch
    06-10-13 03:34 PM
    Nice OS. some amazing features... that my Z10 has.
    lol, yeah you keep saying that perhaps it'll be true one day. not.
    06-10-13 03:35 PM
140 12345 ...