Probably be released before 10.2.
    06-10-13 03:35 PM
    Don't own any Apple products and I never will.
    They do make a greater computer, buy way too expensive.
    And until someone can beat BlackBerry in security, I will keep buying blackberry.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    NotGoodIMO and mujahid 10 like this.
    06-10-13 03:37 PM
    the phone pad looks atrocious to me. I know they like to use white a lot... but damn

also, available in FALL. meaning they announced it and it wasnt released immediately.

much like the uproar of the BB10 phones not being available for a month after announcement. this is a MUCH longer wait. I know it is totally different, but just bringing the point up. I personally dont care wither way.
    06-10-13 03:39 PM
    the phone pad looks atrocious to me. I know they like to use white a lot... but damn

also, available in FALL. meaning they announced it and it wasnt released immediately.

much like the uproar of the BB10 phones not being available for a month after announcement. this is a MUCH longer wait. I know it is totally different, but just bringing the point up. I personally dont care wither way.
    Sadly I bet Blackberry's version of summer and their version of fall probably don't have too many days in between.
    Drew808 likes this.
    06-10-13 03:41 PM
    BBM is going to look good in iOS 7..

Refreshed iOS, BB10 gestures with BBM I'm sure that will convince some people to stick with Apple instead of Blackberry.
    06-10-13 04:30 PM
    How is this good news for BlackBerry? I find it the exact opposite. Now with Apple fully integrating 'swipe' gestures into iOS7, what compelling reason would a current iPhone user have to switch to a BB10 device? A bezel? What is the point. BBM? Will be available in the app store this summer (if BB sticks to their word). LED notifications? Possibly, but that is becoming more of a moot point. Security? Well, that is all a farce now anyways with NSA.
    For starters, Apple OS is very closed. For anyone looking for less suffocating experience, BB10 is much better. The hardware itself is closed, no battery change, no sd card slot, no hdmi, proprietory accessoriers etc. iTunes is one of the most annoying applications ever. While BB Link is not great, you don't have to use the application if you don't like it. Many times I simply use the windows explorer to drag and drop.
    People like innovators and Apple is not an innovator anymore. With more and more financial transactions happening on your phone, security is very important and we all know no one beats BB10 in security. In fact, I think at this point there is no solid reason to stay with iPhone. It's only matter of time when every other OS catches up with IOS on terms of apps as well.
    06-10-13 04:40 PM
    I just have that feeling and its not a good one that IOS 7 will give apple so much more dominance in the mobile market
    06-10-13 04:49 PM
    Iphone 5s or 6 will have the home button removed... You heard it here first!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-10-13 04:58 PM
    Because BlackBerry delayed bb10 from its original release in October to February. They bought qnx in 2010. So it took BlackBerry 3 years to make a gesture based os, and Apple just improved the performance and polished the interface of their rebuild in less than a year.

So yes. I'm sorry if your sensibilities are offended.

They just did a floor to ceiling redesign of their os just like BlackBerry did. And here it is, 4 months after the release of os 10 (which I still love, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel some compulsion to hate anything not BlackBerry like some here do),and Apple has polished the gestures and performance while we still wait for that same polishing to come from BlackBerry.

You can't compare iOS7 to iOS3. Sorry. No. It's like comparing bb7 to bb10. You also can't compare play books os to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    It is not at all the same like BlackBerry's situation. Apple already has ios, it's already built. To incorporate a few gestures is not complicated. You think it took 3 years for BlackBerry to nail gestures? No, it took them 3 years to literally build BlackBerry 10 from the ground up, with all the plumbing and the API's and absolutely everything.

Sorry Renee, but you're a little clueless here. If you continue with my train of thought you'll see you were comparing apples to oranges, or in this case blackberries!

Posted via CB10
    glennster28 and Captain_L like this.
    06-10-13 05:08 PM
    I think it is too early to make any judgement (which is next to impossible in a forum). When iOS7 is released then we can assess whether it is more polished, refined, fluid, etc than BB10 and Android.

I'm not an Apple fan, but one thing Apple has always excelled at is user interface. From the old macs to the iPod to the iPhone, Apple has made a name for itself for making products easy to use. I'm 80% certain that Apple will pull off an update that will be pleasing to its fan base. If the changes are enough to convert other platform loyalists is another question. People claiming to leave BB10 for this new iOS7 wanted to leave in the first place. This just sealed the deal.

On another note: if you don't want people to be criticized, mocked, or targeted, then don't post in forums. That is the reality of the Internet. Why would you praise Apple in a BlackBerry forum and expect no backlash? I think you wanted the negative attention, hence the constant reference to BlackBerry fan boys....(didn't forget the fan girls as well ;-) )
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    06-10-13 05:13 PM

no really true. Dev version was released today just like most times when Apple releases a new OS

For starters, Apple OS is very closed. For anyone looking for less suffocating experience, BB10 is much better. The hardware itself is closed, no battery change, no sd card slot, no hdmi, proprietory accessoriers etc. iTunes is one of the most annoying applications ever. While BB Link is not great, you don't have to use the application if you don't like it. Many times I simply use the windows explorer to drag and drop.
    People like innovators and Apple is not an innovator anymore. With more and more financial transactions happening on your phone, security is very important and we all know no one beats BB10 in security. In fact, I think at this point there is no solid reason to stay with iPhone. It's only matter of time when every other OS catches up with IOS on terms of apps as well.
    pretty sure link is required to backup your device and it fails at that miserably most all times for me. I dont even bother trying anymore. i would rather just wipe the phone and start over since its not a primary device for me.

All of the other things you mention (sealed battery, closed system, etc) have existed since the beginning and yet if you look at the sales records I dont think it matters to most people. They are pleased with the device as it is or they wouldnt keep buying iOS devices.

Even never owning an iphone or even an ipod touch i can think of many good reasons to buy an iphone.
    06-10-13 05:27 PM
    blackberry gets this said all the time about the new z10 and now that the shoe is on the other foot people dont want to hear it. its ok if people think blackberry stole from iphone but not the other way around smh.
    No, most people think RIM copied webOS, not the iPhone. I'm a huge fan of webOS and I'm actually thrilled that both RIM and Apple copied palms card system.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    reeneebob and mikeo007 like this.
    06-10-13 06:29 PM

This is typical of every iOS release, they release the beta to developers first so they can get their applications ready before the gold release to consumers which by the way has always been on time. Not really the issue you'd like it to be. It's happened every year.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-10-13 06:34 PM

Oh God.
    You'd think folks would have grown out of this cluelessness by now.
    Blackberry phones have offered SD card slots and removable batteries for years. iPhones have not. Yet iPhones have BRUTALLY SLAUGHTERED BlackBerry phones at retail for years now. The trend shows absolutely no sign of changing with BB10. What does this tell you? Most consumers out there don't care about removable batteries (why should they, the battery lasts the day usually) and folks with needs for bigger storage just get the 32GB or 64GB iPhone. Because iTunes backup is pretty fast and robust (unlike BlackBerry 10 backups that take ages), folks can easily play the shuffling game with apps if their phones fill up.

People don't care about 'innovations'. They care about excellent products. iOS7 looks to reinvigorate the iPhone platform with a new, slick design, better multitasking, updated apps and live icons and revamped notifications, free iTunes radio etc. That is what people care about.

It will be YEARS and YEARS before BB ever catches up in apps with iOS. Security may be very important to YOU, but to most consumers the iPhone provides adequate enough security...and that's good enough for them.

I'm just telling you this so you can steel yourself for the bloodbath at retail when the next iPhone launches together with iOS7.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-10-13 06:35 PM
    Don't own any Apple products and I never will.
    They do make a greater computer, buy way too expensive.
    And until someone can beat BlackBerry in security, I will keep buying blackberry.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    Security.... Please! Are you a president or a prime minister? No? Ok.
    06-10-13 06:42 PM
    Oh God.
    You'd think folks would have grown out of this cluelessness by now.
    Blackberry phones have offered SD card slots and removable batteries for years. iPhones have not. Yet iPhones have BRUTALLY SLAUGHTERED BlackBerry phones at retail for years now. The trend shows absolutely no sign of changing with BB10. What does this tell you? Most consumers out there don't care about removable batteries (why should they, the battery lasts the day usually) and folks with needs for bigger storage just get the 32GB or 64GB iPhone. Because iTunes backup is pretty fast and robust (unlike BlackBerry 10 backups that take ages), folks can easily play the shuffling game with apps if their phones fill up.

People don't care about 'innovations'. They care about excellent products. iOS7 looks to reinvigorate the iPhone platform with a new, slick design, better multitasking, updated apps and live icons and revamped notifications, free iTunes radio etc. That is what people care about.

It will be YEARS and YEARS before BB ever catches up in apps with iOS. Security may be very important to YOU, but to most consumers the iPhone provides adequate enough security...and that's good enough for them.

I'm just telling you this so you can steel yourself for the bloodbath at retail when the next iPhone launches together with iOS7.
    When new iphone is released it'll likely sell 5m over a weekend vs bb that takes 2+ quarters or so to even sell that much.
    06-10-13 06:47 PM
    Lipstick on a Pig....
    06-10-13 07:43 PM
    APPLE does something the whole mobile nation is talking endlessly about it , some good and some bad but i dont just get why crack berry community have to go extreme by now looking down on blackberry 10.
    06-10-13 09:52 PM
    As soon as they release an iPhone with a bigger battery (I mean a 1440 mah battery in 2012-2013 is really stupid IMO), I'm getting one
    06-10-13 10:00 PM
    i just need my 10.2 update
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    06-10-13 10:00 PM
    It seems like the general concensus is that ios7 is kind of boring, except that the car stuff is really impressive

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:01 PM
    It seems like the general concensus is that ios7 is kind of boring, except that the car stuff is really impressive

Posted via CB10
    Your opinion != general consensus
    06-10-13 10:03 PM
    ^^^^

No, I have read articles about it, watched video reactions, message boards. I'd say it's not just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:06 PM
    I am talking about what people who aren't apple or blackberry fanbois are saying

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:08 PM
    ^^^^

No, I have read articles about it, watched video reactions, message boards. I'd say it's not just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    I'd say it is. That or selective reading. Opinions from places other than fan sites have been generally positive.
    06-10-13 10:09 PM
140 ... 23456