Folks, this upgrade is going to be sweet. Apple - iOS 5 - See the top new features in action.
    06-06-11 04:44 PM
    Yes, yes iOS 5 is gonna be killer! I think they nailed it this time!
    06-06-11 04:46 PM
    Yes, yes iOS 5 is gonna be killer! I think they nailed it this time!
    definitely!
    06-06-11 04:49 PM
    I can't wait for it! The only thing that sucks is that we have to wait until fall
    06-06-11 04:49 PM
    looks like a major upgrade, however one thing obviously missing... no flash! The stubbornness of Apple on this is a big killer for their devices (although I'm sure they won't miss much in the sales department).
    I think this means it's shake n bake time for Blackberry to get there sheeet together with the software for the Playbook, or they could be having some major issues.Lets hope this acts as kick up the arse for them.
    06-06-11 04:54 PM
    I dont think Flash is a major missing thing. Ive used flash on Android (newer Snapdragon running at even 1.5ghz) and it wasn't worth watching. It was a very poor overall experience on a small screen device and with 3G speeds
    06-06-11 05:06 PM
    I dont think Flash is a major missing thing. Ive used flash on Android (newer Snapdragon running at even 1.5ghz) and it wasn't worth watching. It was a very poor overall experience on a small screen device and with 3G speeds
    I agree. I used flash on my droid for about a day and then I uninstalled it. It slowed the phone down, and it truly is unnecessary (for me anyways).
    06-06-11 05:13 PM
    Never have issues running flash on my Droid Pro. Gives me the full, real web.
    06-06-11 06:03 PM
    The notification system and now having autotext will eliminate my need to jailbreak now.
    06-06-11 06:24 PM
    I'm sooo ready for this, my upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket, er something!
    06-06-11 07:23 PM
    i can't decide at all now, iOS and android are now neck and neck. what to do with my upgrade in feb?
    06-06-11 08:13 PM
    excited for the upgrade as well. Wow. simply Wow!
    06-06-11 08:51 PM
    This update addresses my single biggest annoyance with iProducts: they require iTunes just to turn them on. Everything else is just mounds of cherries on top. The Monaco had really better blow me away this fall, because if Sprint has an iPhone by then it's gonne be my next phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 09:20 PM
    I'm looking forward to iMessage. It looks like a great messenger app. I know... something like BBM.
    06-06-11 09:39 PM
    This update addresses my single biggest annoyance with iProducts: they require iTunes just to turn them on. Everything else is just mounds of cherries on top. The Monaco had really better blow me away this fall, because if Sprint has an iPhone by then it's gonne be my next phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    agreed. I'm an iTunes hater as well. Only if..they'd upgrade itunes for something a lot better...**** I find windows media player more functional and better designed. The iTunes is still the same crap from OSX Tiger but with with only a few tweaks.
    06-06-11 10:02 PM
    Looks nice. Can't wait to see it in action. I'm still hoping for an notification light on the new iPhone, but this still has almost everything I need. Awesome!
    06-06-11 10:26 PM
    Looks nice. Can't wait to see it in action. I'm still hoping for an notification light on the new iPhone, but this still has almost everything I need. Awesome!
    Actually they have added some form of notification.

Accessibility

iOS 5 comes with innovative new features that make it easier for people with mobility, hearing, vision, and cognitive disabilities to get the most from their iOS devices. iOS 5 works with specialized hardware accessories. The LED flash and custom vibration settings let you see and feel when someone�s calling.

Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.
    06-06-11 10:43 PM
    Hmmm... Maybe I missed the led portion, but... How can I have an led flash on my iPhone 4 with the new iOS? Guess I am confused.
    06-06-11 11:25 PM
    Hmmm... Maybe I missed the led portion, but... How can I have an led flash on my iPhone 4 with the new iOS? Guess I am confused.
    I'm assuming that the new iPhone will have an LED light, but from what I'm reading online the 4 may utilize the flash. I'd be interested to see it. If you google it there are multiple articles discussing it. I'm sure the developers have it figured out by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-07-11 08:27 AM
    As for notification, they could also simply use a simple blip on the screen as opposed to the flash.
    06-07-11 09:06 AM
    I believe that you're right. There is no provision on the iPhone4 for a LED light. However, my guess is that there will be one on the iPhone5. Have one on my BB9000, but didn't miss it on the iPhone4. I always preferred the ringtone alerts.
    06-07-11 10:16 AM
    I just took the time to look at the info on icloud and holy cow!! That is really gonna change everything. I don't plug in and backup as much as I use to since I got my iPad. I'm just not on my mac that much anymore. Having everything update automatically is great!
    06-07-11 10:30 AM
    Personally, of all the things I miss about my Blackberry the notification LED isn't one of them. I actually feel less tethered to my device now because I am not continually checking to see if the red light is blinking.
    06-07-11 11:55 AM
    I love the little blinky notification light on my blackberry, and cannot wait until it comes to the iPhone. Outside of the keyboard, the led is what I missed the most. I'm looking forward to the new iOS.
    06-07-11 11:51 PM
    Is it ok that I'm excited about this to do list!? lol and i love that i can pick and choose apps from the lock screen.
    06-08-11 11:57 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD