Totally, utterly wrong. Very many 3rd party jailbreak iOS themes can significantly change the way it looks. iOS themes have gone way past the simple icon replacements that were popular in 2008/2009.

Click to view quoted image

And there's much more complex themes out there that can skin the dialer, music player, calender etc
    WOW, those are ridiculously gorgeouse, none of my iPhone friends who are jaklbroken have them ln their 4S devices. Beautiful.

However, I am not jailbroken. And with Android and my BBerries, I don't have to be. I prefer to run my devices stock. Customisation is available on the fly without having to deal with hacking my device. I shouldn't have to hack the daylights out of my phone to change a UI that has remained untouched for five years. I just cannot go past one week, it just bores me to tears.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 05-21-12 at 03:39 AM.
    05-21-12 03:27 AM
    here we go again....Is your dad gonna beat up my dad?
    05-21-12 04:55 AM
    Not having a great experience with ios 5.1 most games are crashing and it. Has been constant since 5.0. Qunix on the other hand has been quite solid with minor bugs here and there
    05-21-12 05:44 AM
    Apple needs to compete with other platforms and make different devices not just one. This is a rough business right now and every move counts. If Apple keeps the same old same old they will loose sales.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 05:52 AM
    Impressive, but how many users actually jailbreak their devices?
    I won't jailbreak my device. I tried it when I was at 5.0 and it screwed up my imessage, made the phone a tad slower. In the end, the advantages of jailbreaking weren't worth the disadvantages for me.

A lot of people don't jailbreak because they may not know how to. Mine was a personal choice.
    05-21-12 06:38 AM
    In my opinion, iOS is a very good app management tool, extremely simple, easily hacked and very limited in use. This is not the software to compete with BB 10, it is in fact finally outdated. First time smart phone buyers love it! That's great but what do you do after you hit the limit switch?

With BB 10, the sky is the limit, you will be able to integrate your phone with your tablet, the cloud, your car and your PC along with great enterprise opportunities. Then there is true real-time multitasking, that's what the next generation of smartphone buyers are all about. I want to open up my messaging in reliable real-time, stay connected to my stock quotes and surf the Net for references while taking calls. iOS is truly dead for the next generation of smartphone buyers.
    05-21-12 08:47 AM
    In my opinion, iOS is a very good app management tool, extremely simple, easily hacked and very limited in use. This is not the software to compete with BB 10, it is in fact finally outdated. First time smart phone buyers love it! That's great but what do you do after you hit the limit switch?

With BB 10, the sky is the limit, you will be able to integrate your phone with your tablet, the cloud, your car and your PC along with great enterprise opportunities. Then there is true real-time multitasking, that's what the next generation of smartphone buyers are all about. I want to open up my messaging in reliable real-time, stay connected to my stock quotes and surf the Net for references while taking calls. iOS is truly dead for the next generation of smartphone buyers.
    I would wait to see what's coming before I declare their next devices dead.
    05-21-12 08:56 AM
    Apple needs to compete with other platforms and make different devices not just one. This is a rough business right now and every move counts. If Apple keeps the same old same old they will loose sales.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I was quite confused when I first read this message, and think i've now read it properly.

You feel that they need diversification within product lines other then just memory/3G, i.e. various physical sizes.

I don't think I can agree with that, although a slightly larger iphone would be very nice. When it comes to losing sales, at the moment they're not really having any issues with that, and they do have lots of room to lower prices if needed.

As long as they don't stop improving, they're pretty safe until a killer software app shows up that's not available for IOS, or some other company comes up with a must-have hardware innovation. Will it happen? Eventually. If you want a wacky idea, RIM merges with Nintendo, and they release their game library for BB10 only.
    Last edited by cleacy; 05-21-12 at 10:06 AM.
    05-21-12 09:22 AM

This is soooo hilarious!

There was true real time multitasking in Symbian for years, there was superb multitasking in WebOS and there is excellent multitasking in Android OS. And through all this, the iPhone has continued to excel and thrive, easily eating RIM's lunch in the consumer market.

I don't see how i will be able to 'integrate BB10 with my tablet' if I don't have a Playbook. And if we're talking accessories we may as well throw in all the millions of iPhone compatible sound docks which BB10 devices won't play nice with.
    You can already integrate iDevices with the Cloud...an integration which is strongly rumoured to improve considerably by iOS 6. How exactly am I supposed to integrate my BB10 device with my car as you claim? I certainly have no plans to buy a Porsche anytime soon and I see no indication that my 2009 Venza will be able to share anything with my BB10 device except music via Bluetooth (which every smartphone platform supports)

I want to open up my messaging in reliable real-time, stay connected to my stock quotes and surf the Net for references while taking calls. iOS is truly dead for the next generation of smartphone buyers.
    You do realize that all this is possible on iOS? And definitely on Android, Symbian, WebOS, Meego etc?

Then there is true real-time multitasking, that's what the next generation of smartphone buyers are all about.
    I think for the forseeable future, most smartphone buyers will be about the available apps...a category in which Blackberry 10 devices will struggle to catch up for years to come. Market sales figures prove this.
    cleacy and DX9 like this.
    05-21-12 10:56 AM
    You really don't know what BB10 will bring to the table nor how it will fare in the market, sooooo..... Without a good eco-system of Apps and cloud services it won't do much better than the current BB platform, as QNX on the PB has shown. Hopefully it'll be top notch with all the apps available that people want, if not...

05-21-12 11:14 AM
    I would wait to see what's coming before I declare their next devices dead.
    I'm quoting you on that in regards to bb10 as well.
    05-21-12 07:58 PM
    I'm quoting you on that in regards to bb10 as well.
    Go right ahead. Without knowing much information about something it would be stupid to declare it a failure already.
    05-22-12 10:49 AM
    Go right ahead. Without knowing much information about something it would be stupid to declare it a failure already.
    I agree in regards to both companies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    05-22-12 12:03 PM
    Yes, if you had the original iP then you will think the UI is boring. I think it is outdated, especially when I look at my iPhone, iPod, and iPad, all looking the same. No excitement for me anymore. This is why I think Android is ruling the smartphone market. A lot of users choose this for the customization of it and having a different phone than the next person. A lot of my friends who have had iPhones are now switching to different OS's cause nothing has visually changed over the years. Android rules now, once the majority are bored with Android, WP might be next or BB10, who knows. Then it will go over and over again. But to the OP, for me, the OS is very boring.
    05-23-12 06:51 PM
    The thing is,....iOS isn't "old" to the millions of people who purchased their first Apple product when the 4S came out.

I don't get how it's "old" anyways. It's got my folders with the applications I need right there. Where are they supposed to put them? If it involves putting them behind an extra click or gesture,....then no thanks. I change the photo my wife and kids on the home and lock screens at least once a week. There ya go. New phone. lol.
    05-23-12 10:36 PM
    It's not 100% how it looks, but also how it works. Bottom line is that they will eventually need to change as years go by. IOS is only good for now. In the end this holds true for any company at the top.. Whether it's RIM with BB10 or Apple or Android or Windows phone or whoever else.. Eventually everyone software will change because it just doesn't do anymore. I'd say if it hits off, bb10 is good for maximum 10 years unless they can really milk the operating system for all its got. Ios has been the same for 4 years. There have been things added in, but changes haven't been drastic for either of two reasons:
    1. Ios is just limited that way
    2. Apple doesn't seem to want to.

From the experiences I hear from devs though, I would assume it's the former.
    05-24-12 12:20 AM
    Limited in what way exactly? Does iOS fail to do anything that androids do? I'm seriously asking. I've never used Android. As for iOS only making incremental changes over the passed five years,....that's just nonsense. Apple largely had to create their ecosystem on the fly. For example,....tightly integrating iTunes and the app store into the user experience. There was no template for that.
    05-24-12 12:32 AM
    From an operating system standpoint, which manages many processes and works in a certain way, well, it feels like Ios is one big sandbox. I guess that's a good example.

But ecosystem has little to do with the operating system. There is no iTunes on an idevice. ITunes is on your pc. Ios just accesses iTunes and their ecosystem with an app built within their 'sandbox'.
    Last edited by apengue1; 05-24-12 at 12:43 AM.
    05-24-12 12:40 AM
    I don't follow your meaning. If you're talking about the "walled-garden" thing,...I think that's highly subjective. And MANY more people seem to not mind it than do. As evidenced by all the iPhones everywhere.
    05-24-12 12:45 AM
    I'm saying that the 'walled garden' has nothing to do with how the operating system functions. It has nothing to do with Ios. The walled garden is the ecosystem. Its what is sitting on Walmart shelves. The operating system is the way Walmart works and functions. Let's say Walmart only has manual non-electric cash registers. Its employees are also getting old. The way it is, it appears to have a great store stock (ecosystem), but they're gonna have to find another way to deliver it by means of upgrading their cash registers with electronic, lan connected registers as well as bring in more new blood. The old way can only do so much/ go so far. It is why we have had many versions of Mac os and Windows os.
    05-24-12 01:40 AM
    They absolutely need a new multitasking mechanism. Double-pressing home feels last century.
    05-31-12 04:14 PM
    They absolutely need a new multitasking mechanism. Double-pressing home feels last century.
    I have seen the future, my friends... It is called "Gestures" And it is just great
    05-31-12 05:03 PM
    Limited in what way exactly? Does iOS fail to do anything that androids do?
    -Legitimate multitasking
    -Widgets
    -Customization beyond rearranging icons, ringtones and a few other things
    -free built in turn by turn gps navigation
    -Videochat over 3G networks

Just a few. I loved my iPhone but others OSs can do more. iOS is just usually more polished when it comes to third party apps. Android ICS is just as smooth as iOS.

iOS right now is just a really smooth app launcher. You can't do any tasks without opening an app and leaving your homescreen, besides universal search and look at the widgets in the notification center.
    05-31-12 05:34 PM
    The things I see here are the 3 major smart phone device users flexing their muscles to see who's is bigger. Truthfully it doesn't matter. Each user has their device because they like it. If iOS is so boring, then people wouldn't be buying it to this day. The people that get bored with it are the tech nerds who want the best. Myself i used two blackberries and yeah i was bored with my 8330. I bought a 9550 in which i still own. I am not bored with my iPhone as there are 2 in my house along with my iPod touch 4th gen. I just feel that alot of people are throwing there device whether it be a BB or Android or spouting that BB 10 will be the best out there( have you truly seen BB 10? or just so called leaked photos?) All of this my phone is better than yours, to me is like a bunch of teenagers sitting in the locker room after gym class saying my johnson is bigger than yours.
    05-31-12 06:23 PM
    -Legitimate multitasking
    -Widgets
    -Customization beyond rearranging icons, ringtones and a few other things
    -free built in turn by turn gps navigation
    -Videochat over 3G networks
    My battery went from 75% to 25% just reading that post.
    06-01-12 07:31 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD