Lmao

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:12 PM
    Can't wait to see my big indian boss in the office use that rainbow-colored settings screen. Lol

Posted via my sexy Z10. --- want a free music streaming app??? Download Skooday now on BlackBerry world!!
    06-10-13 05:14 PM
    looks can be entirely deceiving take htc sense 4 on tye htc one x. looks like playbook multitasking but its not everytime you go back tonan app it reloads amd is not true multitasking
    It'll freeze the app in the background now, however with apples new "smart updates" if you say keep fb in the background all the time and check it every hour or so, it'll learn to update just before than so time line is refreshed

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 06:01 PM
    iOS 7 was nothing but a cosmetic change in my mind. Everything else they implemented was playing catch up. i.e better multitasking, control center, radio, apple cards, iWork in cloud. All things in place in other systems / apps
    Posted via CB10
    It's more than just catch-up. It's catching up and surpassing. Control center is better than any other implementation I've ever seen. Radio is second to none...free and extremely customizable. Multitasking is better than ever, and keeps battery life the same. I really like where Apple is taking multitasking and background processing with iOS and OSX. Save cycles, yet still provide a seamless experience for the user.

It'll freeze the app in the background now, however with apples new "smart updates" if you say keep fb in the background all the time and check it every hour or so, it'll learn to update just before than so time line is refreshed

Posted via CB10
    It's even better than that. The "smart updates" is basically just a fancy way of saying the app can enter the background state whenever you want it to, even if it's not currently running. You can even wake an app with push notifications and allow it to do background processing.
    06-10-13 07:17 PM
    It's more than just catch-up. It's catching up and surpassing. Control center is better than any other implementation I've ever seen. Radio is second to none...free and extremely customizable. Multitasking is better than ever, and keeps battery life the same. I really like where Apple is taking multitasking and background processing with iOS and OSX. Save cycles, yet still provide a seamless experience for the user.

It's even better than that. The "smart updates" is basically just a fancy way of saying the app can enter the background state whenever you want it to, even if it's not currently running. You can even wake an app with push notifications and allow it to do background processing.
    My opinion might change once it comes out this fall and I get a chance to play with it on the GF's iDevices, but for now I don't see surpassing at all

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:25 PM
    One feature I liked was the anti theft one completely locks the phone so only way to unlock it would be to input apple id and password

Posted via CB10
    Blackberrys already do that lol
    06-10-13 07:29 PM
    Lol check out these two tweets from Alex Kinsella (retweeted by him) and Michael Clewley, respectively:
    @HilzFuld: iOS 7 gestures remind me of Blackberry 10! #WWDC2013

Original: https://twitter.com/HilzFuld/status/344159535138742272

Shared via Blaq for BlackBerry 10
    @MichaelClewley: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Original: https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...34853090328576

Shared via Blaq for BlackBerry 10
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    smart updates sound more like pseudo hackfest multitasking in my humble opinion.

ios uses a monolithic kernal doesn't it ?
    06-10-13 08:14 PM
    smart updates sound more like pseudo hackfest multitasking in my humble opinion.

ios uses a monolithic kernal doesn't it ?
    No, it's a hybrid based on a microkernel.
    06-10-13 08:16 PM
    No, it's a hybrid based on a microkernel.
    thanks for the clairification mike.
    06-10-13 08:40 PM
    I've had a chance to play with it now (they have a dev build here at work)

My impressions (and remember these are just one person's opinions! ):

- The icons are too big and too bright - they looked better on the web demo. Playing with brightness helps though

- the 3d parallax desktop is fun for all of 5 seconds then becomes annoying

- the flat look of icons is lovely

- the flat look of apps is even lovelier - I really like this, it's more in line with BB10 and WinPhone8 than the awful skeuomorphic mess from before

- Control Center is nice and was very much needed in iOS

- The multitasking card system does not look as good as on WebOS or the PlayBook; hopefully they will refine it before the final release. I can't say quite why though - it just feels less polished

Overall, I rather like it. I suspect the main iOS demographic may find it tricky to navigate at first though.

I still prefer BB10 by some way, but I'd like it to get an icon refresh too - but then as you can probably guess I like flat designs
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-11-13 05:53 AM
    Blackberrys already do that lol
    No it doesn't, all it has is a password and once password gets entered wrong 10 times the device gets wiped and so does pass lock, with iOS 7 it stays locked for ever no matter what

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:59 AM
    A good usability update. Not thrilled by the color palette but my next phone will be the white one so it won't be that bad.
    06-11-13 08:36 AM
    ios7 is ios6 with some botox, but it too will sag and droop until its next injection
    06-11-13 08:40 AM
    No it doesn't, all it has is a password and once password gets entered wrong 10 times the device gets wiped and so does pass lock, with iOS 7 it stays locked for ever no matter what

Posted via CB10
    And this is a feature? For what? Selling more iphones?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:36 AM
    Originally Posted by ShadowBlazes<br />
    No it doesn't, all it has is a password and once password gets entered wrong 10 times the device gets wiped and so does pass lock, with iOS 7 it stays locked for ever no matter what <br />
    <br />
    Posted via CB10
    <br />
    <br />
    And this is a feature? For what? Selling more iphones?<br />
    <br />
    Posted via CB10
    I can see.this pissing a lot of people off. especially parents who's kids brick their phones because they forget their passwords.
    06-11-13 10:11 AM
    I can see.this pissing a lot of people off. especially parents who's kids brick their phones because they forget their passwords.
    This is going to be a problem for the aging Apple fan base. Now that many non-tech savvy 40+ somethings use iphone there are going to be a lot of bricked iphones out there. I betcha.

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-11-13 11:13 AM
    This is going to be a problem for the aging Apple fan base. Now that many non-tech savvy 40+ somethings use iphone there are going to be a lot of bricked iphones out there. I betcha.

Posted via CB10
    Did you actually research how it works? Maybe you should read up before spreading fud. The lock happens through find my iphone. You need your password to log into that and lock your device in the first place.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-11-13 11:24 AM
43 12