My business partner has a beta version and he says it's very buggy. In all fairness, I haven't really asked him for details. He just told me in passing that it isn't stable. I hope that's not the case when it releases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 09:21 PM
    I had Beta 1 and I found it anything but buggy and unstable; quite the opposite. It seemed pretty close to release quality IMO minus a few tiny bugs.

Id presume beta 2 is even better in terms of bug fixes too.

Only reason I went back to 4.3.3 is the jailbreak for 5.0 (and 98% of Cydia apps) isnt ready for prime time yet.
    06-28-11 12:31 AM
    I'd say beta 2 is very close to something they could release. I do wonder why they disabled FaceTime though.

06-28-11 12:43 AM
    I am of the opposite camp the beta 2 release is far from buggy. It is as close to a release product as I have seen any OS (android, BBOS) Apple has done a good job with this OS. Maybe your business partner restored from an old build on top of Beta2?
    06-28-11 07:13 AM
    I'd say beta 2 is very close to something they could release. I do wonder why they disabled FaceTime though.

Question-ive never had apple or android:come sept and nov-one of these companys is gonna get my money-why should I go with IOS?

06-28-11 07:15 AM
    Come on in the water is fine.

I had many Android devices. They are a great device. But the form factor of the iPhone and it's smooth interface makes it top notch IMO.

And iOS 5 makes it even better. It takes the best of all worlds Android and BBOS and integrates them into it's OS. Notifications from Android and iMessage (which blows BBM out of the water speed wise.)
    06-28-11 07:18 AM
    I've tried a couple android in the last couple months. Came back to my iPhone within days.

iOS just seems more polished that android.

06-28-11 08:54 AM
    My business partner has a beta version and he says it's very buggy. In all fairness, I haven't really asked him for details. He just told me in passing that it isn't stable. I hope that's not the case when it releases.

I don't know what you friend it talking about. I have had both beta and they have been anything but "very buggy". I found a few bugs, but this is a beta...

I can easily use beta 2 as an everyday option, like I have been. Facetime doesn't work right now but I can care less about that.
    06-28-11 10:25 AM
    I've tried a couple android in the last couple months. Came back to my iPhone within days.

iOS just seems more polished that android.

agreed. i shelled out $400 for the G2X and while it's a pretty good android, it just wasn't the same...my friend is using it now and having all kinds of OS issues and bugs. i feel bad for her, but i'm kinda glad i got rid of it for iphone.
    06-28-11 11:37 AM
    Another bug custom ringtones don't work for a contact.

Correction they do work.....it was operator error....

Last edited by Accidental Post; 07-07-11 at 12:04 PM.
    06-28-11 05:47 PM
    I can't wait to get my iphone and the release of ios5! All this sounds VERY interesting!! Thanks for all the info! Its helpful for a up and coming owner!

07-05-11 11:32 AM
    i had to sync my iphone today to get a ringtone on it...i can't WAIT for iOS5...and wireless sync
    07-09-11 11:14 PM
    There are plenty of beta versions of iOS5 around that you could load up on your i4, olliegrl. Why not give one a try?
    07-09-11 11:23 PM
    i thought you had to have a dev license to download it?
    07-10-11 09:40 AM
    You need your UDID registered or will have a nice iPod
    07-10-11 10:34 AM
    ok it's like you're speaking German lol....

can we break this down kindergarten style?
    07-10-11 12:37 PM
    The OS certainly looks nice and option are a much needed improvement. Maybe............. but not switching carriers and I never have liked apple but who knows.
    07-10-11 01:55 PM
    Ollie each iPhone has a UDID a unique Identifier that HAS to be registered in the Apple Dev database Once your UDID is registered you can install iOS 5 and activate your phone. If you UDID is not registered in the DB your phone won't activate. There is a work around but for 3 bucks it is easier to just get it registered PM me if you want UDID info.
    07-10-11 03:25 PM
    yeah but doesn't that cost $99?
    07-10-11 09:47 PM
    Olli an Dev license does cost 99 bucks but you get 100 slots. So people are registering as Devs and selling their slots. PM me and I will point you in the right direction. He has them on sale for 2.50
    07-11-11 06:57 AM
    Beta 3 has dropped must get iTunes beta 3 also.
    07-11-11 02:42 PM
    Olli an Dev license does cost 99 bucks but you get 100 slots. So people are registering as Devs and selling their slots. PM me and I will point you in the right direction. He has them on sale for 2.50
    I guess I should do a Sergeant Schultz on this? "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing" lol

Not a HUGE deal, but please keep these kind of discussions confined to PM.
    07-11-11 03:44 PM
    Will do fine sir..........
    07-11-11 04:02 PM
    I cannot find a working iOS 5 beta 3 download link anywhere. Every site is linked to the same site for the download and it isn't working lol.
    07-11-11 08:39 PM
    Beta 3 as expected is better than the last one. Speed improvements, battery improvements, refined little tweaks that means iOS 5 final should be right around the corner.
    07-12-11 11:57 AM
112 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD