How to kill apps: When you have the app switcher open, hold down any
    app and wait for them to shake and you'll see the symbol to kill the apps.
    06-21-10 04:57 PM
    I never use 3G unless I open YouTube-

My battery life is pretty amazing, and calls don't drop nearly as much.
    You bring up a really good point about 3G and calls. If I am going to have a heavy talk day on my iPhone I turn 3G off as it really makes a difference in terms of battery life. The call quality is not as good as on 3G but not bad enough to justify the extra battery drain.
    06-21-10 05:25 PM
    lol perhaps. Now I have a question. I know technically when you open
    and app it's not technically running. Any idea how long it takes the OS to kill
    the app after you haven't used it for a certain amount of time? Or does it
    do it at all?
    I don't think they shut down at all. If they do,
    it's probably the number of apps maxing out.
    06-21-10 05:27 PM
    Ooh nice, time to finally sync my iTouch.
    06-21-10 05:34 PM
    I was a blackberry user than an iphone user which i loved. But it seemed that my battery would never last. So i switched back to blackberry. But today with the release of ios4 i have downloaded to my 3gs and i am very impressed with everything so far. So my question is has anyone have any reviews about the battery life with this os? Because if it is better than before i may make the switch back to my iphone lol. Thanks in advance.
    06-21-10 05:53 PM
    I think it would be fair to have a battery life review after it's been out for longer
    than 3 days or so.
    06-21-10 05:55 PM
    What doesn't work

* Multitasking: this is the big one. Double-tapping the home button doesn't give you the handy menu, there's no fast app switching, and background use is missing in action.
    * Screen lock: normally in the multitasking menu (which isn't available on 3G), it's nowhere to be found, even under Settings. Bummer.
    * Home screen wallpaper: you'd think this simple addition would make the cut, but sadly no. The dock has been given a visual upgrade, though.
    * Bluetooth Keyboard support: we haven't tried this ourselves, but an influx of reports from Twitter suggest this is also a no-go.
    * Spotlight: the iPhone 3GS can search the web and Wikipedia from the homescreen. The 3G? Not so lucky.

Source
    those feature you have missing something? To me, Yes its disappoint in me, no multi-tasking!
    06-21-10 07:04 PM
    How to kill apps: When you have the app switcher open, hold down any
    app and wait for them to shake and you'll see the symbol to kill the apps.
    I wonder. The apps we see in the app switcher menu aren't really multi tasking if they have not been updated to do so?
    06-21-10 07:37 PM
    I wonder. The apps we see in the app switcher menu aren't really multi tasking if they have not been updated to do so?
    Yeah, some are and some aren't. But if they're not updated to do so still, they
    still are showing up in the app switcher. Some of them actually stay paused
    though. Like my Twitter app which hasn't gotten any iOS 4 optimization
    update at all.
    06-21-10 08:00 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD