I wanted to give everyone here a heads up on iOS 4.1 coming out soon. It is now on beta 2 and thus far have been very impressed with it, all of my apps such as Osfoora (twitter client) are noticeably quicker.

The biggest improvement seems to be push e-mail, with 4.0 and even 4.0.1 there seemed to be the exchange/MobileMe and push in general bug. I happy to report that it seems that bug has been fixed, I am now receiving e-mails instantaneously once more.

I cannot comment on the proximity sensor issue as I did not suffer from that bug, sorry.

Overall 4.1 seems to be even quicker and smoother, app switching is improved, even how some apps flow seems to be improved. Good update Apple.
    07-28-10 11:46 AM
    Very nice! what do you think about Game Center?
    07-28-10 11:47 AM
    I think Apple is testing it as of now thus why they included it on the beta, I can't make a lot of use of it since I have no friends. I also cannot find any games in it, maybe I'm using it wrong. FYI, you use your Apple ID to sign into the Game Center.

It is mostly there (for now) so developers can probably code their games to connect to the upcoming Game Center.
    07-28-10 12:09 PM
    hey how long until you think that goes live
    07-28-10 03:02 PM
    hey how long until you think that goes live
    I'd say in about a 1-2 months.
    07-28-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD