Just curious...is there some sort of service that will professionally apply one of these types of "shield" protectors on the iPhone?
    07-10-09 08:56 AM
    Don't pay for it... It's actually really easy on the the 3G and 3GS... the OG iPhone is a bit more of a pain in the a$$. Just use a good amount of the spray and you will be golden.
    07-10-09 09:18 AM
    Don't pay for it... It's actually really easy on the the 3G and 3GS... the OG iPhone is a bit more of a pain in the a$$. Just use a good amount of the spray and you will be golden.
    When you say "good amount of the spray" do you mean on the phone or the shield? Or both?

I've seen some videos which make it look very easy...just assumed it was marketing
    Last edited by igorsky; 07-10-09 at 09:24 AM.
    07-10-09 09:21 AM
    I'm sure a tint shop could do it.. Might charge you $100 tho haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:30 AM
    When you say "good amount of the spray" do you mean on the phone or the shield? Or both?

I've seen some videos which make it look very easy...just assumed it was marketing
    On the shield, not on the phone, although it of course will end up on the phone. But the spray allows you to position it and move it around until you're happy with where it's at before it starts to stick too much. Plus if you do end up with it sticking before you have it where you want it, simply pull it up and start over (with more spray).

ZAGG's tutorial video for the 3G is the real deal, that's basically how you do it and it has a couple of tips (like spraying a little spray on the outside of the shield to make the squeegeeing easier). And keep in mind, if you goof up bad, just call ZAGG and tell them something went wrong and it's not working and they will send you a replacement for free ($3.95 for shipping)...
    07-10-09 09:34 AM
    Many malls have IS kiosks. They will do it for you but just have to pay for installion. Screen only is usually $5 and full body is $10
    07-10-09 09:35 AM
    Cool, thanks for the tips everyone.
    07-10-09 09:37 AM
    I got my Ghost Armor done at a mall. Paid $35 installed whole body. Lifetime warranty, I'm happy with it.
    07-10-09 11:34 AM
    In case anyone is interested I found out that Best Buy sells and does installations of the Invisible Shield. The salesperson wasn't sure what the charge was, but he thinks it's in the neighborhood of $5.
    07-10-09 12:42 PM
    Hmm never had BestBuy offer me that **** before lol.
    07-11-09 12:08 AM
    Hmm never had BestBuy offer me that **** before lol.
    i was told they charge if you buy it there they will put it on for about 3 bucks.
    07-11-09 04:20 PM
    use a credit card and peel back the edge dont remove the back all the way line up the top and smooth it with a credit card and it will have no bubbles dont use spray it might get in the phone and ruin it
    07-11-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD