Introducing the first Apple-certified SolarCharger for iPhone and iPod Touch.
    Solar energy is a well tested power source that is already being used around the world for numerous commercial, industrial, government and domestic applications. It is powering water pumps in African villages, weather stations in the Antarctic and satellites in space!

It works by transforming the energy from the sun into a reusable form of electricity, a process known as Photovoltaic (or PV for short). Your solar panel acts as a collecting tray, helping you catch the sun’s rays. The bigger the panel, the more energy you can collect. The energy collected is stored for your future use in a battery.

Sometimes you collect more energy than you actually need so with larger panels a voltage regulator should be fitted to control the flow of energy and prevent battery damage.

Clean and green, solar power is a renewable, sustainable and non-polluting source of energy. It is easy to see the appeal of solar power for domestic use. Low maintenance and long lasting, it is a highly cost-effective and reliable energy supply.

The Surge features an internal battery which your iPhone draws on when needed. The integrated solar panel will charge the internal battery, provided sufficient light is available. For times when adequate light is not available or when you just need a quicker charge, the USB port offers a fallback option.

Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-12-10 at 12:06 PM.
    03-11-10 12:47 PM
    This looks awesome! Anyone who tries this, please let us know how it works. i've been looking for a BlackBerry solar charger and everyone i've come across got horrible reviews. i'm really interested in solar power.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 12:50 PM
    This looks awesome, but I'm a little nervous about the look/bulk of the device
    03-11-10 01:14 PM
    Amazing! I guess the hybrid/electric cars iPhone owners drive can't spare enough juice to charge their phones and still get down the road?

Who needs a portable charger when you can just swap out batteries.

Oh yeah, you guys can't do that

03-11-10 01:30 PM
    Amazing! I guess the hybrid/electric cars iPhone owners drive can't spare enough juice to charge their phones and still get down the road?

Who needs a portable charger when you can just swap out batteries.

Oh yeah, you guys can't do that

Once again, why are you here? What do you have to offer, oh that's right not one single thing.
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 03-12-10 at 02:07 AM.
    03-11-10 05:18 PM
    Ooooo I want one!
    03-11-10 11:52 PM
    Totally useless for me. I've never gone below 20% without being near my computer or a charger.
    03-12-10 12:18 AM
    Totally useless for me. I've never gone below 20% without being near my computer or a charger.
    Yeah I'm always near a charger when the battery is low. And some people sit near a computer all day and don't think about charging until the battery is red. But anyhow, I digress. Looks like a cool accessory.
    03-12-10 10:13 AM
    so...how does this work?
    do you leave the charger on the roof until it charges up, then plug it into your iphone?
    or do you plug the charger into your iphone and leave both on the roof?
    lol!
    03-12-10 10:28 AM
    If it were a bit less expensive, I would buy it.
    03-14-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD